Requiem for a Dream BR Now $7.99 Was $9.99 Amazon

tempting. this movie has amazing sound design, and i kind of want to see it on blu ray. but i should probably just rent it.

Yeah I loved it, but it was so disturbing I've only seen it the one time years ago. I would kind of like to see it again, but I'll probably just Netflix it as it's definitely not something I can watch over and over again to justify owning, even at this great price.

It is a great price for the movie, although I will never watch it again. The imagery in the movie was just too much for me to want to stomach again.

Thinking more about that... I don't think I could watch any of his movies multiple times. Kind of formulaic... Movie starts, things go bad... things look like they're going to get better... things crash to the ground... hard.

[quote name='fizzywix']Will this stay the same price after it realeses?[/QUOTE]

I doubt it. It will probably go back up and then drop again in the future. The only way I see it being $10 is if Wal-Mart sells it at that price from day one.

Even though this movie was weird as fuck, I dunno if I can turn it down at that price. I may get that with Jason and something else for free shipping. Hmmm...

I own the DVD and every time someone sees it on my shelf they look at me as if to say "why would you ever want to own this so you could watch it more than once?"

One of my favorite films, but it still fucks me up every time.

[quote name='psunami']It is a great price for the movie, although I will never watch it again. The imagery in the movie was just too much for me to want to stomach again.

Thinking more about that... I don't think I could watch any of his movies multiple times. Kind of formulaic... Movie starts, things go bad... things look like they're going to get better... things crash to the ground... hard.[/QUOTE]

have you seen the fountain?

Man that crazy movie was a major train wreck that went thru an orphanage while the kids were asleep and the nuns are out partying .. you know the artistic visuals are awful and disturbing .. but you just cant look away

and that Tappy Tibbons, wow, just so "in your face" movie moment - Be excited, be excited. & JUICE JUICE JUICE!!!

[quote name='mang9432']have you seen the fountain?[/QUOTE]

My bad, I forgot that he did the fountain. I did see that movie, I just didn't enjoy it all that much.

ordered this from walmart.com site to store shipping for 10.66 total w/ tax. I don't have any filler for free amazon shipping, so this is fine with me.

Also, I've never seen this movie before.

Great movie, great price. However, seeing as how this movie makes you want to kill yourself, its hard to buy it at any price.

I saw this in theaters twice and then got it on DVD, watching it multiple times with various people I told they needed to see it. Watch it a few more times for the commentaries. Went years without watching and realized I probably won't be able to watch it again for years to come so I sold it. Almost pre-ordered the Blu-Ray... but I don't think I'm ready to watch it again :)

People keep saying it's not reference quality, which should be expected since this movie was made on a low budget with some of the grittiness being on purpose as well.

[quote name='psunami']My bad, I forgot that he did the fountain. I did see that movie, I just didn't enjoy it all that much.[/QUOTE]

I can't explain why, but I loved that movie. It's kinda like Magnolia or The Assassination of Jesse James...the soundtrack is definitely the driving force.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']I can't explain why, but I loved that movie. It's kinda like Magnolia or The Assassination of Jesse James...the soundtrack is definitely the driving force.[/QUOTE]

I've enjoyed Clint Mansell's work, so him teaming with Mogwai was a dream.

[quote name='equest943']I put this movie in the same category as Oldboy which is "Incredible Movie, Not Watching Again."[/QUOTE]
I love both of them, the endings are so dark and tragic.
Requiem has an amazing soundtrack that sounds fantastic in lossless form. It's worth the upgrade.

[quote name='mang9432']The Fountain is also $9.99 on blu-ray now.

http://www.amazon.com/Fountain-Blu-...ef=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1258297825&sr=8-1

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/753/fountain.html[/QUOTE]

The Fountain is one of those movies where the "making of" documentary would be far more interesting than the actual movie, with Pitt and Blanchett in, then Pitt bailing, then the sets being sold off, then the movie being shelved, then being made again with a new cast and a much smaller budget.

This an all time hit movie in my perspective. I have watched it and owned it and lost it and owned it and lost it once more.
p.gif

bread's done
Back