Resident Evil 2 (GC) Frys $29.95 YMMV

bboynujen

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
Just got back from Fry's Electronics in San Diego and found RE2 for the GC for $29.95. I asked a sales associate if he knew if the game has been reprinted because I haven't seen any at that store since RE2 was initially released. He of course just gave me a puzzled look and that was the end of that. There were four copies left...

Sorry if this has been posted already but I did a search and didn't find anything...

[quote name='bboynujen']Just got back from Fry's Electronics in San Diego and found RE2 for the GC for $29.95. I asked a sales associate if he knew if the game has been reprinted because I haven't seen any at that store since RE2 was initially released. He of course just gave me a puzzled look and that was the end of that. There were four copies left...

Sorry if this has been posted already but I did a search and didn't find anything...[/QUOTE]

It's worth noting that this is still a damn good game. I just finished it for the first time yesterday and loved it despite its age. Definitely a worthy purchase.

I saw it Thurs. at the Fry's in Oregon (this is at least the second time they've had it in the last 3 weeks), but it went up to $34.99 from $29.99.

It probably is a reprint. Been to a couple of Fry's in the Bay Area (Brokaw, Fremont, Sunnyvale) and they all had a couple of RE2's there. Bought 2 copies from the Fremont one about a month ago.

[quote name='TheRock88']It probably is a reprint. Been to a couple of Fry's in the Bay Area (Brokaw, Fremont, Sunnyvale) and they all had a couple of RE2's there. Bought 2 copies from the Fremont one about a month ago.[/QUOTE]

Dude, it is definitely a reprint. There is no doubt. Copies of RE 2 are everywhere online and RE 3 has recently become available again. Both the stores I asked and Capcom said that a small quantity had been reprinted. So it's no coincidence.

I guess that really does mean Capcom decided to reprint RE2 and RE3, for awhile when they were available online for the first time a lot of people here were debating if they game had been reprinted or not. I just checked eBay and it looks like prices have dropped significantly, I feel bad for the folks that forked over big $ to buy RE2 and 3...

saw RE2 and 3 at my local gamestore called gamesquare in orange county ca for $40 each, and they didnt have it like a month ago.

im guessing there were few reprints. not to mention the fact that it's going for less than $40 at ebay with buynow options

good thing i got RE3 for $30 last year and sold for $90 at ebay

bread's done
Back