Reported 30% discounts at Woolies

John

Administrator
Staff member
Feedback
10 (100%)
[img-r=94]3969[/img-r]It looks like the prices are starting to tumble at Woolies, with reports of 30% off on hardware, games, movies, and so on. In terms of 360 prices, that's £169 for an Elite, £119 for a Premium and £79 for an Arcade console. If you live near a branch, feel free to post if you pick up any bargains.

sorry but, are those prices FOR REAL?
i mean 79£ equals to roughly 85 eur as per today cross rate!
consider italy or most of europe: they are selling (and selling a lot, it seems) the arcade pack for 179 euro, it means A PRICE CUT IN HALF!!!

if true it's an awesome deal, worth a flight trip back and forth (via Ryanair, of course...)

[quote name='zennemesis']babaz ... I think the arcade is usually around £100 online in the UK atm...[/QUOTE]

so low? i mean probably it's a BARE NAKED arcade console, with no game bundle of sorts
and it's great great value...
but please,ca anyone point me to such great deals on hardware ONLINE? i'm from italy

My local store (Eastwood, Nottingham, UK) doesnt have any consoles left they went while there were 20% off, I got a Xbox 60Gb Sku for a second console, but there are various games, Rockband and Guitar Hero Packs availible with 30% off now.

well mother dearest called in for me today (im off work with the flu at bloody Xmas :( )

Rock Band is apparently selling on Xbox360 for £50 (Instruments only Bundle) with the game going for £30

Shes getting me one hehe woop!

Oh thats in Portadown, Northern Ireland by the way!

One of my local shops (Worthing, West Sussex) had a relatively poor selection although they did have a cheap Table Tennis and Assassin's Creed (both 360) with 30% off.
Didn't see any Guitar Hero or Rock Band or consoles or the like though. :/

[quote name='Exu']One of my local shops (Worthing, West Sussex) had a relatively poor selection although they did have a cheap Table Tennis and Assassin's Creed (both 360) with 30% off.
Didn't see any Guitar Hero or Rock Band or consoles or the like though. :/[/quote]

Mom had to enquire at the counter about it, and that was it!

I might see if I can score a cheap Wireless Adaptor on Boxing Day!!

Or Rock Band Disc 1 (Bought the 2nd one in Game :( )

No wonder Woolworths is closing down, I went in there to do some Christmas shopping and there was bugger all on the shelves!

In the Blackburn store today it was 50% off all video games and related items. Still had quite a few games for all systems and some rock band bundles. Picked up Guitar Hero World Tour solus for £17.99. Quite impressed.

Yeah, there was 50% in Crawley today. Unfortunately 50% off of full RRP still equals "can get cheaper elsewhere". Plus they're flogging all their display cases at five for a quid. Worthing's doing ten.

I'm hoping to go to Worthing tomorrow and find the 30% has become 50% so I can buy Chocolate for £7.50. And I might pick up a Wispa as well. :bouncy:

Just to make a point now, THE FIRST WAVE OF SHOPS ARE CLOSING TODAY.

These shops have a 70% /minimum/ off stock, from what I've been told. And I'm sure if you ask extra nice on the phone, they'll save it for you if you pick it up sharpish.

[quote name='Exu']I might pick up a Wispa as well. :bouncy:[/quote]

Only one? We must all do our bit and support Wispas. I still remember the day they stopped being made.

One of the darkest days in British history.

Hmm, I wonder if there's a list floating about of what stores are closing when?
I was hoping to get to the one in Broadwater (West Sussex) today just in case but couldn't.

EDIT: Turns out Deloitte have issued one and Sky News have handily put it in alphabetical order.

Here it is.

So yeah, 70% off eh? Christ, it's not even worth shoplifting there now!

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back