Replacing Graphics card in preparation for Infinite

ahchamna

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
I currently have a Radeon 5770, and it has done its job for quite some time (maybe around 4-5 years, even more). I can see it wearing down a bit as sometimes my system is freezing up and I have like freezes and weird glitch sounds during heavy usage. I have opened the card up itself and cleaned it out a bit and I'm sure if i reapply thermal paste, it'll work better, but I might as well get a new card.

I'm not entirely sure of what my specifications are as it was a stock PC from Dell, with some minor tweaks that I added on. I'm not looking for something too crazy or high end because I know that my computer cannot handle it nor do I wish to dive too deep into the financial end.

Bottom line, looking for a video card that can play bioshock infinite flawlessly in 1080p. With similar system specifications as the 5770:

• PCI Express® based PC is required with one X16 lane graphics slot available on the motherboard
  • 450 Watt or greater power supply with one 75W 6-pin PCI Express® power connectors recommended (600 Watt and two 6-pin connectors for ATI CrossFireX™ technology in dual mode)
  • Certified power supplies are recommended. Refer to http://support.amd.com/us/certified/power-supplies/Pages/listing.aspx for a list of Certified products
  • Minimum 1GB of system memory
  • Installation software requires CD-ROM drive
  • DVD playback requires DVD drive
  • Blu-ray™ playback requires Blu-ray drive
  • For an ATI CrossFireX™ system, a second ATI Radeon™ HD 5770 graphics card, an ATI CrossFireX Ready motherboard and one ATI CrossFireX Bridge Interconnect cable per graphics card (included) are required

Price range is around 100-250. Preferably in that range, I am currently interested in the Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 and wondering if people know of some deals.

bread's done
Back