Remote Connect w/ Windows?

XxFuRy2Xx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
A friend of mine is experiencing some technical issues, and they live very far away. They are having virus (pretty sure it's a virus) issues. Would it be a simple process for me to use Windows 7 to connect to their computer that has Windows Vista and try and deal with it myself?

Haven't been using Windows much since switching over to Mac, so I'm a bit rusty, which is why I'm asking for some help.

Thanks.

It can be done, but it might be simpler for you and your friend to use teamviewer as it will do a lot of the work for setting up the connection for you.

Fortunately, I was able to get one of our slightly geeky friends to help out. It was much easier to get him to follow the directions. Was able to get rid of the virus and everything is fine.

Thanks for the tip about teamviewer, which is something that could come in handy in the future.

Personally, I use a combination of Hamachi 2 and TightVNC. Most of the time, I don't even use Hamachi, but since my home router isn't playing nice with port-forwarding, I use Hamachi to circumvent a lot of my router problems.

LogMeIn Free version is another product that friends have used, but I personally never used it. I heard that's easier to use, and combines an almost configureless setup as possible, which is pretty cool. You could pay for the pro version, but why bother when Hamachi 2 + TightVNC gets you the same for a lot cheaper: FREE

bread's done
Back