Removing GameStop's "Used" Labels

]So, someone bought a used copy of PSU from Blockbuster, and then proceeded to trade it in at a GameStop, who then send it to me through GameStop.com? Weird...[/U]

I tried the blow-drier again, and removed most of the sticker after TEN MINUTES. The residue left behind is not sticky at all and is hard. I still need to use a solvent to remove this! But with little left, maybe I can just use isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol). Any tips, like how long it can be on it before it start to destroy it?

EDIT: Oh, and freezing didn't help at all. Like I said, really stupid adhesive!!!!

Percisely

[quote name='Fallen_Reality']Which kind? Also, I heard it quickly eats the ink away, and leaves a greasy residue. And information regarding this?[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't recommend Goo Gone. I used to use it, but the smell and residue it leaves becomes annoying. Usually I scrape off as much as I can with my fingernail and then apply rubbing alcohol with a q-tip to whatever is left.

However, I don't think that would world judging by what you've said. If you want to try it, the regular brand of Goo Gone (click here) should be fine. I'd suggest putting some on a q-tip and rubbing it on the sticker. I've not used it on the cover insert, so I don't know what it might do to the paper. I would say just use a little, let it sit, and then try peeling it off. If that doesn't work, then add a little more and keep repeating. I doubt the cover will look good when it comes off, so I would suggest printing out a replacement cover on http://www.thecoverproject.net/. If they don't have the game cover, another site might.

[quote name='icedrake523']I wouldn't recommend Goo Gone. I used to use it, but the smell and residue it leaves becomes annoying. Usually I scrape off as much as I can with my fingernail and then apply rubbing alcohol with a q-tip to whatever is left.

However, I don't think that would world judging by what you've said. If you want to try it, the regular brand of Goo Gone (click here) should be fine. I'd suggest putting some on a q-tip and rubbing it on the sticker. I've not used it on the cover insert, so I don't know what it might do to the paper. I would say just use a little, let it sit, and then try peeling it off. If that doesn't work, then add a little more and keep repeating. I doubt the cover will look good when it comes off, so I would suggest printing out a replacement cover on http://www.thecoverproject.net/. If they don't have the game cover, another site might.[/QUOTE]

I thought about just printing a new cover, but my printer is very old and would be very low quality.

You could probably print one at Kinko's. If you do, use Matte Photopaper. Copy paper is too thin and Glossy photopaper will be to firm to put in the case.

[quote name='icedrake523']You could probably print one at Kinko's. If you do, use Matte Photopaper. Copy paper is too thin and Glossy photopaper will be to firm to put in the case.[/QUOTE]

There are no printing places in my town, which is why I'm trying to be very careful about this. It would be a quite a trek to get a new cover!

Try Goof Off instead of Goo Gone (NOT you, paper-sticker guy). It leaves no smell or slime, and it removes ink instantly so be careful with it, but it usually makes the sticker come clean off.

[quote name='strikeratt']I personally perfer to use a vodka based alcohol such as 151.[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry to be the forum alcoholic and necro-quoter but I'd be remiss if I didn't point out 151 is rum.

Sorry goo gone is 1 dollar and its best vs. Plastic cases and disc labels. It will completely ruin paper products and a wet rag or towel will remove the product from these after use. I've used them on those hard encrusted disc shields and stickers from gamestop, not only does it remove all,ALL residue it makes it squeaky clean.

Didn't read the whole thread but the ancient yellow stickers are impossible to peel. I'm talking about when GS priced MG3 at 12.99 twiddy years ago and kept it that way til now. You may be able to peel most of the label(not likely) and if you do, look forward to a scrubbing session with industrial solveant, asbestos gloves and the occational 'fucking fuck-fuck chant'.

Nowadays, all you have to do is accept the fate, knowing whatever overpriced game you buy will have to have it's case replaced. Simple.

bread's done
Back