Request: Doctor Who Series 1

I have never seen them for under $70ish for a 13 episode season, I think it's insane.

Season 2 is my favorite (of the new show), really well done.

This may not be the best option, but you could open a Buy.com card or Amazon card, save $30 and be able to get them for $40ish each.

After that, just never use the card again.

Well, blame on the fact that Doctor Who isn't very popular in the US. If it had more exposure here, like other TV shows, then the price of the boxset would be considerably less.
Good luck finding the boxsets for a reasonable price.

[quote name='detectiveconan16']Well, blame on the fact that Doctor Who isn't very popular in the US. If it had more exposure here, like other TV shows, then the price of the boxset would be considerably less.[/quote]

:roll:

Yes... right....

:roll:

It's expensive because it's a BBC show, it's popular in England and it's expensive there too.

I've always known that BBC sets were expensive, just like the HBO shows/miniseries are...you just think that they would make it a bit more accessible for new fans. I have no doubt that the show is great but for the price of two seasons I could get the complete Seinfeld run or even some other show.

[quote name='mjc819']I've always known that BBC sets were expensive, just like the HBO shows/miniseries are...you just think that they would make it a bit more accessible for new fans. I have no doubt that the show is great but for the price of two seasons I could get the complete Seinfeld run or even some other show.[/QUOTE]
I caught the Eccleston season on PBS last year or so. Absolutely fantastic.

I've noticed that both torchwood and doctor who in the US are keeping much closer to the UK schedule. Like when an episode airs in the UK, two weeks later (about that i think) that episode is shown here.

[quote name='JolietJake']I've noticed that both torchwood and doctor who in the US are keeping much closer to the UK schedule. Like when an episode airs in the UK, two weeks later (about that i think) that episode is shown here.[/quote]

Yes, we are only about 3 episodes behind them.

And don't forget The Sarah Jane Adventures. It's like a follow up / spin off to Doctor Who, very well done. It's sadly only 30 minutes long and a children's show, but still fun.

I got Seasons 1 & 2 from Amazon back in December for about the same as the CC deal that's running now. I love both Doctor Who and Torchwood but wish the sets were less expensive. If they went on sale for $25-$40, I'd be giving these out as Christmas gifts like crazy.

[quote name='detectiveconan16']Well, blame on the fact that Doctor Who isn't very popular in the US. If it had more exposure here, like other TV shows, then the price of the boxset would be considerably less.
Good luck finding the boxsets for a reasonable price.[/quote]

naw the only thing that would happen would be that they would try and make a shity american version of a great show.

love the dalax pic

I love this show. And yes it is expensive. I wanted to get into collecting and watching the older series on DVD, but the prices on those discs are high as well. That price at CC is a steal at less than $60 for both series 1 and 2. Series 3 though youll probably have to buy on its own.

Really though, even with the high price, I dont feel cheated because of the quality of the show and the special features. There are commentaries on each episode and behind the scenes, deleted scenes, and tons of other stuff.

Doctor Who awesome series. I'd stick to Amazon best prices I can find to get them. I'm looking to find a deal on Season one myself or make a trade for it.

bread's done
Back