[Request] Cheap audio system.

abcme

CAGiversary!
Ok, I just saw Linkin Prime's thread, and there was this thing about no receiver and stuff.

now... I'm quite a n00b when it comes to audio crap, so I was wondering if anybody could gimme a few tips on what to look for, and what I wanna avoid?

My speakers hooked up to my comp is crap... gets fuzzy and can't pump out all the sounds that I want, ie. weak bass, ear piercing treble, etc.

[quote name='abcme']Ok, I just saw Linkin Prime's thread, and there was this thing about no receiver and stuff.

now... I'm quite a n00b when it comes to audio crap, so I was wondering if anybody could gimme a few tips on what to look for, and what I wanna avoid?

My speakers hooked up to my comp is crap... gets fuzzy and can't pump out all the sounds that I want, ie. weak bass, ear piercing treble, etc.[/QUOTE]

You leave way too much info out. What are your spacial limitations, your $$$ limitations. Must this be a PC usuable set? The more you say, the better the help you will receive.

And b.t.w., too much bass will muddle your middle. Dont overdo the bass as so many like to do. In time youll hate the overwhelming bass.

ok, sorry bout that.

My limitations...

well money wise, I can spend probably no more than $100

it should take up too much space, maybe up to the size of 2 monitors.

and yes, the whole reason why I want it is so I can hook it up to my comp.

I know what you mean with the bass. I don't like muffled up music either, but right now my music lacks bass, sounds dull... I used to be a musician so I'm not completely unfamiliar with the balance of range.

as for audio tech... that's a different story.

right now, my music is emphasized the most at 300-600hz range. then bass, then everything else. dunno if you know what I'm talking about, I'm probably speaking in n00b language.

Check circuit city, theres a lot of home theather in a box systems for under 100 and 200$. Get something that's capable of doing Dolby Digital/DTS Surround/Pro Logic II.
And get something with good power (100 wat per channel at least). I own a JVC RX 5030 V, it's pretty cheap theses days and sounds great.

if it's computer speakers bose sells a pair of them for 100 bucks, i like mine, mind i got em used for 40 but they can pump it out imho... and takes up less space then one monitor but of course is only two speakers so your not getting that full surround effect.

bread's done
Back