Request: Deals on Steelbooks.

Some walmarts still have Boondock Saints and Robocop steelbook for 15ish $.

Don't know if its a fluke, but as of yesterday, my best buy still had a few I Am Legends. Same with Dane Cooks Tourgasm.

You can get Fight Club and The Omen off ebay for decent prices.

As incred said, you can preorder Cloverfield at FYE for 20$. They only need 5$ down.

The whole problem with them is they are usually very limited, and people love to horde them for the sole purpose of raping people on ebay. I remember picking up one of the Grindhouse steelbooks and someone was at the counter with 5. Luckily the cashier told him no.

I don't know which ones you're looking for either, but I know my Best Buy still has the Live Free or Die Hard SB as well as the ones for the Bourne Supremacy. Those didn't seem to sell as well. Those Grindhouse ones were gone before I could even blink.

[quote name='anomynous']Can you preorder the Cloverfield steelbook online?

I don't have any FYEs around me[/quote]

I don't think so..I checked quickly the other day, didn't see it listed.

Holy hell! I had no idea the prices of these things on ebay. I guess I'm sitting on a small fortune.

Damn! Some of those Futureshop exclusives are outrageous! $132 for Underworld Evolution?!

I saw a brand new copy of The Transformers Steelbook (Autobot edition) at FYE for $29.99 when I bought my Sweeney Todd Steelbook ($17.99 AR, I couldn't resist).

eBay had one or two (TF) that ended at about $30 as well. I'd have to say the MSRP is just too high on these, not so much eBay prices (Sweeney Todd steelbook is probably $28 at FYE).

[quote name='Animal7390']anyone have a list of all the steelbooks that have been released?

also kerig: nice animated gif.[/quote]
Check here.

[quote name='sendme']Do the steelbooks come with more extras then the 2 disc set or any other set?[/quote]

Nope, they're just the coolest cases ever created in the history of cases.

I forgot to mention this deal: go to Secondspin.com (or wherehouse.com, same thing) and do a DVD title search for "steelbook", believe it or not, it brings up every used steelbook they have, which aren't too badly priced. They sell all their steelbooks for $12.99 used (as evidenced by what they have in stock right now, which aren't any of the store-exclusive titles)

Thanks Animal, I just changed it yesterday :)

[quote name='Kerig']Nope, they're just the coolest cases ever created in the history of cases.

I forgot to mention this deal: go to Secondspin.com (or wherehouse.com, same thing) and do a DVD title search for "steelbook", believe it or not, it brings up every used steelbook they have, which aren't too badly priced. They sell all their steelbooks for $12.99 used (as evidenced by what they have in stock right now, which aren't any of the store-exclusive titles)

Thanks Animal, I just changed it yesterday :)[/quote]

Make sure you use the front page discounts with those. Wherehouse is currently doing 20% off with coupon code take20.

bread's done
Back