Reserve Beatles RB and get free songs!

ccohen322

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
Just noticed, sry if old.

620x60_3beatles.jpg

http://www.ebgames.com/browse/ProductMerch.aspx?groupid=439

awesome! I reserved it on Monday at Gamestop after Microsoft's E3 press conference!

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, well at least that's something for preordering. I was hoping for a book or shirt or something but I guess 3 songs will have to do ;).

As for the special access to the web site I saw that the other day when viewing the trailers. Of course I preordered it weeks ago so I didn't get the code for that. I'm sure it is pretty lame but my son will like putting that in and seeing what's there so I guess I better swing by GS some time this week and get that stupid access code.

Interesting. I wonder what they could be. Probably not going to be "All you need is Love" since that's timed exclusive DLC. I'm guessing 3 random songs off Abbey Road since they're releasing that as DLC across all platforms shortly after launch. Then again I could just be a moron.

Irregardless, looks like GS has my pre-order for this unless I see Amazon matching it.

[quote name='Nirron']
Irregardless, looks like GS has my pre-order for this unless I see Amazon matching it.[/QUOTE]

Irregardless? Really?

I'll bite on this preorder as soon as I get a full set list. I've never really sat down and listened to Beatles music before, but I liked all the songs that came out of E3 coverage, so I'll go listen to the setlist and I'll hop on the band wagon if it rocks...

I know there are a few Game Stop's nation wide that are hosting events for pre order customers as well.

I highly doubt amazon will match it. A lot of the time pre order bonuses Game Stop does are exclusive. Not all the time, but a lot of the time.

Hey, I was just asking for deals on this. If anyone knows of a local EB/GameStop deal to the Indianapolis area, let me know. I'm convinced there's got to be something better. (Then again, with this being Beatles related, maybe not. They don't exactly have to bribe people to buy this one.)

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']How do people think that is a word. (sorry for being the grammar police, but damn)[/QUOTE]

Nah I know it's not. I like using that kind of stuff. Somewhat like that a scene I saw once in King of Queens where he insists on saying "with all intensive purposes." Words are my other nerdy pleasure other than video games...I still have yet to figure out which people find less nerdy.

And don't get me started on grammar police :p I played WoW for like 3 years, and gnashed my teeth at how some people decimated the English language because it was "faster." I gave up on people learning proper English long ago.

And to make my post at least a tiny bit on topic: Bringing up the topic of getting it via Amazon, it's actually sounding better with ECA discount and no tax. In my area of NC, I'd pay roughly $64-65, whereas Amazon, at worst, I'd be paying $54. Unless the songs are indeed exclusive to GS and will not be released by paid DLC (which I highly suspect they will be, as the Bonus blurb emphasizes FREE) then I'd still be spending less at Amazon.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Nirron']Interesting. I wonder what they could be. Probably not going to be "All you need is Love" since that's timed exclusive DLC. I'm guessing 3 random songs off Abbey Road since they're releasing that as DLC across all platforms shortly after launch. Then again I could just be a moron.

Irregardless, looks like GS has my pre-order for this unless I see Amazon matching it.[/QUOTE]

Wait, what is this about All You Need Is Love being timed exclusive DLC? Timed when and exclusive to what?

Also, I figured the 3 songs would be off Abbey Road or other albums that I will end up buying in their entirety anyway so I see the 3 "free" songs as fairly useless now.

[quote name='io']Wait, what is this about All You Need Is Love being timed exclusive DLC? Timed when and exclusive to what?

Also, I figured the 3 songs would be off Abbey Road or other albums that I will end up buying in their entirety anyway so I see the 3 "free" songs as fairly useless now.[/QUOTE]

"At launch and for an undetermined period of time, "All You Need is Love" will be exclusive to the Xbox 360 version of Beatles Rock Band and be available to purchase via Xbox Live Marketplace. All proceeds from the track's sale will be donated to Doctors Without Borders, an international humanitarian organization that provides to relief to the innocent victims of war."

http://www.thehdroom.com/news/Xbox_...ets_Exclusive_All_You_Need_is_Love_Track/4905

I wonder if we'll be able to play the Sun King/Mean Mr Mustard/Polythene Pam/She Came in Through the Bathroom Window medley in its entirety without breaks. Has there been any word on this?

Here's 10 of the 45 tracks confirmed thus far.

• I Saw Her Standing There
  • I Want to Hold Your Hand
  • I Feel Fine
  • Day Tripper
  • Taxman
  • I Am The Walrus
  • Back In The U.S.S.R.
  • Octopus’s Garden
  • Here Comes The Sun
  • Get Back

[quote name='Shady3011']Here's 10 of the 45 tracks confirmed thus far.

• I Feel Fine
  • Day Tripper
  • Taxman
  • I Am The Walrus
  • Back In The U.S.S.R.
  • Octopus’s Garden
  • Here Comes The Sun
  • Get Back
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, how could any of the other 35 songs possibly influence anyone to NOT buy this game? They could put "Yellow Submarine" on there 3 times, and I'd still buy that shit! lol. Even many of the obscure Beatles songs are fantastic. I think it's pretty much guaranteed to have a better tracklist than any other music game ever released. I really love that they try to replicate classic Beatles performances too (ie. Ed Sullivan Show, Shea Stadium, etc). This will probably be my favorite game ever :)

I preordered about a month ago, never got one of the codes for the site though, but here's hoping I'll get the 3 songs when I pick this thing up... 3 MONTHS TO GO YEEEEAH!

Still hoping this hits my gold box. Already going the Amazon route with the ECA discount, but an added gold box discount would be the icing on the cake. Got lucky (or unlucky?) the other night when ME2 and Uncharted 2 both landed in my box. Went for the Uncharted deal since it is coming out first... hopefully.

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']How do people think that is a word. (sorry for being the grammar police, but damn)[/QUOTE]
Probably the same way people ask a question without a question mark.

Probably because it is a word.

"In response, I would like to say that "irregardless" is a word. It is, at least according to Merriam-Webster and Scrabble. "

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-9796217-1.html

"Now, on to dictionaries. Although it's true that the American Heritage Dictionary, the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary, and the Oxford English Dictionary all list the word irregardless, they also note that it's considered nonstandard."

http://grammar.quickanddirtytips.com/irregardless.aspx

[quote name='JJSP']Probably the same way people ask a question without a question mark.[/QUOTE]

I loved reading this JJSP. In the future Irish, be sure to not make the same mistake you are criticizing the OP about.

Irregardless - 3 dictionary results
Irregardless at Amazon
Low Prices on Irregardless Free Shipping on Qualified Orders!
Amazon.com/books
ir⋅re⋅gard⋅less
  /ˌɪrɪˈgɑrdlɪs/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [ir-i-gahrd-lis] Show IPA
–adverb Nonstandard.
regardless.
Origin:
1910–15; ir- 2 (prob. after irrespective) + regardless

Usage note:
Irregardless is considered nonstandard because of the two negative elements ir- and -less. It was probably formed on the analogy of such words as irrespective, irrelevant, and irreparable. Those who use it, including on occasion educated speakers, may do so from a desire to add emphasis. Irregardless first appeared in the early 20th century and was perhaps popularized by its use in a comic radio program of the 1930s.
Dictionary.com Unabridged
Based on the Random House Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2009.
Cite This Source
|
Link To Irregardless
ir·re·gard·less (ĭr'ĭ-gärd'lĭs)
adv. Nonstandard
Regardless.

[Probably blend of irrespective and regardless.]

Usage Note: Irregardless is a word that many mistakenly believe to be correct usage in formal style, when in fact it is used chiefly in nonstandard speech or casual writing. Coined in the United States in the early 20th century, it has met with a blizzard of condemnation for being an improper yoking of irrespective and regardless and for the logical absurdity of combining the negative ir- prefix and -less suffix in a single term. Although one might reasonably argue that it is no different from words with redundant affixes like debone and unravel, it has been considered a blunder for decades and will probably continue to be so.

----

So, nonstandard and doomed for condemnation, but still a part of common and casual speech... and since this is a fucking Internet forum based around video gaming (which is hardly a bastion of excellent writing), I think we can let it slide.

Ok, done!

Thanks for the heads-up OP. Hmmm. I'm pretty much with everyone else here... if these are EXCLUSIVE songs then they've got me, otherwise I'll keep hunting for the best deal.

My problem with "irregardless" is what do people who use it think it means? And why would they not just use "regardless"? What added benefit do they think the "ir" gives them? lol

[quote name='Shady3011']Here's 10 of the 45 tracks confirmed thus far.

• I Feel Fine
  • Day Tripper
  • Taxman
  • I Am The Walrus
  • Back In The U.S.S.R.
  • Octopus’s Garden
  • Here Comes The Sun
  • Get Back
[/QUOTE]

It might be safe to assume that these are in the game as well, given the E3 trailer below:
  • A Hard Day's Night
  • Paperback Writer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oseosz-ntmQ

[quote name='n8rockerasu']My problem with "irregardless" is what do people who use it think it means? And why would they not just use "regardless"? What added benefit do they think the "ir" gives them? lol[/QUOTE]

As the definition/explanation I posted says, most people use it as a more powerful/emphasised version of regardless, because it combines the words irrespective and regardless (both of which mean approximately the same thing.)

And while irregardless can easily be considered nonstandard English (and even oxymoronic!), it's still used quite a bit... and is hardly as abhorrent as the confusing of their/there/they're or its/it's, so why not just accept it as a silly quirk of our ever developing (and quite silly) English language?

Irregardless is not a f'ing word. M-W puts it as "non-standard" which means enough people do it so people (morons) think it's a word but it doesn't mean what they think it means.

Regardless = without regard
ir = without or not (e.g. irrational, irregular, iridium runners)

ir+regardless =not without regard?

come on, it doesn't make any sense. I love when people defend bad grammar and nonsensical words by saying "everyone does it!" Your probably the type that thinks this sentence is correct irregardless of style.

[quote name='confoosious'] Your probably the type that thinks this sentence is correct irregardless of style.[/QUOTE]

You're.

Just saying.

[quote name='confoosious']Your probably the type that thinks this sentence is correct irregardless of style.[/QUOTE]

Is that "your" written ironically? If so... fucking brilliant.

Am I defending it? No... I'm just explaining why it's used and why it's included in (several) dictionaries. Do I use the word? No. Do I understand why it is used? Yes. Do I agree with your explanation of prefixes and suffixes? Yes (I was an English professor and have an English degree.)

As the Random House dictionary explains:

Those who use it, including on occasion educated speakers, may do so from a desire to add emphasis.

So there are people who have decided that a more powerful form of regardless is necessary. Is it silly? Yes... because regardless basically implies finality. But, whatever... as I said before, there are much worse abuses of the English language.

Like confusing your and you're.

[quote name='AlohaMars2']I'll bite on this preorder as soon as I get a full set list. I've never really sat down and listened to Beatles music before, but I liked all the songs that came out of E3 coverage, so I'll go listen to the setlist and I'll hop on the band wagon if it rocks...[/QUOTE]

Wow, the Beatles are the greatest musical influence in the history of, well, music!! Get on it, today!!

Oh i get that people do it for emphasis. But people are stupid. And if we allow the unwashed masses to dictate what is right and what is wrong, we might as well just crawl into the gutter.

I fully understand the development of the English language. I'm one of those people who have read John McWhorter. But when we as a society think that words like irregardless make any sense and accept its usage, then we end up with (and deserve) idiots on VH1 using conversate and dramatical just because they think it sounds correct.

And of course, your was used facetiously.

Ok, off my soapbox now. :)

[quote name='confoosious']Irregardless is not a f'ing word. M-W puts it as "non-standard" which means enough people do it so people (morons) think it's a word but it doesn't mean what they think it means.

Regardless = without regard
ir = without or not (e.g. irrational, irregular, iridium runners)

ir+regardless =not without regard?

come on, it doesn't make any sense. I love when people defend bad grammar and nonsensical words by saying "everyone does it!" Your probably the type that thinks this sentence is correct irregardless of style.[/QUOTE]

If the reader understands the word as something then the word has been given meaning... and irregardless of what dictionaries say it is a word. Just like "ain't", "gonna" and "dunno". I dunno what you think about it, but "Ain't" is not a proper contraction of any English words, and it still ain't gonna stop you from understanding what I'm saying.

My big question: will the Wii version of this game support SDHC cards (as opposed to just 2 GB SD cards and smaller)? Has there been any word on this?

[quote name='crunchewy']My big question: will the Wii version of this game support SDHC cards (as opposed to just 2 GB SD cards and smaller)? Has there been any word on this?[/QUOTE]

Goddamnit, can't you see that this thread is about English grammar and the use of improper words?! Take your insipid games discussion somewhere else!

[quote name='zenintrude']Yes (I was an English professor and have an English degree.)
[/QUOTE]

Yes, I want fries with that.

I don't mean this but it was too good to pass up. :D

[quote name='confoosious']Oh i get that people do it for emphasis. But people are stupid. And if we allow the unwashed masses to dictate what is right and what is wrong, we might as well just crawl into the gutter.
[/QUOTE]

Where are you from? This happens in the U.S. during every election.

This one too. :applause:

[quote name='shoe478']Yes, I want fries with that.

I don't mean this but it was too good to pass up. :D[/QUOTE]

lol, well played... Yea, a good buck in that racket, so I got my Masters in something else.

Actually, if you don't mind working... well, *not* in the US... you can make a pretty penny. Korea is a great place for this. Just a heads up for all you Liberal Arts kids out there.

[quote name='DrBrianFields']If the reader understands the word as something then the word has been given meaning... and irregardless of what dictionaries say it is a word. Just like "ain't", "gonna" and "dunno". I dunno what you think about it, but "Ain't" is not a proper contraction of any English words, and it still ain't gonna stop you from understanding what I'm saying.[/QUOTE]

And this is why it's pointless to discuss grammar on the interwebs. The people that care about such things and being right will look up the proper use of words. The people that don't... well, they will not be swayed. They're the people who think that the expression is "I could care less."

Look at the above defense for using words incorrectly or using words that don't exist. It's the most retarded logic I've ever heard. If the bar is that other people understand us, REGARDLESS of whether a word is right or wrong, then that's pretty low indeed.

If I were to say that something was uninvisible, the person reading it would understand that I meant visible. But if they had half a brain, they'd also think I was an idiot.

[quote name='confoosious']If I were to say that something was uninvisible, the person reading it would understand that I meant visible. But if they had half a brain, they'd also think I was an idiot.[/QUOTE]
Haha, I have actually heard "uninvisible", from my English teacher when I was in high school.

Atleast the discussion is not about the usage of "axe, and axing", people that use this should just kill themselves (except in Futurama where they make fun of it).

On the actual game post, I do not like the Beatles but I might buy it since it will have support for 3 or 4 microphones at the same time, (I do no recall the E3 showcase, and I am to lazy to search for it).

bread's done
Back