Replacement Plans for DS Lite...worth it?

Arkay Firestar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
My firm line on the DS Lite, despite having traded my DS in today, is that I will not settle for White. That said, I also don't want to wait until Black is brought stateside (cuz it might take forever), and I certainly won't import because I cannot tolerate defects (dead pixels).

So I've spoken with two EB/GS managers, and both have said that should one buy the 1 year, 20 dollar replacement plan, and lets say a Black DS comes out in...I dunno...November, and I was to suddenly find a "defect" in my white DS lite, that I could replace it with a black DS.

Now, my question to you all is...should I wait for a Black DS Lite flat out or should I spend 20 dollars more and get a replacement plan, enjoy the white DS lite, and then swap when the time comes?

I'm not sure what to do.

you know what i had actually been completating this and since you brought this up. thats exactly what i will be doing.im tired of the damn ipod look but i dont wanna wait forvever for the ds in another color. i say do that firestar and you will just be paying 20 bucks for the black on when it comes out when you think bout it.

I am defintely getting an ESA on this one. When the new black comes out I will switch it out, better then having to buy a new one for 140.06. And just in case some thing happen to my new IPOD WANNABE

[quote name='auralia']you guys certain that they won't make you exchange it for exactlyw hat you had (aka a white) ?[/QUOTE]
I don't think they're THAT anal, since they're the same product.

Usually you can do an exchange for a different color, if they want to... If you want to improve your chances, keep the original packaging, so they can defect your system out properly...

Talk to the store manager and spell out your plan to him/her...most managers are understanding (they're gamers, too)...

I mean, if they don't have a single DS Lite in at all when you want to replace it, they'll give you cash back...so you could just find an EB/GS without a DS Lite instock, say its defective, and get 130-whatever from them and take it to another store and get a black one.

I was thinking more about this, and it really makes sense. How much does it cost to import a system? An extra 30 considering elevated costs and shipping? Cheaper to pay 19.99 and get the replacement plan.

I will wait till im back in my hometown and have ordered DS Lite Hori screen protectors and then I'll make it happen.

Yay for ingenuity :D

You can do a switcheroo if you buy a protection plan at CC. They even have an accidental plan for a little bit more so if you fuck up your DS you can still exchange it. What happens with CC is they just give you back the value of the price you paid on a gift card, so then you could use it to get any color DS you want.

bread's done
Back