Reserve your copy of Saints Row at Circuit City, get a faceplate starting 8/13?

Roufuss

CAGiversary!
Feedback
102 (100%)
According to Speedy over at DVDtalk, this starts next week (8/13) and the deal goes like this:

Reserve your copy of Saints Row for XBOX 360 and receive a Free Faceplate // Game available 8/29/06 // Faceplate available at time of game pickup

Now, I never knew CC even did preorders, but I think I'm going to bite on this because faceplates tend to be worth something down the line.

[quote name='Scorch']Well hell, if they're selling seperate, anyone wanna grab one for me?[/QUOTE]

No Circuit City's by you? If you can pay me back I'll see what I can do about getting you one, let me know by PM.

[quote name='nyprimus4']This got a 9.5 at Gamepro and I absolutely loved the demo. I'm preordering tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

I doubt many people even care about Gampro nowadays, but thanks for the score.

Stopped by CC and got the game and the faceplate. Totally not worth it on the faceplate. Its in one of those Pelican Faceplate Packaging. It does ring up at 9.99 and they discount it off of the game. You can't return the game and keep the faceplate for free. Faceplate is crappy Pelican quality.

[quote name='Sad Turtle']I don't understand how these people don't know what they are doing, I work at Circuit City and I know my stuff. If they are using a DPS system just as my store then be a smartass and tell him to go into screen #299 and he could reserve it from there. DPS system are the older computers in white, some have the new system called magellan and its in black, but i believe screen #299 will work in either one just tell him what to do.[/QUOTE]

Magellan systems have access to DPS screens as well.

My wife picked me up the game at Lunch today. SHe told me the store never accepted preorders and it was purely on a first come first serve basis for the plates. Yep 9.99 for the plate and 50.00 for the game. No complaints here, Im leaving that sucker in the package. I love collecting those things. :applause: The UK is getting a dead rising Plate :cry:

[quote name='seanr1221']Got the faceplate and used the CC 10% off coupon.

I think it looks pretty neat.[/QUOTE]

Yep, store I went to had two left... grabbed one for Scorch, I figure I'd grab one for myself since 360 fans go crazy over faceplates so it might make a nice "collectible".

Sure enough, the $9.99 faceplate is already $25 - $35 on Ebay, and it'll only go up in the future, since I believe it's a CC exclusive and once it's gone, it'll be gone for good.

Is it me, or does this just look like they gave you a faceplate with a Saint's Row faceplate decal on it, like the Best Buy Tomb Raider decal (minus faceplate), except they put the decal on a faceplate for you? Lame. I think it's ugly, too. I bought it, though. Even lamer! ;)

[quote name='bmarquardt']Is it me, or does this just look like they gave you a faceplate with a Saint's Row faceplate decal on it, like the Best Buy Tomb Raider decal (minus faceplate), except they put the decal on a faceplate for you? Lame. I think it's ugly, too. I bought it, though. Even lamer! ;)[/QUOTE]

You must have something completly different, my faceplate has a glossy finish to it and looks far better than all the other 3rd party faceplates I've seen.

[quote name='-Never4ever-']You must have something completly different, my faceplate has a glossy finish to it and looks far better than all the other 3rd party faceplates I've seen.[/quote]

de_1.JPG

[quote name='Trakan']
de_1.JPG
[/QUOTE]

Yes, that's what I have. I didn't open it, though, so that's where I might be mistaken, as I didn't get to fully inspect the finish/quality of it. I still think the characters on the right hand side look tacky (that guy with the blonde flatop reminds me of a reject from Color Me Bad and just creeps me out).

[quote name='bmarquardt']Yes, that's what I have. I didn't open it, though, so that's where I might be mistaken, as I didn't get to fully inspect the finish/quality of it. I still think the characters on the right hand side look tacky (that guy with the blonde flatop reminds me of a reject from Color Me Bad and just creeps me out).[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

I went there the day before launch and they were on the shelf for $10 (only 10 ) as per the sunday ad (min 10 per store). they wouldnt sell me the game and faceplate and let me get the game the next day :(

so I went to anther store the next day in NJ (where i was working at). they SUCKED. they didnt even have the game unpacked from the boxed yet at 10:30 AM! they were unaware of the deal at the cust svc counter, yet they have ALL the 360 games behind the counter there as I guess NJ is a crime theft area.

The girl was chatting on the phone with a friend and the other person helping me was too new to know what to do. I said let me pay for the game and pick it up when you unbox it. they didnt have the sku so they couldnt figure out how to do it.

She said I was looking upset. I went off and said that she (the more senior rep) seemed to not give a SH*T and I was purchasing a $60 game (not some discount $5 game)! she then started to try and work with me... jeesh sorry to make you do your job! :hot:

oh well, they called to the other store who had the game on the shelf but no faceplates left! I said see ... so I left my name and cell on a paper and had them tape it to a faceplate and call me when they finally unpacked the game. I would get it before the store closed!

end of long story, they called 1 hr later and said they had my game and wanted to know when I would get it. I said when do you close, then said I would be in before then :cool:

I like the new faceplate, it is gloss coated and surprisingly good quality. I thought the same when I saw pelican (cheap), but its a nice change from WHITE stock face of the system. the only thing is the two WHITE dots on the right side above the USB plugs which are like two holes in the guys face

[quote name='clueless']
I like the new faceplate, it is gloss coated and surprisingly good quality. I thought the same when I saw pelican (cheap), but its a nice change from WHITE stock face of the system. the only thing is the two WHITE dots on the right side above the USB plugs which are like two holes in the guys face[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's the only thing that bothered me about the faceplate.

[quote name='-Never4ever-']Yeah, that's the only thing that bothered me about the faceplate.[/QUOTE]
I made sure I got one without the dots punched out. So mine is solid!!:lol:

[quote name='-Never4ever-']Yeah, that's the only thing that bothered me about the faceplate.[/quote]

My Faceplate Doesn't have does white holes, they are colored in to match the rest of the faceplate.

bread's done
Back