[quote name='Grifter24350']G4 quicksilver 2002
933 Mhz Processor
1gig of Ram
60 & 80 Gig Hard Drives
DVD Super Drive
Gforce 4 Video Card
Keyboard and Pro Mouse
Needs Software Has OS 10.3 loaded but don't have restore disks

Will trade for Game Cube and Playstation2 or Windows Laptop.
Will Sell for $1500.00 OBO

Contact Jason ([email protected])[/quote]

Am I reading this right that if I give you a Gamecube and PS2, you'll hand over a Mac G4, as you say "Willl trade for Game Cube and PS2 or Windows Laptop"?

What's posts got to do with selling or trading a computer? If someone wants it then I'll trade or sell it it doesn't matter one way or the other. If not then it will continue to remain boxed up. No biggie

[quote name='Grifter24350'][quote name='Supernothing']but will sell for 1500?[/quote]
OR BEST OFFER[/quote]

Anyone else find the choice of name a little odd, when asking for $1500 OBO?

Grifter? :shock:

Noun 1. grifter - a person who swindles you by means of deception or fraud
scammer, sharper, chiseler, chiseller, swindler, gouger, sharpie, sharpy
card shark, card sharp, card sharper, cardsharp, cardsharper - a professional card player who makes a living by cheating at card games
clip artist - a swindler who fleeces the victim
con artist, con man, confidence man - a swindler who exploits the confidence of his victim
beguiler, cheater, deceiver, trickster, slicker, cheat - someone who leads you to believe something that is not true
welcher, welsher - someone who swindles you by not repaying a debt or wager

[quote name='shrike4242']This one sounds way too good to be true.

And if it was for a GC + PS2, wouldn't $300 OBO be more appropriate?[/quote]

Only if you were to run out and buy them right now. Anyone who is interested and lives with in an hour of Max Meadows VA or Roanoke VA, I'll drive and meet them so they can see the G4.

I'll be taking pictures of the G4 tonight when I get home anyone who would like to see it I can email you the pics. Just PM me or email me your email address.

I can vouch for jmontgomery. He's a good friend of mine and the newtork admin. at my job. He's just an honest guy looking to trade or sell this. Sometimes I just don't understand all the flaming and trolling that goes on here. If you're not interested then why post anything at all? And just because someone has 2 posts or 5000 posts there's no need to shit on their thread just for "post count +1". Good luck jmontgomery. See ya at work tom.

I still dont get how you would request 1.5k obo or a ps2 and gamecude, the difference between the prices is like the difference between buying a house and a trailer home, it just doesnt make sense

I assumed that whoever had both systems would include any games and stuff like that they had, since they were getting rid of the consoles. I didn't consider someone would run out and buy the systems just to trade. That's the reason for the price.

[quote name='jmontgomery']I assumed that whoever had both systems would include any games and stuff like that they had, since they were getting rid of the consoles. I didn't consider someone would run out and buy the systems just to trade. That's the reason for the price.[/quote]

Just a pointer, if you want more than just the systems, then detail what you want. Noone's going to just through in controllers, memory cards, games, etc. just to be nice.

G4 quicksilver 2002
933 Mhz Processor
1gig of Ram
60 & 80 Gig Hard Drives
DVD Super Drive
Gforce 4 Video Card
Keyboard and Pro Mouse

Will trade for Game Cube and Playstation2 with 2 controllers per system, Broadband adapters for both, all necessary cables and at least 6 games for each system or Windows Laptop.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Cornfedwb'][quote name='jmontgomery']I assumed that whoever had both systems would include any games and stuff like that they had, since they were getting rid of the consoles. I didn't consider someone would run out and buy the systems just to trade. That's the reason for the price.[/quote]

Just a pointer, if you want more than just the systems, then detail what you want. Noone's going to just through in controllers, memory cards, games, etc. just to be nice.[/quote]
I agree, assumption is killer man, I mean I could scrounge up enough DVDs and games, take them to gamerush and get both systems for no money out of pocket, and then trade them to you, we need specifics man

[quote name='jmontgomery']G4 quicksilver 2002
933 Mhz Processor
1gig of Ram
60 & 80 Gig Hard Drives
DVD Super Drive
Gforce 4 Video Card
Keyboard and Pro Mouse

Will trade for Game Cube and Playstation2 with 2 controllers per system, Broadband adapters for both, all necessary cables and at least 6 games for each system or Windows Laptop.

Still a big price difference, but a little better, you should lower your asking price, since you get the items on that computer brand new for cheaper, I built my computer for 700 and its just as good if not better than yours

[quote name='yeahokthenfu'][quote name='jmontgomery']G4 quicksilver 2002
933 Mhz Processor
1gig of Ram
60 & 80 Gig Hard Drives
DVD Super Drive
Gforce 4 Video Card
Keyboard and Pro Mouse

Still a big price difference, but a little better, you should lower your asking price, since you get the items on that computer brand new for cheaper, I built my computer for 700 and its just as good if not better than yours[/quote]
Really don't want the money because if I get the money I'll have to be responsible and share with my wife. If I get the hardware then I don't have to Share :twisted:

[quote name='punqsux']ok...i dont know anything about macs, but isnt 1500 kinda high? i mean a roughly equal pc would run about $200[/quote]

Obviously you don't know anythng about macs. Best example I've presonnally seen is a Titanium 500Mhz notebook against a 1.0Ghz Intel Pentium3 compiling source linux source code. The titanium was about 10 to 15 mins faster. Both were compiling redhat.

what do you mean by Windows laptop? I have a Windows laptop I would love to trade for your Mac. I'll have to find the specifics if you're interested. It runs Windows 98 with no problems.

The Laptop specs I'm looking for are:

1Ghz or better, DVD/CDRW, 30 Gig HD, 512Meg Ram, and ATI or Nvidia 3D Video(32meg or beter)

bread's done
Back