REMINDER THAT VAT RATE INCREASES TO 20% ON JAn 1st 2011

D4ND4R3

CAGiversary!
REMINDER THAT VAT RATE INCREASES TO 20% ON JAn 1st 2011
as sutch exspect game prices to rise as most retailer will not swallow the increase , so if you after some thing get it before jan 1st .
i dont exspect the jan sale prices to be as good as last few years .

I think stores will just swallow it, when it was reduced they all slashed the price a tiny bit down to £38 or so then two weeks later went back to up £40 for a full price new game. This time they'll lkely just keeps things at £40 and promote that.

I don't see it making any difference on games and if it did even on a full retail title at say £49.99 an extra 2.5% would still only be an extra £1.25

Based on the rate game prices have been falling within just a couple of months from retail and in some cases weeks, I expect deals will be just as good if not better next year as competition grows from Supermarkets and various other online retailers as they cannablize the indies.

Imagine the price of next years COD, lol. They're always the most expensive games! But to be honest, I think retailers will just slash online prices in order to combat the increasing VAT.

More and more online retailers will ship from Jersey a la Amazon under a different name to avoid the increase, if I remember correctly.

But to be fair, there is so much competition in the market that retailers will be afraid to put the prices up because of VAT. If one does, then they look pricey. If they all do, every retailer inspection body will cry 'Price Fix' and do an investigation. Neither option looks particularly good.

bread's done
Back