Resident Evil 2 (NGC) Price raised to $49.99 :(

binici

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Hi,

Well I found a gold mine, www.gamequestdirect.com has 60 copies left and they are new and sealed! I couldn't believe my eyes :shock: when I read the info. This game company is well trusted and they are mostly in southern California. I ordered mine today, :D and should be receiving it no later than Friday.

Please ask any questions, and hurry before they are all gone!

BiNiCi

[quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='binici']Here is another pic from the side view... if you need a pic to show you the crease and sealed plastic let me know! :wink:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v34/binici/RE2side.jpg

Now... I can't wait to buy RE:4CE :p[/quote]

Alright, that's a Gamecube game, no question there.

Congrats to everyone who got in on it.[/quote]

Thanks for the picture binici. I Just picked up 2 copies like an hour ago, so they are still coming back in stock. I just hope that the game hasn't gone through reproduction like someone else mentioned earlier. That would just fry my balls.

[quote name='Santurio']That is really binici's pic

Which I congratulate and thank for the original post!![/quote]

Sorry for my mistake. Thanks Binici for the pic.

[quote name='RandyTsai'][quote name='Santurio']That is really binici's pic

Sorry for my mistake. Thanks Binici for the pic.[/quote]

No problems! I hope you all are gonna charish your copy as I will! :D

[quote name='binici'][quote name='RandyTsai'][quote name='Santurio']That is really binici's pic

Sorry for my mistake. Thanks Binici for the pic.[/quote]

No problems! I hope you all are gonna charish your copy as I will! :D[/quote]

Yah, I will charish it. Off to ebay it goes. jk

[quote name='secretvampire']They MUST have had a reprint of some sort...I mean, who just "finds" 200-300 copies of a game like this?[/quote]

I smell a reprint also.

[quote name='ajh2298'][quote name='secretvampire']They MUST have had a reprint of some sort...I mean, who just "finds" 200-300 copies of a game like this?[/quote]

I smell a reprint also.[/quote]

Definitely possible. I mean, the same thing happened like exactly a year ago with Skies of Arcadia Legends being reprinted. If Capcom reprints RE 2 and 3 for the Cube, I'll prolly buy 'em this time.

If there is a reprint and it starts showing up at stores/net for $20 (a la Skies of Arcadia), will all you guys who bought them for $40 try to return them?

Hopefully it's not a reprint and just a great find but the hoarders who bought 10 copies may be taught a valuable lesson if it does end up reprinted and at $20.

You'd think if this was a reprint there would be some news of it.

It may be that these guys just came across a warehouse that had a ton of these in stock and wanted to unload.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']You'd think if this was a reprint there would be some news of it.

It may be that these guys just came across a warehouse that had a ton of these in stock and wanted to unload.[/quote]

Was their ever any news of the Skies reprint untill after it happened?

Was their ever any news of the Skies reprint untill after it happened?

There was no news until after the fact.

Hum... but with Skies or Arcadia was there even a great demand for it?

Yes, Ebay prices had gotten pretty high for that title...I'm thinking a minimum of $40-50.

Showing up at a second site just seems to confirm it...the first place just got lucky getting their supply first.

[quote name='ajh2298'][quote name='Admiral Ackbar']You'd think if this was a reprint there would be some news of it.

It may be that these guys just came across a warehouse that had a ton of these in stock and wanted to unload.[/quote]

Was their ever any news of the Skies reprint untill after it happened?[/quote]

I thought there was.

[quote name='kiun']So... who bought more than 10 ?[/quote]

I don't have proof that anyone did order 10+ but I'm pretty sure some hoarders did. I think that it's a good lesson for them but for everyone else who ordered one or two copies, I think they've been scammed! :evil:

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']So what is the retail price of this. Should I bite at $32 shipped or wait till it shows up at best buy?[/quote]
When there was a reprint of Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo for PS1, it never hit the bigger chains (like BB or EB or Fry's), right? But Skies of Arcadia made it to the bigger chains. If this is a reprint, I wonder if it will be like the former or latter :\

There has been several discussion on what games are most likely to get a reprint from Capcom, and the RE seems the most likely. They did a reprint for Steel Battalion so it shouldnt be a shock. On the other hand you know they will never do a reprint for MvC2

[quote name='binici']Hum... but with Skies or Arcadia was there even a great demand for it?[/quote]

Yes, there was. The game cost upwards of $60 on Ebay a little more than a year ago.

And the $26 RE2 at Gameexpress.... fucking awesome.

A mod needs to either lock this topic or change the heading to "Cheaper at GameExpress" or something so that no one else gets taken.

[quote name='imakoodoode']its coming up as 49.99 not 39.99[/quote]

It was $39.99 yesterday. Go to gexpress.com though... they've got new copies for like $27.

I personally want it to go down to 20 and I'll buy it along with RE3.

Should we cause a stink with GameQuest so that we can return our copies for what we paid minus shipping? I bought two copies for $85 when I could've had them for $55.....

[quote name='PuNkNeB']Should we cause a stink with GameQuest so that we can return our copies for what we paid minus shipping? I bought two copies for $85 when I could've had them for $55.....[/quote]

No, you shouldn't cause a stink because they've done nothing wrong. They offered a product at a certain price and you bought it. It's not thier fault that you found out 2 days later that you could've bought it cheaper somewhere else. I'm not sure what their return policy is, but you shouldn't give them hell because you now wished you would have waited.

Just my 2 cents...

[quote name='Professor Oreo'][quote name='PuNkNeB']Should we cause a stink with GameQuest so that we can return our copies for what we paid minus shipping? I bought two copies for $85 when I could've had them for $55.....[/quote]

No, you shouldn't cause a stink because they've done nothing wrong. They offered a product at a certain price and you bought it. It's not thier fault that you found out 2 days later that you could've bought it cheaper somewhere else. I'm not sure what their return policy is, but you shouldn't give them hell because you now wished you would have waited.

Just my 2 cents...[/quote]

They do say in their Ebay auction though that they found some in a warehouse, only 60 available and then they're gone. That seems a little shady to me, lol!

[quote name='binici']Hum... but with Skies or Arcadia was there even a great demand for it?[/quote]

Is there a big demand for a port? (Well, it was on PS2-Dreamcast, and N64). The only reason there is such a high demand is because of RE4.

means i dont plan on playing it for a while anyways...ill give it a little bit before i open it, to see if there was a reprint (which i still doubt)...'cause if there was, i'm taking these back to gamequestdirect

(i bought 2 and 1 ninja five-o)

also, i looked at gamequest about 2 hours ago for a different game (that they had)....and while iw as at it, i searched for re2, which they didn't have at the time......bastards

looks like gameexpress only has 40?

Returning them and paying there 15% restocking fee? Your better off trying to sell them now on Ebay with a BIN of $49.99.

[quote name='gizmogc']Returning them and paying there 15% restocking fee? Your better off trying to sell them now on Ebay with a BIN of $49.99.[/quote]

well im not too worried about it....because to me, the game is worth $40...so i dont mind it too much

but there 15% restocking fee would cost $6? so if i gave it back to them and if it was a reprint...say best buy sells them for 20, 15 after the ggc....id still get $34 back from GQ and id be able to buy two at best buy for that price, without having to rip off anybody on ebay....i dunno, i still doubt its a reprint

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']also, i looked at gamequest about 2 hours ago for a different game (that they had)....and while iw as at it, i searched for re2, which they didn't have at the time......bastards

looks like gameexpress only has 40?[/quote]

They limit quantities to 40 per game/per order it seems, I tried with some other games in cart, and I couldn't put more than 40 of anything in.

bread's done
Back