Resident Evil 2 and 3 GC - Still Rare?

Theros

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I found a couple of copies of Resident Evil 2 GC for 29.99 and a whole bunch of copies of Resident Evil 3 GC for 34.99 at a local store. I was under the impression that these were fairly rare, and wanted to know if this was a good deal for picking them up. I also found a 2-pack of Resident Evil GC and Resident Evil 0 GC called "The Evil Pack" or something similar that was 29.99, and that seemed like a decent deal as well. Should I pick these up?

BTW, wasn't sure if this should go here or in Deal Discussion, so feel free to move if necessary.

I saw like 4 used copies in the cabinet at my gamestop so not as rare. But get this they are 39.99 used ha!

I want to pick them up, but they're definitely not worth $40 bucks each at this point... new or used.

Yeah, it's a lot less rare now... I remember it was exactly a year ago that RE2 got reprinted... and I remember enduring the wait for RE3 to get reprinted... good times. Err... anyway, the games are definitely still worth buying... I loved both of 'em despite their age.

at least wait for a buy 2 get 1 free sale or 1 for 1 then buy them. they are all over ebay and at almost any gamestop or eb games. i wouldn't touch them for that price unless i can get something else out of it. I'm sick of f*ing eb and gamestop jacking prices on what they feel are rare games. marvel vs. capcom 2 is $49.99, screw that crap!

so no, they are not rare so don't listen to this clown saying they are.

-paece out-

RE2/RE3 were both reprinted by gamequestdirect.com last year - you can get them there new for $40/$30, which isn't much more than Gamestop charges for used ones.

These used to be ultra rare - I remember before the reprint finding 1 sealed copy of each sitting in a CompUSA. Paid $60 for them and they fetched about $200 total on Ebay.

It's not just the rarity that drives up prices but also demand. The GC RE 2 and 3 were peaking as RE4 was being released. The combination of limited supply and increased demand pushed up the prices (to insane levels for PS1 retreads).

bread's done
Back