[Request] Pocket Playstation

abcme

CAGiversary!
Ya, if I'm right, it's only sold in Japan and asian countries.

I have some playstation games that support the Pocket Playstation, but if anybody knows a good place to buy it, plz let me know.

I looked on ebay and I find used ones, or ones those cantonese shops that put up the item(which are usually the fake kinds, like those fake psx memory cards that work which I own, but for a Pocket Playstaion, I'd rather get a real one)

btw, I'm not talking about PSP

where do you live...if you live in ny, i know j and l has them new for like 15 bucks, last time i was there i almost picked one up for the hell of it

pocketstation.jpg

Sort of like a VMU for Dreamcast but for ps1.

[quote name='TJordan522']Dumb question--what's a pocket Playstation?[/QUOTE]
A lot like the Dreamcast's VMU. Pretty much the same thing, minus memory card functionality.

- Edit - Beat to it.

It is a PS1 memory card with a teeny tiny screen and some buttons. The only really noteable game to support it in America (even though it was never released in America) was Final Fantasy VIII, where you could play a minigame to power up Choco so that he'd do some damage when you summoned him. There was also an item to let you summon Moombas, which you could not get any other way.
If they really are available for $15, I might have to snag one (I could use a PSOne memory card anyway)

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']A lot like the Dreamcast's VMU. Pretty much the same thing, minus memory card functionality.[/QUOTE]
? It's used as a memory card.
[quote name='BIG5']I thought it was just called the Pocketstation.[/QUOTE]
Yep, it is.

i got a bunch of stuff when this came out (spent about 80 dollars on accessories for it) really only used it on FF8.. still pretty cool though.. i loved taking it with school with me when it was "new".. people thought it was cool to take your memory card with you and play little "games" on it.. (also i was in 8th/9th grade at the time and i thought everything japaneese was the poo)

the Chocobo Minigame for FF8 was lame & the Spyro's(J) supported it, unless your looking for a watch dont waste your time...

I actually don't have a watch, and I have plenty of import games for my psx, so if I can find one for cheap I'd definately get it.

Day1221: I live in Northern California.

[quote name='Epic Wolf']the Chocobo Minigame for FF8 was lame & the Spyro's(J) supported it, unless your looking for a watch dont waste your time...[/QUOTE]
There are plenty of Japanese games that support it (some of them made for the sole purpose of putting stuff onto a Pocketstation), so if you're into import games, it's not a bad purchase. I got it for Rival Schools 2, but I never had a chance to try it out.

Edited to add: The only problem I would say is generally the cost.

[quote name='judyjudyjudy']There are plenty of Japanese games that support it (some of them made for the sole purpose of putting stuff onto a Pocketstation), so if you're into import games, it's not a bad purchase. I got it for Rival Schools 2, but I never had a chance to try it out.

Edited to add: The only problem I would say is generally the cost.[/QUOTE]

Ya, I noticed that there are a number of my import games that support pocketstation, but I never had a chance to try those features out.

[quote name='fugazi_chichimon']I remember paying like 90 dollars for one from a Chinatown store just for FF8, sigh.[/QUOTE]

say whaa!!!!!!!!!!!

daaamn!!!

When did you buy it though?

The only game I knew that supports it is Street Fighter Alpha 3. You could take your character from world mode and level him up.

[quote name='The VGM']The only game I knew that supports it is Street Fighter Alpha 3. You could take your character from world mode and level him up.[/QUOTE]
yeah Powerstone had the same thing

bread's done
Back