REMINDER: Log on to Xbox Live and d/l Carcassonne free [repost, on X360 forums]

Status
Not open for further replies.

grazzt

CAGiversary!
I know this is a repost of: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=159443
but due to the limited time of this offer, I figured a reminder is in order.

I also know that this probably only belongs in the free deals forum.. but in case people don't check that forum as frequently as others...

Log on to Xbox live with your live account today (silver or gold), and you can download Carcassonne for free. I believe it's only active today and tomorrow (11/15 and 11/16).

what? I purchased this game, how is it free now?

I guess I will think twice about buying any more arcade games. I'll assume they will all be free in a few years I guess.

[quote name='Indiana']I guess I will think twice about buying any more arcade games. I'll assume they will all be free in a few years I guess.[/QUOTE]
If it wasn't worth the money why did you buy it in the first place? If it was why the hell are you bitching that now all your friends can have it and play it with you, vastly improving your own gaming experience?

[quote name='PyroGamer']If it wasn't worth the money why did you buy it in the first place? If it was why the hell are you bitching that now all your friends can have it and play it with you, vastly improving your own gaming experience?[/QUOTE]

It's a good game but I don't feel that I got my $10 out of it. So, I guess I'm saying that I will not be buying any more 800 point games on Live. Not if they are going to be free in future.

Agreed. I just got a friend's old copy of Halo 2 the other day, so I dont think I will be buying any more games cause I might get them free at some point in the future.

Not all games are going to be free.. this game was made free for a couple days as part of the Live is 5ive promotion celebrating the five years of Xbox Live.

I don't understand why people complain about Xbox Live giving something away free once in a while and use that as an argument to not purchase anymore games. I think I got my money's worth from Puzzle Fighter and Puzzle Quest.....

[quote name='Indiana']It's a good game but I don't feel that I got my $10 out of it.[/QUOTE]
I can understand being dissapointed because you didn't get your money's worth, but that has nothing to do with the possibility of it being given away in the future as part of some special promotion.

[quote name='kyogensho']Agreed. I just got a friend's old copy of Halo 2 the other day, so I dont think I will be buying any more games cause I might get them free at some point in the future.[/QUOTE]

Sigh, today is xbox live's 5 year anniversary. THAT'S why the game is free TODAY ONLY, all games aren't going to magically be free at some point.

[quote name='Cmosfm']Sigh, today is xbox live's 5 year anniversary. THAT'S why the game is free TODAY ONLY, all games aren't going to magically be free at some point.[/quote] To be honest I think he was being sarcastic, I might be wrong though. If you put in in the context that he was referencing the post above his it sorta makes sense.

[quote name='Cmosfm']Sigh, today is xbox live's 5 year anniversary. THAT'S why the game is free TODAY ONLY, all games aren't going to magically be free at some point.[/quote]
it was a joke =o) on my part anyway...

[quote name='Cmosfm']Sigh, today is xbox live's 5 year anniversary. THAT'S why the game is free TODAY ONLY, all games aren't going to magically be free at some point.[/quote]

Well, today and tomorrow anyway...

Pretty obvious he was being sarcastic.

Anyway thanks op,I had seen this before but didnt realize "Active" member referred to silver also,until I read your post.

People complaining about it being free and no longer buying games:

This game isn't free from now on because of poor sales or a price drop or something.

It is free TODAY ONLY because today is Xbox Live's 5th birthday and this is Microsoft's present. Tomorrow it will be back to $10.

Thanks for the heads up, I don't go into the freebies forum so you helped me. Looks like they have some themes for free, too!

[quote name='SpikeSpiegel']To be honest I think he was being sarcastic, I might be wrong though. If you put in in the context that he was referencing the post above his it sorta makes sense.[/QUOTE]

Actually my post wasn't directed just toward him, his was just the one I quoted, it was really directed toward anyone above that was complaining about this.

Dont forget all the free Gamer pics & Themes.

I havent look at them yet, but the themes are Halo1, Mechassault, Gears of war some others.

If you have a child xbox account, it might be hard to find because you wont see any adds about LIVE is 5IVE. Just look under "Featured Gamer pics & Themes".

Thanks for the heads up, OP. I wish the mods wouldn't be so quick to remove/lock free video game related deals from the game bargain forum. Not everyone checks the Free Forum or the Xbox Forum. If anything, move those threads started in other forums here for more exposure. Free is a deal, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back