Resident Evil 5 $79.99 and $53.99 at NewEgg FREE SHIPPING

Newegg shipped this out yesterday for me...very nice. I used the cashback from Live.com for like 2 bucks and change extra off.

I'm in for the standard version (PS3), I also think the extras included with the collectors edition aren't worth it. Thanks OP!!

[quote name='Vinny']Damn, that's too bad to hear... especially the figure, I was hoping it was worth $10 at least.[/quote]

But, again, I said it was just my opinion.

It's NOT what the company said what it actually costs.

I am pretty sure, Capcom would boast that it would cost $100+ value, or $50+ at least...

But, if you goto any store and look at action figures. A lot of them are just like $5.99-6.99

Then again, I've bought Action figures over $10 too!

Well, I guess I think this combo is Actually worth $30.

Search Amazon that a lot of these kinds of items are higher than the price I gave!

I am HAPPY to get this CE!!! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SolidMGSnake']Wow, thanks for posting you saved me money! I really want that collectors edition- but amazon charged me $97 bux for it! Its because they charge tax in NY which sucks, but heres Newegg to save the day! awesome![/quote]

When NY start charging Amazon taxes, they dragged Newegg into the circle as well (so that it doesn't look like NY is targeting Amazon only). However, Newegg was able to fight it and it got rid of the NY tax thing just after two or three months. Amazon is still battling the thing and looks like they're not winning. Same goes to other e-tailers, like Buy.com, FamilyVideo etc. (but i don't think they're even fighting over the NY tax thing, either don't care or don't have the cash to do so). So yeah, when comes to free shipping and taxes, Newegg is my new favorite :bouncy:

[quote name='psychonaut']For the person that asked, newegg ships the CE version in a box... At least that is how mine arrived.[/quote]

so you received your copy today? what state do you live in just curious if my chances of seeing my copy today are strong..

Question, How does ebates work? I just signed up and they said there is a 5 dollar credit. Do I order through newegg and then a credit goes to ebates and then i just claim a check? Thanks for your help

YES, mine was just shipped. Can anybody tell me if you get any sort of tracking with the egg saver shipping? I can't seem to find it anywhere on the invoice.

[quote name='sigtheman']YES, mine was just shipped. Can anybody tell me if you get any sort of tracking with the egg saver shipping? I can't seem to find it anywhere on the invoice.[/quote]

There is a link to DHL SmartMail in the shipping email. It should be directly below the item number.

[quote name='sliknik27']There is a link to DHL SmartMail in the shipping email. It should be directly below the item number.[/QUOTE]

Oh ok, thanks. I didn't even get the email yet. I just noticed it said shipped on the recent orders page.

NewEgg will change the status to shipped immediately, but usually they don't update the order with the tracking number until later on in the evening. And for me, the e-mail doesn't come until 9AM est the next day. But by that time it's usually already on the local UPS truck and out for delivery ;)

[quote name='Wintg005']Question, How does ebates work? I just signed up and they said there is a 5 dollar credit. Do I order through newegg and then a credit goes to ebates and then i just claim a check? Thanks for your help[/quote]

Pretty much like that yeah...

quickest way to do it right:

1. go to ebates, make sure you're in
2. go to the stores section (N for Newegg or add to your favorite)
3. Click on the % back (for Newegg it's 2%)
4. It will create an ebates tracking window then to the store front.
5. add the game to your cart (or if you already have it in the cart)
6. Checkout... and you're done.

to me, it's much safer than Live... i prefer it b/c it's being around pretty long.

Mine should be here tomorrow. They shipped it yesterday but it didn't go out until 3pm or so. I live in California and they were kind enough to use UPS instead of DHL ( used the free shipping ). THANK GOD!

*Roxy*

Geez...I miss the days when new release games were $39.99...I was complaining back then too...

At this rate, a game a year would be all I could afford at these prices.

PS3 collectors is at 77.99. Oddly, the 360 is still 79.99. They just had to change it after they charged me 79.99 lol. o Well no biggie. Mine shipped today too. Hope I get it this week!

I just cancelled my DD order just now and got it on NE instead. They just charged my CC so I'm assuming that they'll be shipping it very soon. When asked DD if they knew when they were shipping, the response was "We don't know", so typical of them. FYI, I received my SFIV from DD 2.5 weeks after the release date. I pre-ordered it in January.

I don't care about it arriving late, but I am getting the feeling this one might actually be limited. :p

[quote name='SolidMGSnake']PS3 collectors is at 77.99. Oddly, the 360 is still 79.99. They just had to change it after they charged me 79.99 lol. o Well no biggie. Mine shipped today too. Hope I get it this week![/QUOTE]

In the past they would price match your order if it hasn't been delivered yet... I'm going to see if they will give me $2 back. I don't know if they still do it but it's worth a shot I guess.

[quote name='Gainer']I don't care about it arriving late, but I am getting the feeling this one might actually be limited. :p[/QUOTE]

Doubt it... most collectors editions seem to be rare at first but then they become pretty common. I'm going to hate myself if this ends up being like Fallout 3 CE (got it brand new for $26 back in January).

I ordered the PS3 CE version last night for 79.99. I just e-mailed them asking for the cheaper price at 77.99. I remember buying ram from Newegg a while back and it went done in price 10 bucks before I even received it, I e-mailed them and they gave me my 10 bucks back. I know it's just two dollars but hey, it's money. Looking forward to this game!

BTW, I really enjoyed your video, ZackScott. Can't wait for mine to arrive.

I emailed Newegg regarding the $2 credit, and they replied they don't normally do it but made an exception in my case since I am a "valued customer" and Newegg strives for customer satisfaction.

At least I know I got the PS3 CE version for the lowest price yet.

[quote name='goMaki']Mine should be here tomorrow. They shipped it yesterday but it didn't go out until 3pm or so. I live in California and they were kind enough to use UPS instead of DHL ( used the free shipping ). THANK GOD!

*Roxy*[/QUOTE]

You didnt tell me it shipped UPS WOOOOOO no DHL all be praised. Coop tonight in the living room?

ZackScott awesome cat!

I just received an e-mail back from newegg that states: "I have requested a credit in the amount of $2.00 to be issued back to your original payment resource. Please allow 3-5 business days for the funds to be posted into your account. Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding."

They're a great place to shop. =D My game was also barely shipped out but I'm not in much of a rush because I still have finals to worry about.

[quote name='tightclaws']DHL, no tracking yet, NJ, blah I won't get it until next week ohh well.[/quote]

lol ... uh ...DHL has been out of business for a while now...

just got my CE. they shipped it in a bubble envelope(!) and now it's fucking all crushed. gonna probably do an exchange. what a headache.

[quote name='LiK']just got my CE. they shipped it in a bubble envelope(!) and now it's fucking all crushed. gonna probably do an exchange. what a headache.[/QUOTE]

UH OH!

Girlfriend will not be happy if its messed up. EEEK! When will places learn if its something that can break send it in a box. Even worse the game and stuff on the inside aren't wrapped (except for the bag and necklace).

Sorry dudder.

[quote name='ZackScott']I got my Newegg order today! I even geeked out and did an unboxing video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BV9hrSdHSsw[/QUOTE]

Awesome vid! It makes me that much more anxious about getting my PS3 CE. I found out that its being shipped today fortunately. Fill us in on how you're liking the game so far. Thanks!

[quote name='LiK']just got my CE. they shipped it in a bubble envelope(!) and now it's fucking all crushed. gonna probably do an exchange. what a headache.[/quote]

Mine got shipped in a bubble envelope too, and a corner of the box was crushed! It looks as though Deep Discount is the way to when purchasing these Capcom Collector's games, since they shipped SFIVCE in a box (providing you order several months early and very patient).

Got mine today from them. Since it shipped in-state I got it within 12 hours of ordering with free shipping. However the shipping box came crunched on every side, and the packing inside was terrible. Needless to say the box of the game itself has a small bend and/or crease on all sides but the front.

The box they used to ship the game was a re-use of the box capcom shipped the game to them, pretty big box considering 4 of the CE's were in it going to them and only one in it coming to me. Nevertheless pretty cool seeing the capcom labels/stamp/stickers. Of course that "oh hey, tha's interesting" dissipated when i opened it up and saw the condition of the game.

Don't you just hate work when ups is at your house to give the package and there's no one at to sign the damn thing? And you have to wait another day to for second time. Only to know that you won't be home again tommorow to sign the damn thing.

[quote name='heyheyhey11']Don't you just hate work when ups is at your house to give the package and there's no one at to sign the damn thing? And you have to wait another day to for second time. Only to know that you won't be home again tommorow to sign the damn thing.[/quote]
LOL!
Yeah, the same thing happened when I ordered my PS3. What a pain in the ass that was. It took me like another week to get a hold of someone at UPS so they could just hold it at their facility for me to pick up.

I just received it!! it came in a box, with absolutely nothing but one sheet of paper and the game. The RE5 box was crushed on one side. The insides' are fine though. I'm a perfectionist so this of course bugs the hell out of me but I saved a lot on it already so I guess that's the price we pay. We have it though, guys!! I called my friend who pre ordered it at Gamestop and he was annoyed that I beat him to it, partly because I still don't even have a PS3. My friend at Best Buy is hooking me up next week though. =D

It doesn't seem to help much if Newegg ships in a box or not, the RECE box is still subject to be crushed.

It seems to me that orders closer to Newegg get shipped in a box while long distance orders are shipped in a bubble mailer.

sigh, kinda sucks that we got it cheaper but it came friggin damaged. and i agree, the contents in the box are pretty loose unlike the SFIV CE.

Damnit if only I ordered a day earlier from newegg..mines not comming till Monday from newegg. ITs gonna be a long boring weekend! and as long as the stuff inside the CE box is fine- I wont be too annoyed by external dmg.

i don't care about the outer box usually, but this was super mangled. it's like someone stomped all over it. and i fear opening it to find the contents like the steelcase box damaged. it's probably easier to get it exchanged with it sealed.

Damn still not in post office system, blah free DHL to mail sucks. Don't ever use Eggsaver ..( it used to be good. But with DHL to post its horrible. in most cases if I ordered tues night at NG in the past I would have my item by Friday afternoon, with this my item is not even in the post system yet its Friday, I will be lucky to have by next Friday.

bread's done
Back