Remote-glove thingy?

Everyone who loses the wiimote is not using the wrist strap.

Anyone using the wiimote and the wrist strap breaks is throwing the controller around too hard.

End Topix

Yeah, but this remote does make hands sweatier than others for some reason...This one looks a tad different at the bottom, but overall it's the same controller skin thing. I use it, and it works great. No more sweaty hands and feeling of losing grip. The only thing is that the Power button, -, home, +, are a little bit harder to reach, but since no game at the moment makes use of those buttons (where you need to press it quickly like to shoot or something) it's no problem.

With Zelda it's great, since you have time to press the - and + button to switch equipment or save. I give it a 8.5/10 for that specific fact, and also the changing of batteries.

I have them for two of my 3 remotes, and when I get my 4th (soon, hopefully), I'll be getting two more. They're great, a great grip. I don't mind about the center buttons, and I'd actually rather have the Power button protected from my slender, slippery and unruly fingers.

Double-plus good.

Yeah, I picked up the 3-Pack at Target last night. Good investment; changing batteries with it will be rather annoying. Like many are saying, no more sweaty hands.

Also if you pick up the 3-Pack, one of the gloves is Zelda themed, which is cool if you are a Zelda fan.

I wouldn't mess with these. Go get yourself a pair of weightlifting gloves at the sporting goods store. $10-12. It eliminates the sweaty hand issue (there's a lot of you I'm never shaking hands with... :p) and is cheaper and sturdier than a rubber/plastic cover for a $40 remote control. Besides, I like the clean look of the Wii mote and putting in a colored condom just looks weird to me.

Gloves are gloves. After you get done gaming, you can go exercise in 'em.
And by exercise, I mean more gaming.

[quote name='ajservo1']I wouldn't mess with these. Go get yourself a pair of weightlifting gloves at the sporting goods store.[/QUOTE]

As nerdy as the Nintendo-themed controller gloves are, I must say buying a set of exercise gloves to play Wii games, is even more nerdy. My friends aren't forgiving and I would never hear the end of it.

wizard-lucas.jpg

[quote name='ajservo1']Besides, I like the clean look of the Wii mote and putting in a colored condom just looks weird to me.[/QUOTE]

i thought i was the only one to refer to them as condoms

There's a lot of variety out there in controller gloves. You can find a bunch of Mushroom Kingdom ones. I've got a Mario one (red/pink), and I've also seen Peach (pink) and Yoshi (bright green). As was mentioned, there is also the Zelda triforce one available, plus more neutral grey ones with "Wii" on them.

I really prefer using the gloves. Was strange at first, but much better grip and good all around feel.

[quote name='the3rdkey']Everyone who loses the wiimote is not using the wrist strap.

Anyone using the wiimote and the wrist strap breaks is throwing the controller around too hard.

End Topix[/quote]
nope. my brother and i play our systems as if everything is made from fine china. neither of us drinks or uses drugs, so we're sharp and sober while we play. he just had his remote go sailing across the room today after a pitch in Wii Baseball, while wearing the wrist-strap. it broke clean as you please, without a lot of velocity. he pitched, it slipped and there it went.

we're both buying these glove dealies ASAP; it may not keep the strap from breaking, but any kind of added grip is a good thing, as far as i'm concerned.

It only interferes with the +, -, home, and power buttons. All largely non-essential to quick reflexing as has been pointed out in this thread. Also, like Twitch said, I actually like having the power and home buttons even more obscured.

Rest assured that all other buttons remain completely and fully accessible.

I've got the blue one, swear by it. Probably going to pick up one of the 3-packs at Target for completion, everyone who's played it prefers the sleeve by far.

THere are cheap aftermarket ones being sold. Some include the glove for the nunchuk. I'm trying to find just the nunchuk glove instead of the set.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']How do they feel though, I don't know if the rubber would feel good on my hands, though if they have zelda and mario ones I might be in...[/QUOTE]

Oh crikey... I never thought I'd say this to anyone outside of a disused railway station, but here goes... "don't worry, the rubber will feel good on your hands."

Zelda and Mario gloves are readily available... don't pay more the $9.99 each, though. Target seems to think $14.99 is an acceptable price.

i love the feel of these gloves. Picked up a two pack... one black one for me, and a pink one for my girl. My one gripe is that the wrist strap doesnt tighten, but than again, I wont ever be a dumbass and toss my controller through the tv:)

[quote name='BasketCase1080']i love the feel of these gloves. Picked up a two pack... one black one for me, and a pink one for my girl. My one gripe is that the wrist strap doesnt tighten, but than again, I wont ever be a dumbass and toss my controller through the tv:)[/quote]

Dude, I'm jealous of you. I couldn't find a black one. I got my fiance pink and I had to grab orange. Not an ugly color mind you, but not as good as black. I agree that it's dumb that the wrist strap doesn't tighten. I mean, these freakin things were made by Nintendo. Why change the design? I ended up just leaving the original wrist straps on. They're not color coordinated, but at least they're higher quality.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Dude, I'm jealous of you. I couldn't find a black one. I got my fiance pink and I had to grab orange. Not an ugly color mind you, but not as good as black. I agree that it's dumb that the wrist strap doesn't tighten. I mean, these freakin things were made by Nintendo. Why change the design? I ended up just leaving the original wrist straps on. They're not color coordinated, but at least they're higher quality.[/QUOTE]
The gloves were not made by Nintendo. They were made by a different company called BD&A.

[quote name='BasketCase1080']i love the feel of these gloves. Picked up a two pack... one black one for me, and a pink one for my girl. My one gripe is that the wrist strap doesnt tighten, but than again, I wont ever be a dumbass and toss my controller through the tv:)[/QUOTE]
I got the Black/Baby Blue 2 pack from BB for $14.99+ tax after GGC. I like them I just have to get used to the + & - buttons being almost completely covered.

[quote name='ajservo1']I wouldn't mess with these. Go get yourself a pair of weightlifting gloves at the sporting goods store. $10-12. It eliminates the sweaty hand issue (there's a lot of you I'm never shaking hands with... :p) and is cheaper and sturdier than a rubber/plastic cover for a $40 remote control. Besides, I like the clean look of the Wii mote and putting in a colored condom just looks weird to me.

Gloves are gloves. After you get done gaming, you can go exercise in 'em.
And by exercise, I mean more gaming.[/QUOTE]

For anyone who wants a glove,here you go. :lol:
eBay: Nintendo Wii Skid Prooof Glove for Wii Controller
http://cgi.ebay.com/Nintendo-Wii-Sk...QQihZ018QQcategoryZ147176QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

[quote name='vicko']i thought i was the only one to refer to them as condoms[/QUOTE]

LOL no, you're not. I wrote in the g/f thread for the Wii, that my wife as soon as she began putting on the glove on the wiimote she started giggling. I asked her, what was she giggling at? Her answer was: "It's just like putting on a condom!"

Picked up a 3-pack today to get the Zelda one, and for future Wiimote purchases. Not bad!

Came with black/grey and grey/black.

Edit: The wrist strip design bothers me as well, but even if I do drop/throw it I'm sure just wearing the strap is good enough. Zelda one looks good on my Wiimote... although the lack of sleekness is somewhat depressing.

[quote name='D4rkewolfe']LOL no, you're not. I wrote in the g/f thread for the Wii, that my wife as soon as she began putting on the glove on the wiimote she started giggling. I asked her, what was she giggling at? Her answer was: "It's just like putting on a condom!"[/QUOTE]

That's what my wife said. Except she added that she wasn't used to a rubber so small. ZING!

I have the three pack from Target. Other than the battery issue, I think they are great. Like it better than using the Wiimote without.

Picked up the three pack, got the Zelda and Black and Grey. I just left the original wrist straps on , to still have the slider.

I LOVE them! I have 4 for all 4 of my wiimotes. Black, Blue, Red, and Pink. The orange one and the light green one are nice too!!

I got stuck with a pink one since I had EB credit and there was nothing else I wanted for $10.

And yes, they ONLY had pink. But I'm manly enough to sport a pink rubber ;)

I got the Target 3 pack with the green zelda and black/grey grey/black ones as well as the black/grey Toys R Us one with the Twilight princess logo on it

My g/f got the Toys R Us Princess Peach pink one and her brother got the Toys R Us Yoshi green one.

I love these things... but yes changing batteries is rather horrid... I wish there were a way around this.

[quote name='hhhdx4']but doesnt the rubber interfere with the buttons? IGN complained of it[/QUOTE]

Everyone else seems to say they don't, but I can only think they are not playing Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam... My gf has a pink glove, which she likes, but I hate it. There is also interference with the 1 and 2 buttons. They push down fine when pressed individual, that's not my issue. My problem comes from that fact that while playing a game like THDJ where I need quick access to both the 1 and 2 buttons, I just roll/slide my thumb back and forth between them, and the glove prevents me from doing that, as I have to press each button individually.

I haven't read anybody else that's complained about that though, so I don't know if it's just my style of playing or if nobody else has played THDJ. *shrug*

And yes, + / - / Home buttons are hard to press with the glove on, which you don't need to press those quickly, sure, but it still annoys me to have to burrow down into the glove to get to the home menu or skip a cutscene or something.

I was thinking about cutting out sections of the glove to allow the + / Home / - buttons and 1 & 2 buttons room ro breathe, so that I could press them easier, but haven't tinkered with it yet.

Oh, one more thing, the wrist straps that come with the gloves do not have a slide adjuster on them, so you might want keep the original Nintendo wrist strap on your controller for extra protection.

[quote name='f4t4lfury']I was thinking about cutting out sections of the glove to allow the + / Home / - buttons and 1 & 2 buttons room ro breathe, so that I could press them easier, but haven't tinkered with it yet.[/quote]

i could be mistaken, but i'm almost certain i've seen some third-party Wii gloves that address this very issue.

I got one free with a bundle and bought a second thinking that I'd use the free one and if I didn't like it the second one would go back (secretly thinking they wouldn't be any good).

It takes a big man to admit when he's wrong and boy was I. They're outstanding, they give the controller a great rubberized plastic feel. Going back to using the remote without them seems ludicrous.

I bought the zelda three pack gloves at target a few weeks before the launch date I only wanted the zelda glove I don't know what i'm gonna do with the other two I guess i'll stash them away till I get more for mulitplayer.

VThe gloves are pretty nice I hate having to fold it to put new batteries in also the + home and - should have been a bit bigger atleast there's no games out right now that requires you to use it fast I don't think still it's pretty nice thing if you want to know who's wiimote is who's.

[quote name='allyourblood']i could be mistaken, but i'm almost certain i've seen some third-party Wii gloves that address this very issue.[/QUOTE]

I will keep an eye out for those!

[quote name='f4t4lfury']I will keep an eye out for those![/QUOTE]
Go on eBay. They have those cheap knock-offs that have the buttons for the HOME, 1 and 2 buttons cut out completely.

My only complaints are ones already mentioned. Exept for one thing-they smell terrible for 1 day? Week? Anyway, they smell awful out of the box, or at least mine did.

yeah, i've been using the official ones since Christmas, and they're so-so. they're much better for games where you hold the remote vertically than horizontally. in Excite Truck and THDJ, the buttons are a little difficult to access. i can't decide if i'm going to keep them.

[quote name='Doomed']My only complaints are ones already mentioned. Exept for one thing-they smell terrible for 1 day? Week? Anyway, they smell awful out of the box, or at least mine did.[/QUOTE]
Mine didnt smell.

I've had 7 different people, ranging in age from 5 to 65 use my Wii remote. Not one lost control of it. If used properly, you shouldn't need a remote-glove thingy.;)

bread's done
Back