Resident Evil 4 Wii - $19.99 on Black Friday! 750,000 copies sold around the globe!

Thats the route I think I'm going, 17.99 @ buy.com via GCO since I've never used it and picking up Godfather via a walmart GC.

[quote name='Foladar']Thats the route I think I'm going, 17.99 @ buy.com via GCO since I've never used it and picking up Godfather via a walmart GC.[/quote]

i just went to buy.com and its 28.99.. how did u got it for 17?

thanks

This may be a stupid question and flame me if you want but what does GCO stand for?

Also I loved this game and am playing through some extra features right now. It is really awesome but I have so many games backlogged (although unlike the last few posts i did throw in and beat Zelda TP as soon as I got my wii) to replay it. Plus I borrowed it (and paper mario: wii) from a furry little man named pistol pete so i have to get them back to him.

Does anyone think this "Wii Pistol" would work well with this game..? I know these little shells are pointless and all..but it looks neat! It's NOT one of them shells where the Wii Remote & Nunchuck are together (Mmm like that OFFICIAL Nintendo Wii Zapper that looks like a Tommy Gun..i WANT THAT!!)..but this is a "Gun" with the Nunchuck....so, I'm thinking: Would this work well?!

Any sort of shell would make it hard to use the knife. Also, shooting things would be hard since you use the B button to aim and the A button to fire.

[quote name='MisterHand']Any sort of shell would make it hard to use the knife. Also, shooting things would be hard since you use the B button to aim and the A button to fire.[/QUOTE]

Shit.
So I guess w/ all of these "Wii Gun" shells.. none of them work well for ANY game out yet..?

I think that's why Nintendo will probably release their Zapper when RE: UC hits..the trailer w/ that gun just looks so much cooler!!

I just beat seperate ways last night,
it was cool being able to see the story from ada's perspective.

I just wish there was an easy way to get the Handcannon. I dont have the patience or time to fiddle with 5x5 for the Mercenaries game.

[quote name='foltzie']I just wish there was an easy way to get the Handcannon. I dont have the patience or time to fiddle with 5x5 for the Mercenaries game.[/quote]

Get an SD card and download a save from the net.

[quote name='Zen Davis']Get an SD card and download a save from the net.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I'm thinking I may do that eventually too. For some reason I just didn't get in Mercs (on the Cube) and don't really wanna play it now.

I'm on my 3rd play through on the Wii and have the CT unlocked so I'm not sure I'd even use the HC anyways.

Well I finally broke down and bought this game from buy.com w/ $10 dollars off and free shipping. The total? 18 dollars and 82 cents. Thought I did pretty darn good.

[quote name='Zen Davis']Get an SD card and download a save from the net.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but I would have to mess with saving my RE4 save off the Wii and plugging t his one in...

Just a hassle, but to be honest I'm not missing the Handcannon too much since I can, and have, aquired the Chicago Typewriter and Infinite Rocket Launcher.

Those two items rock.

Additionally, I have to give Capcom credit, I just played the Pro mode starting this past week, and the damn thing is tough... I fear to find out how many times I was killed when the game totals things up at the end. Although I do take solace in the Ashley knight costume. I have taken to using her a bait in this nigh invincible state.

Finally, shaq-fu the Regenerators/Iron Maidens in the Pro mode.

With 750,000 copies sold worldwide of the third port of a game, I would hope Capcom is considering bringing more RE4 style games to the Wii.

hmm... 19.99 for a game that lets see I have copies for the NGC, PS2(later sold it), and the PC (which is graphically superior thanks to the mods for it). It *might* be worth it once the Wii - Zapper comes out.

Except for the fact that the Zapper will be utterly useless with the game.

Scroll up, it's actually on this page. Reading is fundamental. ;)

[quote name='ITDEFX']hmm... 19.99 for a game that lets see I have copies for the NGC, PS2(later sold it), and the PC (which is graphically superior thanks to the mods for it). It *might* be worth it once the Wii - Zapper comes out.[/quote]

Except for the fact that the Zapper will be utterly useless with the game.

Scroll up, it's actually on this page. Reading is fundamental. ;)

Picked this game up today.

Yeah, I'm a bit late, but I'm finally enjoying this fantastic title.

Any tips? I'm pretty new, so I can use all the help figuring out the controls and what useful info regarding them I should be privy to.

[quote name='PyroGamer']Picked this game up today.

Yeah, I'm a bit late, but I'm finally enjoying this fantastic title.

Any tips? I'm pretty new, so I can use all the help figuring out the controls and what useful info regarding them I should be privy to.[/quote]
The game has a very precise and deep shooting mechanic. Get the hang of what happens when you shoot enemies in various positions. Note that you can do A-button action attacks when you headshot and stagger a foe. You are invinicible during this animation, and it staggers most enemies around. This is the sort of thing that can get you through mobs.

The first battle in the village WILL kill you at least a dozen times. It is without a doubt the hardest part in the game. You are not doing it wrong if you keep dying.

EDIT: This game was originally balanced for the Gamecube controller. Scoring constant headshots was not SUPPOSED to happen, so playing it with the Wii remote will make things a great deal easier, but Gamecube/Classic controller is viable for a more "pure" experience, if that's your bag.

Have this coming to me from bb.com, can't wait. I have it for the GC, but kept getting sidetracked, I'll definitely play through it over the Xmas break.

I went into my bestbuy at around 5PM. They still had maybe 20 copies of this game =/ I don't think anyone bought it! I picked up a copy for $16 using that $5 off coupon. I still haven't opened RE4 for the GC. Hopefully I actually open the Wii copy.

Thanks for the tips, RollingSkull.

[quote name='RollingSkull']The game has a very precise and deep shooting mechanic. Get the hang of what happens when you shoot enemies in various positions. Note that you can do A-button action attacks when you headshot and stagger a foe. You are invinicible during this animation, and it staggers most enemies around. This is the sort of thing that can get you through mobs.[/quote]Yeah, once I worked out that I will NOT be getting ANY more ammo, I kind of got the hang of that myself. Also learned that THE KNIFE IS YOUR FRIEND.

The first battle in the village WILL kill you at least a dozen times. It is without a doubt the hardest part in the game. You are not doing it wrong if you keep dying.
Seriously? Yeah, it was pretty crazy: I died four times, but mostly because I had no idea what I was doing with the camera. Right now I'm a bit more comfortable with 180's and using the D-pad and controlling myself in tight corners with multiple enemies. Hopefully that's the hardest part in the game simply because the difficulty curve is gradual.

EDIT: This game was originally balanced for the Gamecube controller. Scoring constant headshots was not SUPPOSED to happen, so playing it with the Wii remote will make things a great deal easier, but Gamecube/Classic controller is viable for a more "pure" experience, if that's your bag.
I should try that. Haven't been using the GC controller I bought for much at all in a while.

Thanks again.

Oh, you'll get plenty of ammo after a while, but for now, headshot-kick-knifeknifeknifeknifeknifeknife is your friend, gay lover, and blood donor.

[quote name='RollingSkull']Oh, you'll get plenty of ammo after a while, but for now, headshot-kick-knifeknifeknifeknifeknifeknife is your friend, gay lover, and blood donor.[/QUOTE]
If he's all that, then I hope headshot-kick-knifeknifeknifeknifeknifeknife isn't HIV positive from all that bloody knife-stabbing...

i was extremely close to buying this at bb for 19.99.... then decided against it.

I already have it for the GC, the PC and for a time the PS2. I already beaten the GC and PC versions multiple times...already did the the Ada missions so despite the perfect headshots, at this time I see no reason to pick up ANOTHER copy of this game since nothing really new is added.

[quote name='ITDEFX']i was extremely close to buying this at bb for 19.99.... then decided against it.

I already have it for the GC, the PC and for a time the PS2. I already beaten the GC and PC versions multiple times...already did the the Ada missions so despite the perfect headshots, at this time I see no reason to pick up ANOTHER copy of this game since nothing really new is added.[/QUOTE]

wii controls make this game entirely different, it was a whole new experience for me even after playing the GC and PS2 versions.

I agree, it's a completely different game. I quit playing the GC version because it was too difficult for my old man hands to target efficiently with an analog stick. The point and shoot really makes the game a more enjoyable run-and-gun shooter. It perfectly immerses you into the game. This is my favorite Wii game to date.

I just don't believe the village in the first part of the game is the hardest part. I'm in the middle of chapter 5 and having a hell of a time trying to flatten the meat puppets in the laboratory level. I had to quit a few days ago from frustration.

So I recently finished RE4 and yeah, it is completely awesome. I had not previously played any of the RE games and in fact, the Wii is my first gaming system since the SNES. I've currently loaned RE4 to a friend of mine and he is enjoying it too! I've only played thru the main game once, and as soon as I get it back I will be playing the additional games and will probably play thru it again on normal before I give Pro a try!

What I was wondering is this: is it worth picking up any of the GameCube versions to play on the Wii? If so, which ones are best?

And yes, I am considering picking up Umbrella Chronicles but wish it was 30 instead of 50 (but that is true of all the games!).

Like others, I found the village at the start a little difficult since I was getting adjusted to the game. I also managed to get killed a few times locked up in the house with Luis with Ganados attacking from all sides. And earlier, after fighting El Gigante and headed back to the church I got killed because I didn't expect the 3 attacking dogs! Overall I found the game to be awesome and the controls excellent!

I just picked this up from Goozex looking forward to putting some time into it along the break. I played some of it for the PS2 I really loved it just had no time to finished it. So I sold it and took the money. I really hope it doesn't get to hard. Hard games really turn me off.

[quote name='qbkorso']I just picked this up from Goozex looking forward to putting some time into it along the break. I played some of it for the PS2 I really loved it just had no time to finished it. So I sold it and took the money. I really hope it doesn't get to hard. Hard games really turn me off.[/quote]

I beat the PS2 version when it came out, and while there are some parts that can be aggravating, overall, the game isn't too hard.

[quote name='texasnightowl']So I recently finished RE4 and yeah, it is completely awesome. I had not previously played any of the RE games and in fact, the Wii is my first gaming system since the SNES. I've currently loaned RE4 to a friend of mine and he is enjoying it too! I've only played thru the main game once, and as soon as I get it back I will be playing the additional games and will probably play thru it again on normal before I give Pro a try!

What I was wondering is this: is it worth picking up any of the GameCube versions to play on the Wii? If so, which ones are best?

And yes, I am considering picking up Umbrella Chronicles but wish it was 30 instead of 50 (but that is true of all the games!).

Like others, I found the village at the start a little difficult since I was getting adjusted to the game. I also managed to get killed a few times locked up in the house with Luis with Ganados attacking from all sides. And earlier, after fighting El Gigante and headed back to the church I got killed because I didn't expect the 3 attacking dogs! Overall I found the game to be awesome and the controls excellent![/quote]

The other RE games are nothing like RE4.

RE2 and 3 for the GC are straight ports, if memory serves, with period graphics and everything. RE1 or RE0 are probably the only ones you need to play.

Though, you should notice: RE4 was an excellent third-person-shooter, not a survival horror game. All the other REs, except for UC, are more survival horror games.

bread's done
Back