replacement plan for ipod?

Mistik

CAGiversary!
I'm planning on grabbing an ipod touch pretty soon and I was thinking of getting a replacement plan with it. Is that a good investment? I mean, I guess I have the Apple 1 year warranty but I always figured that these replacement plans were better. A while ago when I bought my first mp3 player, after about a year and a half the scroll wheel stopped working. Luckily I had a plan and got every single cent back, and was able to buy a new ipod. Anyways, just looking for some opinions on what I should do.

[quote name='Mistik']I'm planning on grabbing an ipod touch pretty soon and I was thinking of getting a replacement plan with it. Is that a good investment? I mean, I guess I have the Apple 1 year warranty but I always figured that these replacement plans were better. A while ago when I bought my first mp3 player, after about a year and a half the scroll wheel stopped working. Luckily I had a plan and got every single cent back, and was able to buy a new ipod. Anyways, just looking for some opinions on what I should do.[/quote]
if you're getting an apple ipod, always get the best replacement plan you can. i bought my ipod mini from bestbuy with their replacement plan. when it needed service (took it to the beach and sand got in the clickwheel), UPS delivered the package to my house and left it, unsigned for, in the rain on the front steps. after finding the thing soaked through, i was able to have it replaced, at no cost. since they were no longer making the mini, i upgraded for $50 to the 30gig ipod video with the 2year service plan since the didn't offer the replacement plan on it. i've used it twice already for the clickwheel sticking and for it randomly powering itself down.

bread's done
Back