Request: VGA Box deal

ZombieHendrix

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Any deals on VGA Boxes for hooking consoles up to a computer monitor? The best I've seen is $46 dollars shipped on ebay. And other than that, the only other place I've found that actually sells them is lik-sang (or atleast the only store I know is reputable) and they have them for around $50 not including shipping.

Anyone got any deals on a VGA Box?

As a matter of fact, I do.

http://www.vdigi.com

It'll run you about $70 shipped, but its by far the best and cheapest way to get true HD resolutions on your monitor. Those cheap, crappy $20 VGA boxes are just scan doublers, the image looks like garbage on the monitor. With this, it looks excellent. It supports 480p, 720p, and 1080i. However, it does not support 480i, which is standard TV resolution, so if you aren't using any consoles that support HD or progressive scan, this may not be for you.

I own one, and it looks great. If you're using consoles that work in at least 480p, and that use component cables, I wouldn't bother with the other shit on the market. I've had mine for years.

i dont know of any deals, but you should definitely be wary of cheap vga adaptors; they can look just as bad as non-pro scan tvs. i have both of these:

www.x2vga.com

and

www.vdigi.com

i highly highly recommend the x2vga if you just want to use it for your xbox, but if you want to use if for things like your gamecube, ps2, or pro scan dvd player, the vdigi is very nice too. i know they arent cheap, but i hope that helps.

Thanks for the heads up dafoomie and highwaypatrolman. I'm definitly looking to get some HD action. Even though $70 is more than I'd want to spend, its definitly cheaper than a new HD tv

[quote name='ZombieHendrix']Thanks for the heads up dafoomie and highwaypatrolman. I'm definitly looking to get some HD action. Even though $70 is more than I'd want to spend, its definitly cheaper than a new HD tv[/QUOTE]

its a lot cheaper than an hd set and the picture just looks incredible. i can't even play games on my sony trinitron anymore; the picture just isn't sharp enough.

[quote name='ZombieHendrix']Thanks for the heads up dafoomie and highwaypatrolman. I'm definitly looking to get some HD action. Even though $70 is more than I'd want to spend, its definitly cheaper than a new HD tv[/QUOTE]
I own this adapter and an HDTV and they both look excellent.

$70 is a bit much, but this is a great deal considering you'd otherwise have to buy a Nextvision N6 for $200.

bread's done
Back