Renew your Gamer's Club Unlocked Membership and get 250 RZ Points ($5)

BudzMcGee

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I haven't seen anyone else post this so I thought I'd just mention it since many of us signed up the first day we could last year and our subscription is almost up.

Got an email about a week ago stating that if we renew our Gamer's Club Unlocked membership "before it expires" that we will receive 250 Reward Zone points ($5) for doing so. Effectively making the yearly membership only $10 (an even sweeter deal for those of us paying for the membership with trade in credit). There didn't appear to be a special link or anything like that, and the easiest way to renew would probably be when you are already buying something else (if your membership is almost expired it will prompt the cashier to ask if you would like to renew when you use your RZ card while checking out). Remember to grab a copy of this month's issue when you do!

A nice bonus for singing up for an already great program.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']I'm going to let mine expire on the 16th and see if they renew it for free. I have a feeling they will offer something rather than lose long time, valued customers.[/QUOTE]

I am doing the same thing; I figure they will send some kind of incentive otherwise I will just renew it.

I noticed that my points are not even in my RZ account for the renew of my Gamer Club account....although, I did pay with a Gift Card, but it should still be there, correct? IT updated to 2013.

I suppose I will REPORT THE MISSING POINTS.

[quote name='doubledown']I noticed that my points are not even in my RZ account for the renew of my Gamer Club account....although, I did pay with a Gift Card, but it should still be there, correct? IT updated to 2013.

I suppose I will REPORT THE MISSING POINTS.[/QUOTE]

did you get an email with the promo?

[quote name='confoosious']did you get an email with the promo?[/QUOTE]

Nope....I just noticed that even the regular purchase was not in my RZ account. I'm not too worried about the $5 promo....I did get an e-mail saying to renew my journey or something.

I found it odd that it did not have my transaction like all my other transactions in the purchase history.

[quote name='doubledown']Nope....I just noticed that even the regular purchase was not in my RZ account. I'm not too worried about the $5 promo....I did get an e-mail saying to renew my journey or something.

I found it odd that it did not have my transaction like all my other transactions in the purchase history.[/QUOTE]

oh yeah, it should be in your purchase history. took a couple days for mine though.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Hey confoosious...what did IATCG do to get a ban?[/QUOTE]

Not sure. It might have been his obnoxious custom user title and fighting with everyone about it. But there was also a thread in the site help forum he started or responded to that I went to click on and it was gone. I'm not sure if it was that thread since I didn't see what it said. (I forgot the subject.)

[quote name='confoosious']Not sure. It might have been his obnoxious custom user title and fighting with everyone about it. But there was also a thread in the site help forum he started or responded to that I went to click on and it was gone. I'm not sure if it was that thread since I didn't see what it said. (I forgot the subject.)[/QUOTE]

Thanks..I was surprised to see it...must have said one of those magic words then. :)

So anyway, I caved and renewed my RZ club early because the gaming clerk was really nice. But I was just wondering if anyone who waited till the last minute or beyond ended up getting the promo $5 email?

Or was it just one of those things were a segment of the members got it and it didn't matter how close you were to renewal?

[quote name='confoosious']So anyway, I caved and renewed my RZ club early because the gaming clerk was really nice. But I was just wondering if anyone who waited till the last minute or beyond ended up getting the promo $5 email?

Or was it just one of those things were a segment of the members got it and it didn't matter how close you were to renewal?[/QUOTE]

I'm still playing the waiting game myself. My sub is good through the beginning of October. I'll report back when I hear something or end up renewing.

[quote name='confoosious']So anyway, I caved and renewed my RZ club early because the gaming clerk was really nice. But I was just wondering if anyone who waited till the last minute or beyond ended up getting the promo $5 email?

Or was it just one of those things were a segment of the members got it and it didn't matter how close you were to renewal?[/QUOTE]

I had a really helpful girl on the phone when I called, and based exclusively on how she reacted to my mentioning it (I also said that I did a quick internet search and no one else seemed to be mentioning that email) she was very quick to say that it wasn't sent to everyone. So who knows.

I called in, they credited my account the 250 points and an extra 250 because of the hassle. The lady said it could be two weeks before they get my account fixed with my unlocked. I asked about borderlands 2 and doing the promo since I should be unlocked. She said to do the purchase as plan and call back in and they would apply it. So hopefully it should be cleared up.

I called BB late last week before I renewed my Unlocked membership and asked about the bonus points. The gentleman told me that I should be able to receive the bonus after I renewed. I printed out the GCU ticket from the touch-screen in the gaming department, paid the $14.99 +tax on Saturday 9/8 and the Unlocked status updated to the new 2013 expiration date within a couple hours. I saw the transaction show up in my RZ history on 9/10 for 28 points but the bonus was nowhere to be found. So I called CS again today and after being transferred to @GAMER CS, hanging up and calling back, a very helpful lady was able to add the 250 points to my account as a Coupon/Promotion issue. Those points have already posted to my account.

TTBOMK, I never got that email. I could've received it and deleted it without being fully aware of what it was, it could've been filtered into the spam folderand deleted or I could never have been a recipient.

Anyone here that was able to fix their renewal after an instore rep messed up by not scanning the pamphlet? I've been going through the hassle of of calling BBY and @Gamer and getting tossed around between both companies for the past week or so. At least 15 calls total and nothing seems solved. They said to wait a few days and then I get an email talking about the magazine instead of my Unlocked renewal! ARGGH, sad thing is this happened last year too but I got lucky with a rep.

All this trouble...

I got an email this morning about renewing, but didn't mention anything specific. Actually, it said I should renew by 9/19 (I expire 9/18) to "take advantage of exclusive offers" blah blah as though I won't get them after that date. Whatever, I guess I'll swing by the store this weekend.

So I renewed my subscription yesterday but I didn't get the points even though I got the email saying I would get it if I renew it. Guess I have to call customer service for it.

[quote name='confoosious']did you get an email with the promo?[/QUOTE]

When you use a gift card to purchase anything, no points are awarded for the amount of the transaction equal to the gift card used.

[quote name='Kanokare']Anyone here that was able to fix their renewal after an instore rep messed up by not scanning the pamphlet? I've been going through the hassle of of calling BBY and @Gamer and getting tossed around between both companies for the past week or so. At least 15 calls total and nothing seems solved. They said to wait a few days and then I get an email talking about the magazine instead of my Unlocked renewal! ARGGH, sad thing is this happened last year too but I got lucky with a rep.

All this trouble...[/QUOTE]

The purchase of an Unlocked membership is through Best Buy, not the @Gamer folks. If you don't have the Unlocked sku on a transaction receipt from Best Buy (only can do in store) then you didn't successfully renew. You should have been charged $14.99 for that, so if there is no record of that on the receipt then unfortunately you'll need to go back in and execute a purchase transaction of that Unlocked sku.

I don't think this is something the customer service folks can handle by phone but maybe they can. Believe the easiest way would be to go in store again. Use the touchscreen in department to print the Unlocked sku and bring to the register and make sure they get your RZ number.

Sorry, this sounds like more trouble than it should have been.

[quote name='dc delta90']The purchase of an Unlocked membership is through Best Buy, not the @Gamer folks. If you don't have the Unlocked sku on a transaction receipt from Best Buy (only can do in store) then you didn't successfully renew. You should have been charged $14.99 for that, so if there is no record of that on the receipt then unfortunately you'll need to go back in and execute a purchase transaction of that Unlocked sku.

I don't think this is something the customer service folks can handle by phone but maybe they can. Believe the easiest way would be to go in store again. Use the touchscreen in department to print the Unlocked sku and bring to the register and make sure they get your RZ number.

Sorry, this sounds like more trouble than it should have been.[/QUOTE]

Yeah they kept giving me the number to @Gamer when I told them to stop referring their number to me lol. It happened last year as well, but a phone rep actually helped me out back then and got it going for me; this time, nope!

Anyways, went into the store just now and returned and rebought, and also got them to scan the pamphlet to be safe. Come straight home and the second I checked my account it shows it was renewed. So, if anyone has this problem as well, go back into the store and do a return/rebuy!

[quote name='radioactivez0r']I got an email this morning about renewing, but didn't mention anything specific. Actually, it said I should renew by 9/19 (I expire 9/18) to "take advantage of exclusive offers" blah blah as though I won't get them after that date. Whatever, I guess I'll swing by the store this weekend.[/QUOTE]

I got the exact same email and apparently we signed up on the same day last year.

According to this post on the Best Buy Unboxed forums the e-mail was sent out in error and the $5.00 bonus reward certificate offer is not available with renewal. So a customer service call will more than likely be required to receive the points.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm having a lot of problems with this also, I posted awhile ago that i renewed on 8/14/12 and when i saw this thread i noticed my RZ site was never updated, I called 250 points were added and i was told the site would update to 2013, still hasn't happened called for the 3rd time yesterday, the day before it expired, and the rep told me their system shows until 9/13/2013 but when i logged onto the RZ site today it says nothing about me being enrolled in Gamer Club Unlocked so i'm starting to get POed at this point since it's gonna interfere with Borderlands 2.

PowerUpPro is better. BestBuy sucks and are just imitating Gamestop. At least Gamestop gives you a subscription to a REAL magazine.

[quote name='ElektroDragon']PowerUpPro is better. BestBuy sucks and are just imitating Gamestop. At least Gamestop gives you a subscription to a REAL magazine.[/QUOTE]

Hahah aha hahahahahahaha.

Oh shit, that's a good one

[quote name='ElektroDragon']PowerUpPro is better. BestBuy sucks and are just imitating Gamestop. At least Gamestop gives you a subscription to a REAL magazine.[/QUOTE]

Wow, that's comedy. Too bad Gamestop doesn't give me free $5 certificates pretty much every time I buy something like Best Buy does.

OK, I'll bite.

I actually do like Game Informer magazine myself but you cannot dismiss the crazy deals BB has given us lately with their coupons, trade up bonuses and the like.

If you are missing out on that because you like Game Informer over Gamer, I don't know what else to tell you. :booty:

The magazine might be better but the membership sure as hell isn't.

PowerUpPro doesn't give you deals though. My GCU subscription has already paid for itself many times over.

[quote name='HydroX']Wow, that's comedy. Too bad Gamestop doesn't give me free $5 certificates pretty much every time I buy something like Best Buy does.[/QUOTE]
This. Gamestop has crappy ass coupons offered through their PUR website... But you gotta earn them and generally those coupons suck ass. Brb 10000 points for a B2G1 free on used games:roll:

[quote name='GoVols']I just renewed!!! Woot! Woot![/QUOTE]

So did you get your question answered? How do you correctly renew?

[quote name='mark_IV']According to this post on the Best Buy Unboxed forums the e-mail was sent out in error and the $5.00 bonus reward certificate offer is not available with renewal. So a customer service call will more than likely be required to receive the points.[/QUOTE]

Odd...I got the 250 points automatically. but it did take about 3 weeks to show up on my account.

I just renewed today but the cashier didn't mention anything about 250 RZ points. Oh well, I'll check my account in ~ 30 days.

[quote name='The_cheapest_Daddy']I renew it on 9/11. Still no $5RZC.[/QUOTE]

I just assumed I would never get this since I never got the email offer for it.

But I was just checking my RZ account and it seems I got the 250 point renewal bonus credited on Sept. 25th after renewing around the same time you did. So keep looking!

I was on the fence about renewing GCU since I barely ever go to Best Buy any more. But I renewed it to get a second magazine (for another $10 copy of BF3). So that saved me $5 on a magazine and the extra $5 in RZ certs pays off another third. So now I'm really only into it for $5 - I ought to be able to recoup that over the next year and if not, the magazine is worth that much as a quick distraction.

You actually READ your issues of GI?;) I used to use them as a replacement when I'd run outta toilet paper(not really). Some of the articles in that 'magazine' just seem like fluff pieces meant to shill for pre-orders from people who actually read it. Now on the other hand, if you were talking about the OLD GI, from when it was part of the discount program at Funcoland, then yes I used to read those at least a couple of times each.

Then again, if I thumb through my issues of @Gamer more than once and just skim the articles it's a miracle too.

Usually most of the time this is what happens.

Step 1: Receive the mag.
Step 2: Flip through the mag, skim some of the articles.
Step 3: Rip out the coupons and toss the mag aside.
Step 4: Either give the mag to a friend or toss it in the recycling bin without looking through it a second time.

Just got 250 points for the renew, which I really wasn't expecting because a customer service person game me 250 a while back when I called to just try and get some details. So can't complain about that...

Also, my 100 points for signing up for the deal of the day emails was added too.

bread's done
Back