Resident Evil 4 (Wii) $19 W/ GCO

great deal, time to trade in my gamecube version...if the tradeinwiki is right then ill get $7 store credit (7.70 with card) so its like its only $12 for me yay!!

From now on, please abbreviate Google Checkout as "GCO" to avoid confusion with "Gift Card."

Unlike in the beginning, GCO is not available to people who have already used it. Basically, the thread title sounded like RE4 Wii is $29 - $10 Gift Card = $19 + $10 Gift Card at an un-named retailer.

[quote name='CZroe']From now on, please abbreviate Google Checkout as "GCO" to avoid confusion with "Gift Card."

Unlike in the beginning, GCO is not available to people who have already used it. Basically, the thread title sounded like RE4 Wii is $29 - $10 Gift Card = $19 + $10 Gift Card at an un-named retailer.[/quote]

If you have Paypal, you can download their virtual debit card and it generates a new card everytime you check out. That, and quickly signing up for a new email everytime you go too purchase, while a pain, saves $10. That's good enough reason for me.

[quote name='bassec']If you have Paypal, you can download their virtual debit card and it generates a new card everytime you check out. That, and quickly signing up for a new email everytime you go too purchase, while a pain, saves $10. That's good enough reason for me.[/QUOTE]

My brother works at a local ISP and I can get as many as I want. Awesome info! Thanks. I do carry a PP debit card, but it didn't have that feature when they first issued it. I'll check the site.

[quote name='CZroe']My brother works at a local ISP and I can get as many as I want. [/quote]

I don't follow. What does working at an ISP have anything to do with virtual debit cards?

[quote name='bassec']If you have Paypal, you can download their virtual debit card and it generates a new card everytime you check out. That, and quickly signing up for a new email everytime you go too purchase, while a pain, saves $10. That's good enough reason for me.[/quote]
I thought you couldn't use the paypal virtual debit card for Google Checkout because it doesn't generate a CVC number.

[quote name='doc005']I thought you couldn't use the paypal virtual debit card for Google Checkout because it doesn't generate a CVC number.[/quote]

It does, as I stated in the other thread. I have it up right now and it gives a CC number, exp date and a CVC number.

[quote name='doc005']Where is it? I don't see it on there[/quote]
You downloaded the computer application, yes? It's right next to the expiration date, and it makes me think your in the wrong place if you can't see it as it's extremely easy to see on the page I'm on.

That little PP window pops up with all the info you need. I blacked out all but the CVC.

[quote name='doc005']Oh ok. I was using the one they have implemented onto there site.[/quote]

Yeah, gotta download the application.

[quote name='bassec']I don't follow. What does working at an ISP have anything to do with virtual debit cards?[/QUOTE]
Note that there were two requirements. One was a new email address for each order. Often, using non-ISP "freemail" addresses for such things doesn't work. I'm not saying GCO doesn't work with Hotmail and the like (I've been using Hotmail), but it's much easier to just make them all at once for current and future use and keep track of them them in a speadsheet/database.

By the way, I was under the impression that you couldn't simply sign up for a new GCO account because they were now requiring a new address?

I mean, they'll see that there are 20+ orders going to the same address regardless of the cards and email addresses used, right?

[quote name='bassec']If you have Paypal, you can download their virtual debit card and it generates a new card everytime you check out. That, and quickly signing up for a new email everytime you go too purchase, while a pain, saves $10. That's good enough reason for me.[/QUOTE]

That doesn't work for me anymore, I think they cracked down on most of the people who did this way back when.

[quote name='bassec']You downloaded the computer application, yes? It's right next to the expiration date, and it makes me think your in the wrong place if you can't see it as it's extremely easy to see on the page I'm on.

That little PP window pops up with all the info you need. I blacked out all but the CVC.[/QUOTE]
Normally, you can hold "ALT" when pressing PrtScr to capture JUST the active window. Not sure if it works with that specific dialog, but just in case you didn't know I'll put that out there. ;)

[quote name='phantomfriar2002']That doesn't work for me anymore, I think they cracked down on most of the people who did this way back when.[/QUOTE]
DAMN!

[quote name='Vinny']Yeah, I can't do it anymore either...[/quote]

You tried using a different email account and a different CC on each order?

[quote name='TehTriggerman']When ordering Red Star I re-entered a new account but used the same debit card..that should work shouldnt it?[/quote]

No. You need a new card AND a new email account.

[quote name='bassec']You tried using a different email account and a different CC on each order?[/quote]

Yeah I think they blacklist by more than just the credit card now.

[quote name='dastly75']Yeah I think they blacklist by more than just the credit card now.[/QUOTE]

They do. I gave up about a month ago, even with using new virtual CC's and email addresses the orders were canceled.

Ok, it actually worked. I used a new email and an old debit card but it went through.

Whatever, lets see if this actually gets here. Though I've played the original to death, $19 for this is too good to pass up.

I can wait on this, I don't want to burn a GCO for a game I know I'll be able to get for $20 new (or less) within a year anyway. Not like I haven't played this game before >_>

Thanks OP. It worked for me. Total came to $18.99 with the same old address (and possibly credit card) as the last time I used GCO when they had the unlimited (one per store) GCO deal. The free budget shipping takes 7-9 days which is a bit of a bummer, but I'll take it to get the game for at least $6-7 less than I would have expected.

I was going to try this, but I ran into the same problem I've run into before: I can't get Google Checkout to work on Buy.com.

No problems with GCO elsewhere, just on Buy.com. Using Firefox I get a blank screen once I try to go to Google Checkout. Using IE I get a server error or an IE generic error page.

Does anybody know why? I'm running SpywareBlaster and Kerio, but I can normally tell when these interfere with a page, and this is different. I also tried disabling SpywareBlaster, but no effect.

Not sure, I've always used GCO with Buy.com.

I guess Google is cracking down on people using the $10.00 off multiple times, a shame really. I better not risk it, I don't want Google jumping on my ass.

Damn, looks like they are on to me again as I've had two orders canceled (one for Odin Sphere and one for RE4 Wii).

Man, I can't even get the discount to show up before I submit my order after I sign up for a new account...lol. Let alone them cancel it after I place it. How blacklisted am I?

WTF!! I just checked my account and GCO charged me 3 fucking times already!?! I only placed two orders yet they charged me three times? The hell is this shit?

Plus, for every GCO transaction, there's a $1 charge on my account. Damn this is retarded. And it'll take a 5 business days for them to return my money.

[quote name='Vinny']WTF!! I just checked my account and GCO charged me 3 fucking times already!?! I only placed two orders yet they charged me three times? The hell is this shit?

Plus, for every GCO transaction, there's a $1 charge on my account. Damn this is retarded. And it'll take a 5 business days for them to return my money.[/quote]

Talk about a seriously screwed up order.

Stop factoring google checkout into deals. Nearly everybody here has used it already and it's fraud to use it multiple times. You really don't think google can tell you're creating multiple accounts when they all ship to the same address? Good luck for now but don't be surprised when your google checkout account and all gmail accounts (if you used any) are all suspended.

Thanks OP! Just placed my order and I'm selling my old GCN copy to a friend for 5 bucks, so this is only gonna be $15 for me.

I used GCO once in the past but it was a long time ago and they still took $10 off my order - I guess I used a different card or they didn't keep track of the accounts back then.

thanks op. i was going to pick this up recently at the eb buy2g1 used sale, but i'm happy i didn't. I love this game. My personal favorite of last gen

OK, I'm going to try this. My brother used GCO with my address one or two times long ago before Google started retricting it to anything other than 1-per-email. Does this mean I can likely get one more sent to my address just because this was before "the crackdown?" What measures should I take to minimize the chances of it getting canceled?

bread's done
Back