replaced PSP 1001 faceplate, more to come

kurrptsenate

CAGiversary!
Feedback
64 (100%)
I recently decided that a new faceplate for 5.20 from China would make my PSP not only look great, but totally give me a brand new screen.

Picture003.jpg

Picture004.jpg

Picture005.jpg

These are pictures taken after I replaced the old black faceplate with the new red one. They come in a vast amount of colors, but thought the red would actually look good on the black. This one was easy as it only requires you to remove 7 screws total. I had to actually take off the red face plate 2 extra times as the first time I forgot to take off the plastic film on the inside portion of the screen. When I tried to turn on the PSP it showed a bunch of weird lines and rainbow-like distortion so I knew I must have done something wrong. The second time I took off the red face plate was to remove 2 dust particles that were driving me nuts.

My next project is to fully replace (front and back) a psp case with a pink one with white buttons for my wife. I also ordered a patapon 2 face plate with ALL the buttons for my slim. I'll post pictures of those when they finally arrive from China.

All and all, anyone with a scratched PSP should definitely think about doing at least this front face plate. Total of 5 minutes and your psp looks brand spanking new :bouncy:

Where did you buy the faceplate?Compared to the original faceplate,how well does the chinese faceplate fit the PSP(snug,loose)?

it fits perfect

i got it off ebay for about 5.20 as stated. very very nice. you should be able to tell by the pictures that it looks completely legit, complete with all original markings

its one of the replacements you can get which makes it resemble a regular controller. I like it on the fat, but use the original on my slim. Its like a dollar and some change to get. Pretty nice, but I wouldnt say its required by any means.

I should be completely retrofitting another fat next week front + back with all white buttons for my wife (pink)

week after that, fluorescent green patapon 2 front + back with all matching buttons and analog for my slim.

very happy with the purchase and can't wait to do some complete PSPs. Should look absolutely amazing when its all said and done.

The gold faceplate looks the best. That and the all white PSP. I'm debating whether or not to replace the housing on my slim. I cracked the left trigger (doesn't affect gaming) and it is annoying.

I replaced my faceplate on my 1001. Every time though I would notice I did something wrong. Got the buttons slightly off, or had a bit of dust, or the nub wouldn't work right. After about a dozen times, wore out the screw threads. Ended up duct taping it on, then buying another PSP (which broke when it froze, and I bought yet another).

you definitely want to be mindful of dust in the room you're working in. I never over tighten screws as to not strip the threads.

The full replacement I bought for my slim has all the buttons, analog, as well as the L/R triggers

thinking of picking up a new faceplate as my wife messed my screen up (not the actual screen, just the case screen) with a bad scuff mark. How easy is this to do?

I've been looking to do the same with my fatty, but I've had trouble finding a camo faceplate. The only other one I would bother getting would be orange, but the closest I've found was bronze.

I also bought a full replacement kit for the wife's 2000, Lavender Purple like the Japanese "Blume" series. I need to get on changing it...

theres only 2 things that are difficult with the Slim
1. UMD Door swap
2. Keeping spring intact and working properly

The second is pretty useless since the UMD spring does very little to begin with

bread's done
Back