Resident evil 4(Wii) - $8.99 @ Newegg, $9.99 @ Amazon

Is it easier to get used to the Wii controls after awhile? I played the first portion of this game (the village part, just after Leon initially discovers everybody is infected). I've played through the :gc: version 5 or 6 times, and really liked that version.

[quote name='skateraXVIII']Is it easier to get used to the Wii controls after awhile? I played the first portion of this game (the village part, just after Leon initially discovers everybody is infected). I've played through the :gc: version 5 or 6 times, and really liked that version.[/QUOTE]

I have the same exact question.

[quote name='skateraXVIII']Is it easier to get used to the Wii controls after awhile? I played the first portion of this game (the village part, just after Leon initially discovers everybody is infected). I've played through the :gc: version 5 or 6 times, and really liked that version.[/QUOTE]

Eventually, yes. I also had beaten the gamecube version a number of times, and although I preferred the controller to the wiimote/nunchuck combination, playing in 480p made up for it. I only wish Capcom would up-res or remake this again for PS3 - it's my favorite game of the last 5-7 years.

It takes a little while to get use to, but once you get use to it, it seems more fluid than the GC version.

I gotta say I hate Wii controls on FPS games, only because moving the cursor to outside of the view never actually works fluently for me, but this game was very good.
It takes awhile to get used to, but once you get it you will enjoy more than you would have enjoyed with any other versions of this game.

This is one of those game that you need to enjoy if you call yourself a gamer. Ocarina of Time, Bioshock and this.
For $9, I'd say it's really a good deal.

Passed it up for 10$ or whatever it was on amazon recently, but I figured $9 was a sign for me to get off my arse and buy it. Went ahead and ordered a copy, since this is considered by many to be one of the greatest games last generation. =P

Also, will definitely be playing through with classic controller in hand. (Or attempting anyway) Would rather not use the pointing interface if i can help it.

Yes and using the Wii remote actually makes the game a lot easier because of the fast and precise aiming. Or you could hook up the Classic Controller pro and play the game like that.

[quote name='coolz481']Eventually, yes. I also had beaten the gamecube version a number of times, and although I preferred the controller to the wiimote/nunchuck combination, playing in 480p made up for it. I only wish Capcom would up-res or remake this again for PS3 - it's my favorite game of the last 5-7 years.[/QUOTE]

This. I don't even know how many times I played through this game (on gamecube), but I think it's time to start again.

This game is infinitely better with Wii controls. I think I had over 95% shooting accuracy with the Wiimote without even trying to be that accurate.

[quote name='coolz481']I also had beaten the gamecube version a number of times, and although I preferred the controller to the wiimote/nunchuck combination, playing in 480p made up for it. [/QUOTE]

Wasn't the gamecube version played through component cable also in 480p? Did the wii version look noticeably better even than that?

[quote name='CENNY']Wasn't the gamecube version played through component cable also in 480p? Did the wii version look noticeably better even than that?[/QUOTE]

I don't recall if the RE4 on Gamecube itself was playable in 480p, but I know that Nintendo removed the component connection from the Cube hardware itself later in its lifespan. I had one of the cubes that lacked the connection. One of my favorite things about the Wii when I got it at launch is that I could play several Gamecube games like Chibi Robo and F-Zero GX in progressive scan for the first time and the difference was amazing! Of course, I'm a little spoiled with 720p-1080p on PS3 now.

[quote name='CENNY']Wasn't the gamecube version played through component cable also in 480p? Did the wii version look noticeably better even than that?[/QUOTE]

I can't speak to the Wii version, but RE4 could be played in 480p with GC component cables.

[quote name='BargainGamer']Never played this game, is it worth it? Probably an yes![/QUOTE]

Definitely a yes! lol the only version I don't own of this game is the PC one (now that I bought the Wii version for $8.99 early yesterday @ Amazon). Very awesome game!

Yeah, both versions support 480p (I think the wii version also has 16:9 widescreen support). The wii and gamecube version basically look the same (wii has easier aiming controls and additional content, primarily the Ada Separate Ways scenario, which is also available on the ps2 & pc versions).

I played through the GameCube and PS2 version multiple times. When I got the Wii version, I was able to unlock the Handcannon due to the motion controls.

Now, I am using the PS3 MOVE controls on RE5:Gold Edition and it is pretty good. However, I am now realizing how much more FUN RE4 is compared to RE5. Bummer.

bread's done
Back