Reminder: Today is the last day for Club Nintendo Platnium Status

Princess Zelda

CAGiversary!
Reminder: Today is the last day to register your games for Club Nintendo Platnium Status

https://club.nintendo.com/

Platinum reward is a collection of pins
elite-landing-en.jpg

Gold is a Calendar

Last edited by a moderator:
I reached 600 coins on June 28, hope the reward is worthwhile. I got gold last year and got a lame cardboard calendar for it. Do the platinum members also get the gold reward?

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']I reached 600 coins on June 28, hope the reward is worthwhile. I got gold last year and got a lame cardboard calendar for it. Do the platinum members also get the gold reward?[/QUOTE]

Nope, just the Platinum. Gold rewards have thus far always been a calendar, so it's likely to be so again this year. The statue for Platinum last year was pretty nice, though.

Also, I noticed that the Zelda CD offer didn't officially end until June 25th; I assume that means you'll be getting one?

I got an email from them that seemed to be a confirmation for my order of the CD. It looks like I'm getting it! It didn't say what the order was for, but I hadn't ordered anything and the timing makes sense.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']I got an email from them that seemed to be a confirmation for my order of the CD. It looks like I'm getting it! It didn't say what the order was for, but I hadn't ordered anything and the timing makes sense.[/QUOTE]

If you log into your account and click on "Rewards Status Inquiry" or something, it will show you what the order is for. But yeah, that sounds like the same e-mail I got. Right on!

Punched my points yesterday, platinumed and a 1000 points left over for next year, duh.

I should not have stocked up on them last year oll

[quote name='Derfel']If you log into your account and click on "Rewards Status Inquiry" or something, it will show you what the order is for. But yeah, that sounds like the same e-mail I got. Right on![/QUOTE]
Thanks. It says it's for the soundtrack (woo!) and says Order Accepted and then below that it says Backordered. Is that how yours looks too? It also says ship via Purolator, I hope that with the strike over they switch back to Canada Post so it can be left at the door if I'm not home.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Thanks. It says it's for the soundtrack (woo!) and says Order Accepted and then below that it says Backordered. Is that how yours looks too? It also says ship via Purolator, I hope that with the strike over they switch back to Canada Post so it can be left at the door if I'm not home.[/QUOTE]

Yep, that's exactly how mine looks. Everything I received from them before June 2011 was through Canada Post, so I suppose there's some chance they may switch back.

This'll be my first year as "just Gold"... I didn't buy as many Nintendo games as I usually do, I guess.

That's alright, though. The rewards are nice, but they're not ultra-must-haves unless you're a collector.

[quote name='Faytz']Yay, I can finally registered my 3ds for the points after they reset the amount.[/QUOTE]
Same here. I can finally register my 3DS and game I got at launch.

My first year as platinum. I would have been happy with the statue from the previous year, I hope this year's prize is as good. But I bet it will be something Zelda-related and I'm just not into Zelda....

[quote name='1_blue_pixel']My first year as platinum. I would have been happy with the statue from the previous year, I hope this year's prize is as good. But I bet it will be something Zelda-related and I'm just not into Zelda....[/QUOTE]

Shhhhhhhhh... The princess might hear you.

I have this tendency to buy games and not open them until the second I actually play them. I don't want to open my sealed games just for Club Nintendo points, so I'll be passing once again on reaching gold or platinum status. I don't need another calendar since I never used the last one. :p

What a stupid reward. Cause I mean a ZELDA themed one would have made more sense since it IS the 25th anniversary for it this year. But nope! We get more Mario pins. Makes sense.

edit: Then again the platinum reward was always Mario themed.

Wow what a stupid reward. A bunch of STUPID pins! Seriously, last year at least they gave you a nice statue and this year its a bunch of pins?!

Oh, well this is probably my last year of being a Platinum Member since I have no plans to ever get a 3DS or Wii U and seeing as the Wii is going to die soon.

hmm i got the pins and enough codes still for plat next year...hopefully some better stuff but it is all free and much appriciated they even have anything, try getting to top tier with square enix as fast as you can with nintendo not nearly as easy.

[quote name='bloodwings']I think its funny when people complain about free stuff.[/QUOTE] Consider how those 600 coins comes out to hundreds of dollars worth of Nintendo products. Pins can be rather disappointing, especially following last year's Mario statue.

[quote name='Eoyote']Pins? What is this, the 80s? :cold:[/QUOTE] They seem to be popular for... uh, what do you call those people that wear pins all over their jackets or have them covering their bags?

[quote name='Mr.']Consider how those 600 coins comes out to hundreds of dollars worth of Nintendo products. Pins can be rather disappointing, especially following last year's Mario statue.[/QUOTE]

Ya the statue was pretty sweet, goes for like $80 on ebay too.

But we can already purchase free items with the coins, this is just the extra free stuff on top of the other free stuff :cool: Xbox/PS3 gets nothing.

[quote name='bloodwings']I think its funny when people complain about free stuff.[/QUOTE]

Umm...I wouldn't exactly call it free. You got to purchase the games and then you need to do surveys to get the coins. I actually tried very hard this year to get Platinum because I thought the prize would be good like last years. Instead I will end up with a bunch of coins which I don't want. I am not in school and have a backpack to put them on.

I didn't know though that the statue goes for so much on eBay. I never took my statue out of the box since I thought the question mark box looks so cool.

[quote name='Mr.']Consider how those 600 coins comes out to hundreds of dollars worth of Nintendo products. Pins can be rather disappointing, especially following last year's Mario statue.

They seem to be popular for... uh, what do you call those people that wear pins all over their jackets or have them covering their bags?[/QUOTE]

think they are called cast members at disney parks with all the pins on them, really not that hard to collect points especially if you have ever shopped at rp within the last 2 years.

They must have blown their "free quota" on that CD they gave away with the purchase of Zelda 3DS.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Fixed ^[/QUOTE]

Second! I might be the only one out of my friends that have a problem with Mario.

[quote name='Robotron2084']Redeemed. Thanks for the reminder. Disappointed by the pins. Maybe I'll Ebay them if it's worth it. I would have preferred the calender.[/QUOTE]

Even if you're at Platinum status, you can still choose to accept the Gold reward instead.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Fixed ^[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing! He says pins are old, but not Mario NES lol.

[quote name='Faytz']Second! I might be the only one out of my friends that have a problem with Mario.[/QUOTE]

Probably not the best idea to be buying Nintendo systems then :)

[quote name='bloodwings']I was thinking the same thing! He says pins are old, but not Mario NES lol.

Probably not the best idea to be buying Nintendo systems then :)[/QUOTE]

But no other system offer fire emblem! Besides plenty of other good games not mario themed. Professor Layton, Phoenix Wright, Dragon quest, Trauma Center etc.

bread's done
Back