Request: Best Pay Television/Internet Provider

ddrlenz

CAGiversary!
I am currently fed up with Time Warner Cable's lackluster service for digital cable and slow as hell RoadRunner internet service.

I've finally decided to jump ship with them and am trying to find the best deal for digital cable/satelite TV and cable-speed internet. I prefer to not have to deal with phone lines for the net, and would prefer it to be with a DVR included in the service. I'm also looking for channels like Sci-Fi and G4 to be included in the package service.

Can anyone recommend some good or GREAT promos or deals for service. I can't seem to find anything super appealing. I'm located in Milwaukee, WI...if it helps.

Thanks in advance!

Is Verizon FIOS available in your area? Google it, and if it is available in your neighborhood, that might be your best bet.

unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you look at it) there won't be too many options to choose from. I had no idea how region-specific the cable companies were until I moved out and had to buy service on my own. I basically had Fios and Optimum online to choose from, and that was it!

So you'll most likely have around two options for cable... then a few more options if you wanna try satellite for TV or a DSL connection for internet.

No FIOS in MIL. But Uverse may be available depending on your address.

Your stuck with 3/4 choices here: TWC, Uverse (if available @ your location), Dish Network, or DirectTV.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is totally going to be based on your location there OP. IF you have any other choice than Time Warner at all, consider yourself lucky. Around here, Comcast is the only option if you want Cable TV/Internet.

U-verse looks pretty reasonable. I'm looking at the U200 and Elite internet access package. Is 6.0 Mbps much more noticable than 1.5 or 3.0 Mbps?

I'd go for DirecTV for paid TV service, all digital and lots of HD channels. For internet, I know a lot of people have problems with Comcast cable internet, but I have been using them for 10 yrs now with very few problems.

[quote name='ddrlenz']U-verse looks pretty reasonable. I'm looking at the U200 and Elite internet access package. Is 6.0 Mbps much more noticable than 1.5 or 3.0 Mbps?[/quote] I'd never go with the 1.5 and considering 6 is only $5 more per than 3 I'd go that route.

[quote name='klwillis45']I'd never go with the 1.5 and considering 6 is only $5 more per than 3 I'd go that route.[/QUOTE]just wondering, as far as online GAMING is concerned... do things kinda top off at a certain MPBS, or will the gameplay keep getting noticeably smoother the higher you go? I kinda assume that, after a certain point, the only benefit is faster download times (and gameplay remains unaffected), but I could be wrong.

bread's done
Back