Requesting MP3 Player (Cowon A2?)

Full_Throttle

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Hey al,,

My dear little SanDisk Sansa e200 has been lost for two months now, and I don't think that it would be reasonable of me to hope that I'll see it again. It's time to look at some different options.

I've been used to the quickness of a flash drive, but I'm thinking that it's time to move onto a HDD player to store more music and videos. Battery life is one of the most important things to me. I'd like to stay away from iPod, mainly because of the iTunes system which I really don't like. The Cowon A2 seems to have very nice video playback and a long battery life for music playback. Can anybody back up these statements?

I'm looking for a particularly good deal on it, because I really don't want to spend $300.

Any other recommendations or suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

The cowon A2 is indeed SUPER LUCKY.

I cannot attest to the length of the battery life, since I only use it where it can recharge (I also have a tiny flash player for walking and such), but almost everything else is great - including hooking it up to a TV to play back video. The one thing I'd change is the control stick - it's perhaps a little too easy to move it when you intend to press it in.

I have the 2 GB Sansa C250 (not entirely sure how it is different than the E200) and really like it. Best Buy had them on sale here in Houston for $70 a few weeks ago, making it half the price of the 2GB Ipod Nano. Maybe if you look around a little you can find it for about the same price. I take it to the gym every night and charge it about once a week.

Whether this is basically the same player you had or not, I'm not sure, but I may as well put in my two cents.

If you like the A2 wait for the A3 to come out. it was shown at CES. It will cost the same as the A2 cost right now.

I have the A2, I love it. I get a good, 9-10 hours run time in video and almost 20 in audio. Try eBay for deals. I got lucky and picked mine up for around 200 shipped. 30 gig model

Not to necessarily advertise for the iPod (I'm less than happy with the 3G one I own), but if iTunes is the only thing holding you back, then you should know that there's ample alternatives out there for getting music onto your iPod. I've been using a plugin for Winamp for quite a while now and it works flawlessly.

bread's done
Back