Request advice on a new game...

Wlogan31

CAGiversary!
Feedback
128 (100%)
ok, here is the deal:

i have a ton of games i still haven't delved into from the CC $5 buy even (work keepin me busy :( )

the games that i have attempted to play have been fun, but its been more like a struggle to beat the game. the last time i really had fun playing through a game was jak & daxter and beyond good and evil. i started (and almost finished) dead to rights yesterday and had a decent time with it.

i guess my question is this: what game should i get (either GC or PS2) that will just be FUN to play through...doesn't have to be the most popular or anything close to new...just something that i'll have fun sitting down and playing to completion.

thanks in advance...

Yes! Katamari Damacy is a great game- it may be a tad boring for the first couple stages, but as soon as you can roll up those pesky mice that torment you at the start, it becomes great fun! Plus it's got a wonderful soundtrack (which I bought the CD of at Sakura Con, and am now listening to near constantly. :))

i know what u mean, beyond good & evil was also the last game i really beat and enjoyed. lately i cant even get into the star games like xenosaga 2, doom 3,shadow hearts 2. it just feels like ive played everything. but i recommend to you :sonic collection, and gran turismo never lets me down,also any monkey ball if havent played those

Sadly, I don't really know what Katamari Damacy is (been working SO much i've been out of gaming releases/news for about 5 months)...sounds like it could be just what the doctor ordered though

Thanks, and still taking suggestions...

I would reccomend the Punisher for xbox/PS2. I couldnt stop shooting! Its easy to play, but the bosses might be a little tough.

I grabbed the Punisher for $20 and couldn't disagree more. I was bored out of my mind an hour into the game. All you do is shoot. Its a cheap max payne ripoff with b&w death scenes. Which are fun, don't get me wrong, but I found myself running from level to level, stopping only for the special kills/interrogations.

Sounds like a need more suggestions - keep em coming...

Isn't there a game out there that everyone just thinks is flat out fun to play through and complete?

Sad world when this question must be asked...so much garbage w/ hype out there today

Any of the Ratchet & Clank games. They're the only games I play all the way through, and then start right over when I finish them.
Oh, and Resident Evil 4, if you aren't looking at cheaper titles.

I think the Viewtiful Joe games are a lot of fun to just pick up and play, moreso than anything else in my current-gen collection. The exception to that rule is probably Jungle Beat, but I've only played it for two or three hours, so I don't know if it holds up, but I think it has to. I also found Spider-Man 2 to be a hell of a lot of fun, and not too terribly long if you want that sense of completion/satisfaction. SM2 has a great control scheme and is just generally hellzapoppin' fun -- think Grand Theft Otto Octavius.

pikmin was good fun to play thru, tough to compare to a similar game
viewtiful joe is great for the classical side scroller shooter

I would recommend lowering the difficulty levels on games, I find myself just not having the time and energy to struggle through and master games, and they then become a chore- but if i lower the difficulty sum (the personal demons of playing on easy mode aside) the enjoyment increases

I didn't get into Katamari Damacy, just didn't pull me in.
Ratchet and Clank, though, loved each one of them. I've got a replay started on UYA, but there's other stuff I've still got to play that are unfinished.

I also recommend Katamari Damacy, and Resident Evil 4. RE4 was the game that actually got me out of the funk I'd been since beating Metroid Prime 2. Speaking of which if you haven't play the Metroid Primes, then those are good to get too. Pikmin is great too, haven't gotten to the second one yet, but the first was good and not terribly long. Culdcept can also suck your life away from you if you are into card games at all. The Super Monkey ball games are good fun too, and there's always Eternal Darkness if you haven't experienced that one yet. My final recommendation would be Rygar, especially if it still cheap at EB. On the handheld front Zelda: Minish Cap and Yoshi Touch and Go are good too, if you have those systems.

metal arms: glitch in the system rocks and it is CHEAP. also Prince of Persia: Sands of Time was awesome. SMT: Nocturne and SW: Republic Commando were a couple of more recently released fun games. Oh yeah, dont forget Lego Star Wars.

I second any R&C game. All of those games are just plain fun all the way through. I also had fun with God of War - good action game. However you may just want to wait until GOW goes down in price. Although I loved RE4, with your schedule, it may not be a good pick. It can be long and agrivating at times. That can cause someone to move on if they cannot dedicate time to the game.

Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3.

The game can be set to Easy so you just sit back and enjoy the story without struggling to solving crazy puzzles or fight impossible bosses.

If you liked the LOTR trilogy, I'd also recommend The Two Towers and ROTK, though it can be a bit maddening if you can't figure out why you keep failing certain levels.

I second God of War. It was a fun game and an engaging story. And just like Vehrub, I tend to lower the difficulty of games to get the story. I don't like spending an hour because I keep getting killed by an enemy that only takes 2 hits to kill me. (On a side note, I am playing God of War on god mode after beating it on easy mode. Let me tell you, you have to be godly to beat on god mode).

bread's done
Back