Ren and Stimpy Season 1/2 DVD

kaji7p56

CAGiversary!
Feedback
41 (100%)
Is anybody here going to get this on 10/12? I'm going to get it signed by John K. himself (The series' creator). He will be at the Virgin Megastore here in L.A. Is anybody else going, or does no one like R&S anymore?

shit...its ren and stimpy.....im obligated to buy this...that was one of the best shows ever....i didnt want to spend money on stuff for a little bit....but it looks like i have to

doesn't Best Buy have it on sale for $27 something this week? I might use that 20% off any DVD coupon I have left over to bring it down a little more.

I don't see why they would have taken the bloody head scene out, but the rest of those cuts don't seem like a big deal at all.

Such a great show, of course the greatest episodes were Cousin Sven and Jimminy Lummox!

OH! When you wish upon a side of beef
soon will come an end to all your grief
but if you've been bad or kind of mean
I will knock out all your teeth!

No use cryin over Slim Whitman.

I seriously don't get why everyone has such a huge problem with the Friday box. Alright, sure, it doesn't have unrated movies, but all the unrated footage is on the last disc. And some of it would've been hell to clean up, and would have looked idiotic in the movies due to picture qualities jumping around, especially in Part 7, as I hear. And yeah, it sucks having 2 movies on each disc, and it's not Paramount's pride and joy of a series, but the disc is nicely rounded. It has a Savini documentary, which if you've seen any of the movies he's worked on, you have to appreciate. It has an hour-long documentary with tons of original cast and crew. It's a shame they didn't clean up more than Part 1, but take what's given to you, cause this is as good as it's gonna get for a long time.

Who's The Twitch Now?]I seriously don't get why everyone has such a huge problem with the Friday box. Alright said:
Well, a few reasons are exactly what you stated.
1. People want UNCUT versions (and I realize that a lot would be tough to edit/add in)
2. I believe they took out some "gore" from the original release of Part 1
3. Two movies on a disc....I think each movie should get it's own disc (ala Nightmare Elm Street)
4. Part 3 was not released in 3D (even Elm Street box set took a stab at this)

enough for now.....

[quote name='sadunclesnugglez']doesn't Best Buy have it on sale for $27 something this week? I might use that 20% off any DVD coupon I have left over to bring it down a little more.[/quote]

Do you mean the 20% off EXPIRED coupon from the Madden 2005 Book???....I considered this as well but it was such a major pain in the ass the last time I used it....What does that bring it down to...around $23....meh....

Even though this is the "UNCUT SEASON 1 & 2" box, there are episodes that are missing here that were on the Time Life DVDs released a while back. And supposedly everything that was cut for TV and hasn't been put on this DVD (aside from the missing episodes, that is) was lost forever.

[quote name='doubledown']
Who's The Twitch Now?]I seriously don't get why everyone has such a huge problem with the Friday box. Alright said:
Well, a few reasons are exactly what you stated.
1. People want UNCUT versions (and I realize that a lot would be tough to edit/add in)
2. I believe they took out some "gore" from the original release of Part 1
3. Two movies on a disc....I think each movie should get it's own disc (ala Nightmare Elm Street)
4. Part 3 was not released in 3D (even Elm Street box set took a stab at this)

enough for now.....

1. It's just a matter of whether they could do it or not. They said early on that they were probably gonna be uncut, but there was no evidence to support it. So, it's not gonna be as good as we hoped, but you're getting all the cut stuff anyway, so it doesn't really matter to me.

2. The Part 1 DVD added some gore and took some out. All I know is that it made no sense the way they did it, but, they cleaned up Part 1 for the box, so, whatever.

3. I wholeheartedly agree with you, it's just not right to have 2 films on a disc, and I would have liked more features.

4. Now, I have to speak for myself now: I hate Part 3. It is the worst in the series for me. It has no redeeming features other than the last death, which is purely for laughs. It's directed horribly, the guy who played Jason should be shot, and it's a complete ripoff of both the first and second movies. I seriously do not care if I never see Part 3 again, so it doesn't matter to me whether it's in 3-D or not. That being said, for those who do like the movie *shudder*, they could have easily re-3-Ded it.

Did any other Los Angeles CAGs go to the DVD signing tonight? It was supposed to start at 7:00 p.m., so I got there at 6:30. I didn't think anybody would be there, but there were about 15 people already there.

I was expecting it to go like this: You go up to John K. (the creator/writer/director) and he signs your DVD. That was all I wanted. Is that what happened? NO! It was 10x BETTER!

First, while we were in line, we were given Ren and Stimpy post cards, buttons, and best of all: A bag of fake hair that said "R&S Shaving Scum"

All these things were free and I assume will be collectors items (unless they start to sell the shaving scum. It said 2004 MTV NETWORKS on it.)

The line was moving VERY slow, It took me 1 hour and a half to get to John K. WHen I got there, I realized what was taking so long. It wasn't just John K., but 2 other guys from SPUMCO. It was an animator and the storyboard guy. They were all signing stuff AND were drawing caracitures (spelling?) of everyone who was there. John K. was even taking request and drawing whatever you wanted (in addition to signing the DVDs). He drew a unique picture of Ren, Stimpy, or any other character for EVERY SINGLE PERSON.

It's refreshing to see someone like him who has "made it" still care about the fans. This was all extra. The article only said he would be signing stuff. You didn't even have to buy the DVD. You could have taking any of the old comics or tapes. He was actually talking to the fans and did not have an attitude or anything.

It wasn't a life-changing experience or anything, but it's good to see that some people don't let success get to their head.

-Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that there were at least another 100 behind me. So, I guess they are still there. They don't seem like the type of guys to say : "oh well, it's getting late. gotta go!". The signing was supposed to end at 9:00 but they werent even 1/5 the way through at 8:50.

Yah, I own all the Friday The 13th's seperately. Which imo is alot better than owning the set.

And even though Jason Goes To Hell and Jason X sucked horribly compared to the other 8, they should have included them in the set.

And not only do the dvds come ona double sided disc, but they come in those really small dvd cases...so no cover art. Which also sucks.

It seems they wanted to cram everything into as small of a case as possible..

The original cases with cover art were alot better.

Its a waste of $50 imo.

Just buy the originals. Your only gonna spend like $20 to $30 more.

It's directed horribly, the guy who played Jason should be shot, and it's a complete ripoff of both the first and second movies. I seriously do not care if I never see Part 3 again

How can a sequel to a movie be a ripoff of its predecessor?

Its a series, it can be a ripoff of the first 2. They are suppose to go together you know.

Damn it guys this is a thread for Ren and Stimpy, no body cares about Jason, Friday or anything of the sort, if you do, then start your own post on it! Stop going of topic

From what I've heard, these aren't the original episodes that aired on Nickelodeon, but instead the ones that were put on Spike TV. These were cut down from the original versions because Spike TV wanted to put in extra commercial time. Don't know if anything was edited for content, though it is a bit of misleading advertising these as "UNCUT" when they obviously cut considerably from the original airing of them.

Guess I'll see how they turned out when the guy down the hall from me gets his copy and we watch them.

Sorry. :)

But I'm just stating my opinion.

Anyways I went and picked up Ren And Stimpy yesterday. Got the last copy they had. :D

But I have alot of stuff to watch. Don't know which to watch first. lol

I just need to answer his question, and then I'll get back on topic:

Part 3 (and 2, really, though not as much), is a ripoff because it tries to be exactly the same movie, with the exact same story, and exact same ending as the first 2, but is done horribly. It was just awful, and was a direct copy of the first. Now that that's out of the way (I hope)...

... Well, damn, I haven't got a thing to say about Ren & Stimpy right now. That's never happened to me before....

Just got the Ren and Stimpy dvd at Best Buy although they ran out of Season 3 preview dvds. Still worth the $30.30 i paid for it. The uncut thing really isn't a big deal since it mostly applies to five episodes.

FYI just got done seeing the first disc of three...damn this is great! It is the original episodes that were on Nick not the spike and for the first time in about 100 dvds that i have owned or rented(workin at BB and subscribe to netflix) this has got to be the best bonus features yet.
Might be a little biased but truthfully i enjoyed what i have seen so far.
32 episodes on 3 disc and i got the 4th bonus disc as well...will update later

bread's done
Back