Replacement HD-DVD Cases. Deals/Cheap

NJMane

CAGiversary!
Feedback
118 (100%)
I took advantage of the Hollywood Video deal for HD-DVD's but they do not give you the actual HD DVD cases. Does anyone have a place to these at a reasonable price. I found a few places but after you add in shipping its is rather expensive.

(Site I found that is the best is DVDInternational.com but shipping is 1/3 of the entire price. They have a promo code option but I cant find any. So if someone has a free shipping code that would be fantastic)

I need 8 so far but I am checking frequently cause I noticed on the counter they had 4 copies of American Gangster but they were not selling them yet so I may need 2 more.

I've been buying them from Hollywood Video too and I just bought 10 cases off ebay today for $12.50 including shipping. That was a good deal IMO because I can't stand looking at the hd dvd's in dvd cases.

[quote name='blk00civicsi']Sleevetown.com or eBay. Picked up 10 for 13 after shipping. Username mediaxchange1 also sells 5 if you dont want 10.[/quote]

Awesome. Thanks. I just got them from mediaxchange1. I found another person ebay that was selling them too for the same price but without the logo and I really wanted the logo. Thanks Man.

Saw this thread and wanted everyone to know that I will most likely have some extra HD DVD cases. Unfortunately, I am going on vacation and won't be back until March 8th or 9th. Don't hesitate to PM me, though. I'm willing to sell 10 of them for $11 shipped. Also PM if you're looking for more qty or less.

I need 25 single and 10 2-disc cases. It sucks that one place I've shopped wants a resonable $12.50 for the single cases, then slaps a flat $11 shipping charge on the order. I just missed being able to get 30 for $23.50 shipped from a guy on DVD Talk who'd bought 100. Drat. If anyone is buying a bulk order and is looking to piece out the rest of them for ~65 cents ea. shipped, PM me, please.

They are 88 cents each, shipped, from Amazon when you buy 25. Love how Square Deal sells 'em for 50 cents on their site and then wants $11 flat shipping then charges only $4 shipping at Amazon by jacking the per-piece price to 72 cents.

[quote name='joker______']is there a way to order cases that hold two discs like for beowulf & zodiac?[/quote]

Some have concerns on how to store their multi disc HD DVD titles in HD DVD cases. I have a solution for 2 disc in a standard HD DVD case... I figured this out with Beowulf today. See attached image.

Pop out the middle tray that comes with the case from Hollywood Video and pop it under the tabs (as shown in image). When closing the points on the black tray need to be under the middle spine support. Closes just fine... hope this helps some of you.

Okay, It won't help the lucky bastards that were able to get Blade Runner (5 disc)... Okay... So I am a little jealous... :)

http://images29.fotki.com/v1035/photos/7/708008/5937497/hddvd_2disc_example-vi.jpg

[quote name='outtie']Some have concerns on how to store their multi disc HD DVD titles in HD DVD cases. I have a solution for 2 disc in a standard HD DVD case... I figured this out with Beowulf today. See attached image.

Pop out the middle tray that comes with the case from Hollywood Video and pop it under the tabs (as shown in image). When closing the points on the black tray need to be under the middle spine support. Closes just fine... hope this helps some of you.

Okay, It won't help the lucky bastards that were able to get Blade Runner (5 disc)... Okay... So I am a little jealous... :)[/QUOTE]

outtie I embedded it for you:

hddvd_2disc_example-vi.jpg

Took me a few reads to understand what the previous poster was referring to.

I think the HV case he's referring to is the double DVD rental case. The version that has the flapper vs. the molded 2 hub version (one on front, one on back). Take out the flapper tray and use it in the standard HD DVD case is what I think he is trying to describe.

[quote name='bob330i']Took me a few reads to understand what the previous poster was referring to.

I think the HV case he's referring to is the double DVD rental case. The version that has the flapper vs. the molded 2 hub version (one on front, one on back). Take out the flapper tray and use it in the standard HD DVD case is what I think he is trying to describe.[/quote]

I added a link to a pic to the original post...

I couldn't figure out how to embed the image on the forum... it kept showing up as text and not pulling the image...

I scored 20 cases from mediaxchange1 too for $18.93 shipped. Looks like I got in before they raised their prices cause I only paid $6.89 for 10. Now their charging $7.69 for 10.

Should be here in a day or two. I can't wait to get rid of those big ugly HV cases. :p

[quote name='outtie']I added a link to a pic to the original post...

I couldn't figure out how to embed the image on the forum... it kept showing up as text and not pulling the image...[/quote]
Awesome, good idea. Not the best looking but at least it will look good on the outside (and who really cares about the inside anyway).
I was hoping to find a case with an insert holding 4 discs at sleevetown; then you could use that for Blade Runner. Can't seem to find one. But you could always order some double amarays from there and use the insert clips in HD-DVD cases (if you are missing some, don't know why you would be), or ask Blockbuster (maybe Hollywood) if they have extra 2-Disc Amaray's.

I posted this over on the DVD Talk Forums but thought I'd add it here too.

I have some extra HD-DVD Logo cases if anyone is interested, just shoot me a pm.

As of right now all of my extra cases are accounted for.

Just got a response from MediaXchange1 on eBay. He got slammed with orders but his cases should be arriving on Monday and would be shipping out on Monday. Just an FYI for those who bought from him and noticed that he hasn't shipped yet. Not sure of his supplier but he said the order was for 10,000 cases.

[quote name='outtie']Some have concerns on how to store their multi disc HD DVD titles in HD DVD cases. I have a solution for 2 disc in a standard HD DVD case... I figured this out with Beowulf today. See attached image.

Okay, It won't help the lucky bastards that were able to get Blade Runner (5 disc)... Okay... So I am a little jealous... :)

http://images29.fotki.com/v1035/photos/7/708008/5937497/hddvd_2disc_example-vi.jpg[/quote]

i wouldve never thought of that thanks man

[quote name='munch']I e-mailed WB and they said they do not sell 5 disc cases for Blade Runner. That really sucks.[/quote]
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. i really want this case... :cry::bs:

[quote name='lowdwn169']NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. i really want this case... :cry::bs:[/QUOTE]

I tried to tell them at first that I ordered Blade Runner and the case came all mangled up from "an Online Store." They told me to send everything back, which I couldn't do since I don't have the case. That sucked.

I am going to make a huge attempt to win but I have a feeling its gonna get nasty at the end. I think my threshold will be set @ 50 for the lot. So as long as it stays under that I'll bite.

Does any one have 1 extra HD DVD case that I can purchase. I ordered some but I will come up one shy (ordered 10 and need 11). If I order 1 from a company I get killed on shipping. Thanks for the help. PM me if you can.

[quote name='thebob101']Thanks for the post, I just bought the 25 lot for $12.50 + $6.49 S&H. Good deal if you ask me.[/quote]

No prob! :D

I just bought the same thing and 5 additional ones. Requested for them to combine shipping, waiting for a total. :bouncy:

Does any one have 1 extra HD DVD case that I can purchase. I ordered some but I will come up one shy (ordered 10 and need 11). If I order 1 from a company I get killed on shipping. Thanks for the help. PM me if you can.

[quote name='NJMane']Does any one have 1 extra HD DVD case that I can purchase. I ordered some but I will come up one shy (ordered 10 and need 11). If I order 1 from a company I get killed on shipping. Thanks for the help. PM me if you can.[/quote]

I might have an extra one, when I get the lot I ordered from eBay I will PM you if I have any left.

I got my cases today. They are different in that the cases aren't rounded. It's not a big deal, given the Hollywood Video alternative. Looks like I'm going to be one short. :cry:

Hells Yeah,

I just won the auction that I was bidding on for 2 Disc HD-DVD cases. I also said that I would be selling off the remainder that I don't need to all of those fortunate people who were able to get several 2 Disc movies from HWV. I "should" have 7 available to the first few CAGs but I will post exactly how many will be left once they arrive.

munch is first in line though so once I speak with him I will announce the remaining quantity after we speak.

It will end up being cost plus shipping. So 3.77 per case plus my cost for shipping.

Hear Ye, Hear Ye,

I got some 2-disc HD-DVD cases in the mail and I only used what I needed. I now would like to help out some fellow CAGs who also got in on the HWV 2 for 20 deal. It will be $5 each shipped 1st class. PM to get in line. Only 7 Available.

Thanks

[quote name='blk00civicsi'] It will be $5 each shipped 1st class. PM to get in line. Only 7 Available.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

ouch...

[quote name='bob330i']ouch...[/quote]

Yeah I know. The auction ended at 37 bux. I ordered ten and only needed 2. Avg 3.77 per case and plus the materials and 1st class shipping costs comes to $5.

Are the cases from Square Deal close the the real HD DVD cases (other than being squared off)? I'd rather have the rounded ones, but Square Deal is just so cheap!

[quote name='Pyloric']Are the cases from Square Deal close the the real HD DVD cases (other than being squared off)? I'd rather have the rounded ones, but Square Deal is just so cheap![/quote]

They're fine. The only thing that I don't like is the discs fit very very snugly into the prongs.

I got the Square Deal cases. They're alright, except of course not being rounded like retail cases. But they are otherwise the same dimensions as retail HD-DVD cases.

bread's done
Back