Reminder: Special Election in California Coming Soon

BigT

CAGiversary!
Just sent out my absentee ballot.

The voting on the propositions is easy:
No, no, no, no, no, and no!

Screw Gov. Schwarzenegger and the morons in the state assembly/senate and their damned tax increases... The A-holes are disguising tax increases as spending caps and rainy day funds... we have to ensure that the state is forced to stop spending!

Vote no on everything!

If any of these passes I swear to god we'll have to form the Californian Militia and overthrow our state gov't otherwise we'll drag the rest of the country with us.

Anyone who thinks California is a fantastic place to live is completely retarded.

[quote name='BigT']Just sent out my absentee ballot.

The voting on the propositions is easy:
No, no, no, no, no, and no!

Screw Gov. Schwarzenegger and the morons in the state assembly/senate and their damned tax increases... The A-holes are disguising tax increases as spending caps and rainy day funds... we have to ensure that the state is forced to stop spending!

Vote no on everything![/quote]

You actually voted no on the last one? The one that prevents elected officials from receiving a raise during years in which the state budget has a deficit?

Considering all the accusations you made in your original post about your elected officials, you might actually try READING THE ENTIRE BALLOT before climbing the soapbox.

~HotShotX

[quote name='HotShotX']You actually voted no on the last one? The one that prevents elected officials from receiving a raise during years in which the state budget has a deficit?

Considering all the accusations you made in your original post about your elected officials, you might actually try READING THE ENTIRE BALLOT before climbing the soapbox.

~HotShotX[/quote]

Was scratching my head at that one. And the pussy in me would never vote against 1D. I guess we all can't think of the children.

[quote name='HotShotX']You actually voted no on the last one? The one that prevents elected officials from receiving a raise during years in which the state budget has a deficit?[/quote]

Have you read the legaleze of the proposition? Not just the shorthand of it. Some of these bastards have some tricky things worded into them. Hell; i've been getting phone calls saying to vote yes on all 6 because they will ensure no new taxes. Bullshit! These fuckers are lying through the teeth to us.

Whether 1F says what it really says or not is truly irrelevant. All six of these and the February tax hike were all one big package. If all six get a resounding NO then it says to the legislature to fuck off and we're tied of your incompetence and to take your taxes with you. We need a massive reform in California; i'm hoping the legislature gets disbanded to a part time one like Texas.

[quote name='HotShotX']You actually voted no on the last one? The one that prevents elected officials from receiving a raise during years in which the state budget has a deficit?

~HotShotX[/quote]

You need to know more background: 1F was proposed by that traitor Abel Maldonado as part of a "compromise"... he voted for tax increases and in exchange, he got to put this on the ballot... I will not support any measure that is proposed by that turncoat... he just wants to build up his resume to run for higher office... NO!

I didn't link to the voter's guide because it is full of lies.

For example, the description of 1A fails to mention that it actually maintains our tax increases for an extra 2 years... (the democrats and republicans have finally joined hands in order to pull the wool over our eyes and rob us blind)... we cannot feed the beast any longer... we have to cut off their money supply so that they starve and die! Then we can rebuild the state with more thought.

I left for Texas and took my income taxes with me when Arnold bungled real reform a few years ago. Once Californians wake the hell up, and vote for somebody because they are SANE, rather than for the letter after their name, maybe I'll move back.

[quote name='Revenantae']I left for Texas and took my income taxes with me when Arnold bungled real reform a few years ago. Once Californians wake the hell up, and vote for somebody because they are SANE, rather than for the letter after their name, maybe I'll move back.[/quote]

Wait, Californians are sane?

[quote name='BigT']You need to know more background: 1F was proposed by that traitor Abel Maldonado as part of a "compromise"... he voted for tax increases and in exchange, he got to put this on the ballot... I will not support any measure that is proposed by that turncoat... he just wants to build up his resume to run for higher office... NO!

I didn't link to the voter's guide because it is full of lies.

For example, the description of 1A fails to mention that it actually maintains our tax increases for an extra 2 years... (the democrats and republicans have finally joined hands in order to pull the wool over our eyes and rob us blind)... we cannot feed the beast any longer... we have to cut off their money supply so that they starve and die! Then we can rebuild the state with more thought.[/quote]

You forgot the main part. Under current California law the budget has to be balanced every year. But as we all know the California senate cooks the books. So why the hell pass a law about raises when we always have a balanced budget :roll:. After all this debt was "passed onto us" because we've had a balanced budget in California for the past few decades.

Right. Now other states are supposed to pay for California because all of its spending & wasteful programs? Let it sink, IMO. Otherwise, how else would you prevent a "me-too" from other states, not to mention opening the door to even more gov't control. If there's one thing I learned from the bailouts, its that there are most definitely strings attached!

California failing = other states having hell to get bonds which in turn means asking to borrow from the Federal gov't meaning more control. California getting federal bailout = all states wanting the same which leads to more gov't control. Either way the federal gov't is the new sheriff. Unless Texas, Montana and all those other lovely states secede.

Pretty much all states want Federal bailouts right now, and it's been going on for months. Instead of trying to cut costs they're looking for ways to bring in more tax revenue, something businesses and people can't really afford at the moment.

[quote name='KingBroly']Instead of trying to cut costs they're looking for ways to bring in more tax revenue, something businesses and people can't really afford at the moment deal with anymore.[/QUOTE]

Fixed. California is the worst state in the union, according to Forbes, for conducting business in. Taxation is the one of the main causes for jobs being shipped overseas. Texas got the idea right by lowering business operations taxes and they seem to be doing alright (i'd compare to a few of the NE states like Nh but that's a small state compared to Ca). If California got off their asses and lowered taxes we wouldn't be in this mess to begin with. Businesses wouldn't be leaving to other states taking their white collar jobs leaving us with a void to be filled with taco trucks and menial labor jobs.

[quote name='BigT']Wow! It almost wasn't fair... the tax increases and accounting scams got defeated 2:1 despite having a 10:1 spending advantage!

Thankfully most of the morons who vote for rockstars like Obama stayed home to Watch American Idol!!!!

http://vote.sos.ca.gov/returns/props/59.htm

http://vote.sos.ca.gov/returns/props/allprops.htm[/QUOTE]

Are all people whom voted for Obama morons? I don't care for American Idol. I am confused as to what I am?

All those morons watching their stupid American Idol...its not like an intelligent meeting of the minds that is pro football, eh?

[quote name='gareman']Are all people whom voted for Obama morons? I don't care for American Idol. I am confused as to what I am?

All those morons watching their stupid American Idol...its not like an intelligent meeting of the minds that is pro football, eh?[/QUOTE]

Don't worry about it, homey. When conservatives stereotype, it's funny and cool because they don't care about being PC.

Just to rehash since BigT, Ramstoria, elprincipe, and bmull will do it for eternity:

Dems are commie pinkos that are all about redistribution of wealth, mass illegal immigration, humongous bloated government programs that benefit non tax-paying ignoramuses that shoot out kids by the dozen.

People that vote for dems also vote for American Idol because we don't pay attention to issues at all. It's all about a big Democratic popularity contest even though the same American electorate voted for a guy that pulled C's at Yale. Only dumbasses vote for the editor of the Harvard Law Review. Did you know that blacks only vote for other blacks? Did you know that women will only vote for other women unless it's a black man. Did you know that the Dems are using science and cloning to make a blind albino half black/half Mexican autistic politician that will sweep to the Presidency in the year 2020? Only, pure capitalism and complete ignorance of ever other country on this planet that doesn't have money will save 'Merica at this point.

When the aliens come from the sky, the only person who can save is is Duke Nu..... I mean AHNOLD. You notice if the man dies his hair and goes back 20 years in time, he's a very good Duke Nukem replica. Now if only we can get him to speak actual English instead of the FAWK YOU stuff from End of Days.

California dead.

http://globaleconomicanalysis.blogspot.com/2009/06/schwarzenegger-declares-day-of.html

Speaking to a relatively unusual joint session of the Legislature and other constitutional officers, Schwarzenegger acknowledged the billions of dollars in spending cuts he has proposed to close a $24.3 billion hole in the budget will be devastating to millions of Californians.

"People come up to me all the time, pleading 'governor, please don't cut my program,'" he said. "They tell me how the cuts will affect them and their loved ones. I see the pain in their eyes and hear the fear in their voice. It's an awful feeling. But we have no choice.

"Our wallet is empty. Our bank is closed. Our credit is dried up."

I hope that quote is fake.

http://www.sacbee.com/content/politics/story/1912268.html

Guess not.

Here in Iowa the state can only spend 99% of the tax revenue it receives and has rainy day funds. Once again Iowa proves itself to be superior to California. ;)

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']good. maybe we can actually see some real changes.[/QUOTE]

http://img199.imageshack.us/my.php?image=carw.jpg

carw.jpg

my.php

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='RAMSTORIA']so youre saying things will improve.[/QUOTE]

Rock bottom is rock bottom.

I'm curious which state will fall first: Michigan or California.

Also, I saw while passing by a TV that some states are pushing 10th Amendment resolutions.

I'm just going to keep working overtime and get into another house before hyperinflation makes me a renter forever.

It will be interesting to see when the Federal government follows suit, since they have made almost all the same exact choices. Granted, they can print money....

[quote name='thrustbucket']It will be interesting to see when the Federal government follows suit, since they have made almost all the same exact choices. Granted, they can print money....[/QUOTE]

so it won't really be that interesting. we'll print more money and inflation will sky rocket. thats kinda of boring if you ask me ;)

[quote name='kaijufan']here in iowa the state can only spend 99% of the tax revenue it receives and has rainy day funds. Once again iowa proves itself to be superior to california. ;)[/quote]
iowa iowa iowa!

bread's done
Back