Resident Evil 2 (NGC) Price raised to $49.99 :(

binici

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Hi,

Well I found a gold mine, www.gamequestdirect.com has 60 copies left and they are new and sealed! I couldn't believe my eyes :shock: when I read the info. This game company is well trusted and they are mostly in southern California. I ordered mine today, :D and should be receiving it no later than Friday.

Please ask any questions, and hurry before they are all gone!

BiNiCi

[quote name='binici'][quote name='secretvampire']87 in stock currently. I like how some people are still trying to convince themselves that this isn't some sort of a reprint. Especially with the other store selling it, and it showing up on wholeseller lists again.[/quote]

The other site is OOS, and only had limited quantities, and show me some proof about other stores receiving the game from wholesellers, or distributors. :!:

I honestly think it was just a good find by both companies, because I personally called a few big name places, and they said they have no info about a re-print, but then again lots of people don't know jack![/quote]

At least 2 CAG were able to confirm that wholesellers are getting more copies.

[quote name='62t'][quote name='binici'][quote name='secretvampire']87 in stock currently. I like how some people are still trying to convince themselves that this isn't some sort of a reprint. Especially with the other store selling it, and it showing up on wholeseller lists again.[/quote]

The other site is OOS, and only had limited quantities, and show me some proof about other stores receiving the game from wholesellers, or distributors. :!:

I honestly think it was just a good find by both companies, because I personally called a few big name places, and they said they have no info about a re-print, but then again lots of people don't know jack![/quote]

At least 2 CAG were able to confirm that wholesellers are getting more copies.[/quote]

What's MSRP, then? $19.99 or $29.99?

I would have killed for the RE collection to come to the US, but it never happended. Bleh.

I got my copy today, It's sealed, I didn't open it but it looks legit.

Now I'm just searching for good sales on CV and RE3.

[quote name='gizmogc']I can get a used CV for $29.99 at my local Blockbuster if anyone is interested.[/quote]

Nice deal, but my CC has one copy for $19.95 check if your CC has one or two in-stock, also Fry's has those in-stock, I checked yesterday.

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']received my package today....WooHoo

now who wants to buy the extra one that i ordered for $100? :lol:[/quote]

can you check on the back if it says 2005?

My copy will be here any minute.

If it was a reprint wouldn't it have a 2005 date on the back????

Got mine today as well. 2002 is the most recent year on the back of the box. Reprint or no, I've got one and I only need Nemesis to complete my collection :)

These aren't reprints. People are just trying to piss on our parades.

[quote name='mmercer131']These aren't reprints. People are just trying to piss on our parades.[/quote]

That's exactly what I was thinking, but I'm trying to be nice :lol:

My copy just arrived today. I didn't expect it to get here so fast (I'm in Atlanta) - I ordered Monday night and they upgraded me to 2nd-day air for free. Thanks OP!

I just called Capcom's customer service number. The guy was really cool and said that they have been sold out of RE2 for a while and there has DEFINITELY NOT BEEN A REPRINT. BUT he also said that Capcom is considering a reprint in the next, what he thought to be, 3-4 months. So if you bought them to sell you might want to do it now before the reprint, IF they do one.
Hope this helps and puts some minds at ease. :D

Just got my copies today....it says 2002 on the back, but there is also a www.residentevil.com URL on the back of the package that I don't remember being there when I used to own the game.....can anyone confirm that old(?) copies have this URL on the back as well? I checked out all of my other RE Gamecube games (0,1, CV), and none of them have it.....

[quote name='PuNkNeB'].....can anyone confirm that old(?) copies have this URL on the back as well? I checked out all of my other RE Gamecube games (0,1, CV), and none of them have it.....[/quote]

I've got both RE2 and RE3:Nemesis that I picked up a little while ago and they both have that on the back.

Who cares if it's a reprint?

I could care less if it's a reprint, I'm not trying to piss on anybody's parade. I could have (and still could) get in on this deal, it's not like it's out of stock and I'm crying sour grapes. I just get a laugh out of everyone holding their breath to see if they are going to have to return all their extra copies since they won't be turning them over for $100 each on Ebay like they thought. I think it's fantastic that a lot of gamers who couldn't afford the inflated prices before can get ahold of this title now.

Personally I just like collecting hard to find games that are still sealed and not reprints. Didn't mean to offend anyone, If I did, with the "piss on our parade" comment.

[quote name='secretvampire']
Who cares if it's a reprint?

I could care less if it's a reprint, I'm not trying to piss on anybody's parade. I could have (and still could) get in on this deal, it's not like it's out of stock and I'm crying sour grapes. I just get a laugh out of everyone holding their breath to see if they are going to have to return all their extra copies since they won't be turning them over for $100 each on Ebay like they thought. I think it's fantastic that a lot of gamers who couldn't afford the inflated prices before can get ahold of this title now.[/quote]

Gamers who wanted to get ahold of this title could have already done so on the ps2, DC, and N64. The people who pay the inflated price for the GCN version of this game deserve what they get as far as I'm concerned. If they cared about the gameplay, they would've played it already. There are cheaper ways to play an identical version of this game.

Collectors want this for collectability's sake, and that's fine. Hell, I consider myself a collector (although RE2 is not on my list of things to get). But collectors should expect to pay more if they want something rare. Make no mistake, gamers aren't getting the shaft from people selling these on ebay, but rather the diehard collectors and RE fans.

[quote name='masha'][quote name='The Successful Dropout']received my package today....WooHoo

now who wants to buy the extra one that i ordered for $100? :lol:[/quote]

can you check on the back if it says 2005?

My copy will be here any minute.[/quote]

the latest year that it says is 2002

:oops: someone already answered that

Sweet crap that was fast!

I placed my order wednesday night at like 9ish and I got my order today! (2x RE2, 1 Cubivore, and 1 Ninja 5-0)

The RE2's look exactly like the one I got a year ago so I'm not sure if it is a reprint.....

Gamers who wanted to get ahold of this title could have already done so on the ps2, DC, and N64. The people who pay the inflated price for the GCN version of this game deserve what they get as far as I'm concerned. If they cared about the gameplay, they would've played it already. There are cheaper ways to play an identical version of this game.

Heheh, now THAT is a whole 'nuther topic. I totally agree with you, you could buy a Dreamcast system + RE2 for way less than the GC version, and have an identical gaming experience. :)

Got mine in the mail today. Not looking to turn a profit, just happy to be one step closer to completing my RE on the GCN collection.

[quote name='onikage']So these aren't reprints then, reprints would have a current date.[/quote]
Not necessarily. Like someone already said, Skies of Arcadia was a straight reprint, no changes to the info on the back.

[quote name='JAMMR'][quote name='onikage']So these aren't reprints then, reprints would have a current date.[/quote]
Not necessarily. Like someone already said, Skies of Arcadia was a straight reprint, no changes to the info on the back.[/quote]

Lol. Basically, nobody knows if it's a reprint or not, but I think it is since there's simply too many stores getting copies of this game (like 3 or something) for this to be a mere coincidence.

Lol. Basically, nobody knows if it's a reprint or not, but I think it is since there's simply too many stores getting copies of this game (like 3 or something) for this to be a mere coincidence.

Heheh...that is exactly what I've been trying to say! :D

thanks guys, i believe we established it wasn't a reprint many, many posts ago.

:rofl: Good work guys, you did exactly as I expected - you flooded ebay. Sealed copies are going for between $45 and $60. That's a pretty significant decrease. Good work, binici. How does it feel? You've changed the history of RE2 auctions on ebay. That's awesome.

It's only sure to go lower. If you've got RE3 in the auction, however, it still hits the triple digits. I'll grab this one when it's cheap then make an auction for all 6 :D (0, REMake, 2, 3, Code Veronica, 4)

[quote name='Scorch']thanks guys, i believe we established it wasn't a reprint many, many posts ago.

:rofl: Good work guys, you did exactly as I expected - you flooded ebay. Sealed copies are going for between $45 and $60. That's a pretty significant decrease. Good work, binici. How does it feel? You've changed the history of RE2 auctions on ebay. That's awesome.

It's only sure to go lower. If you've got RE3 in the auction, however, it still hits the triple digits. I'll grab this one when it's cheap then make an auction for all 6 :D (0, REMake, 2, 3, Code Veronica, 4)[/quote]

:lol: I think it's kind of funny too. A lot of you guys couldn't leave it to somebody who wanted to play it! Most of you just wanted to ebay it...

[quote name='Akkis99']wlel i was considering playing it. Im not really into re games. But do you think its worth trying out?[/quote]

It's the best in the series, IMO. I wouldn't play the GC version, obviously, but I'd like it for my collection. I played through it multiple, multiple times on the PS1 and PC, playing as both characters. The soundtrack is solid gold. I imported it direct from Japan, ripped it to the PC, and love every second of it. RE4 was a great action game, but for some reason, i'd pick RE2 every time over it.

[quote name='Akkis99']wlel i was considering playing it. Im not really into re games. But do you think its worth trying out?[/quote]

RE2 is the best in the series (well, excluding 4) so yeah, you should definitely give it a play. GC isn't really the console of choice for the game though...

[quote name='Scorch']thanks guys, i believe we established it wasn't a reprint many, many posts ago.

It's only sure to go lower. If you've got RE3 in the auction, however, it still hits the triple digits. I'll grab this one when it's cheap then make an auction for all 6 :D (0, REMake, 2, 3, Code Veronica, 4)[/quote]

I personally wanted it just to complete my RE collection for cube, I would never consider selling them unless I was unable to find a working cube, and I doubt that will ever happen.

Personally theres SLIGHT profit to be held down the road, not $100 anymore obviously, but once all the gamequest and other retailer copys are out, the game is bound to be low in NEW condition again, I would expect the copies to go to $65ish again in about five months, but they won't reach their $90-$100 peak they had. I regret not buying these games when I had the chance for $30 at Mediaplay, they had 12 of each copy and I figured they would drop to $20... never happended and the mediaplay closed down.

I'm a fan of the RE series, but mainly RE4, and I enjoyed RE2 with my short time I spent with it on the PSone. I think I'll be happy with my purchase.

[quote name='Akkis99']so how exactly do we know it isnt a reprint?[/quote]

Well some guy said that they talked to Capcom's Customer Support and the guy said that they didn't reprint it... well I'm personally calling BS on that Capcom guy. I found yet another store that has the game in now (albeit for $40). chipsbits.com. Bitches.

[quote name='Chacrana'][quote name='Akkis99']so how exactly do we know it isnt a reprint?[/quote]

Well some guy said that they talked to Capcom's Customer Support and the guy said that they didn't reprint it... well I'm personally calling BS on that Capcom guy. I found yet another store that has the game in now (albeit for $40). chipsbits.com. Bitches.[/quote]

These things are just popping up everywhere :D

[quote name='Chacrana'][quote name='Akkis99']so how exactly do we know it isnt a reprint?[/quote]

Well some guy said that they talked to Capcom's Customer Support and the guy said that they didn't reprint it... well I'm personally calling BS on that Capcom guy. I found yet another store that has the game in now (albeit for $40). chipsbits.com. Bitches.[/quote]

wholesalebyus.com has it for $42.50 shipped - right back at ya, bitch :wink:

i still don't think that its a reprint.....my assumption is that a bunch of stores jumped on this game when they saw that it was available for ordering after a pallet or so were found in a warehouse somewhere

by the way, i found that site through the cagrabber

bread's done
Back