Resident Evil 5 for $19.99 W/ Trade-In of 2 Selected Titles @ GS

ChunkyLover78

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
So I went to GS today and they had a flyer that said Resident Evil 5 would cost $19.99 with the trade in of 2 selected titles.

Here is the whole list of the Qualified Games that you can trade in:

:wii: Wii:
Animal Crossings: City Folk
Ben 10: Alien Force
Big League Sports
Boom Box
Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 09
Cabela's Legendary Adventure
Call of Duty: WaW
Carnival Games
Carnival Games: Mini-Golf
Crash: Mind Over Mutant
de Blob
Deadly Creatures
Ferrari Challenge
Guitar Hero: WT
Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility
Hasbro Family Game Night
House of the Dead: Overkill
Jillian Michael's Fitness Ultimatum 09
Karaoke Revolution: American Idol Encore
Kung Fu Panda: Legendary Warrior
Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Lego Batman
Lego Indian Jones
Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa
Madden NFL 09 All-Play
Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games
Martio Kart Wii
Mario Party 8
Mario Super Sluggers
Monopoly
Nartuo: Clash of Ninja 2
Need for Speed: Undercover
NHL 2K9
HPPL Championship Paintball 09
Pitfall: The Big Adventure
Pokemon Battle Revolution
Price is Right
Quantium of Solace
Rapala Fishing Frenzy
Rayman Raving Rabbids 2
Rayman Raving Rabbids TV Party
Resident Evil: Umbrealla Chronicles
Rock Band 2
Shaun White Snowboarding
SimAnimals
Skate it
Sonic Unleashed
Spider-Man: Web of Shadows
Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Lightsaber Duels
Star Wars: the Force Unleashed
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Paper Mario
Super Smash Bros Brawl
Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World
Tenchu: Shadow Assassin
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 09 All Play
Wario Ware
Smooth Moves
Wii Music
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 09

:ps3: PS3:
Afro Samurai
Armored Core: For Answer
BioShock
Blitz, The League II
Call of Duty 4:Modern Warfare
Dead Space
Disgaea 3: Absense of Justice
Eternal Sonata
Fallout 3
Far Cry 2
FEAR 2: Project Origin
FIFA Soccer 09
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue
Grand Theft Auto IV
Grid
Guitar Hero: World Tour
Lego Batman
Lego Indian Jones
LittleBigPlanet
Lord of the Rings: Conquest
Madden NFL 09
Madden NFL 09 Collector's Edition
Metal Gear Sold 4: Guns of the Patriots
Midnight Club: Los Angeles
Mirror's Edge
Monopoly
Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe
MotorStorm: Pacific Rift
Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm
NBA 2K9
NBA Live 09
NCAA Basketball 09
NCAA Football 09
NHL 09
NPPL Championship Paintball 09
Prince of Persia
Pro Evolution Soccer 09
Pure
Quantum of Solace
Rapala's Fishing Frenzy
Resistance 2
Rise of the Argonauts
Rock Band 2
Saints Row 2
Shaun White Snowboarding
Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution
Skate 2
Sonic Unleashed
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 09
Tom Clancy's End War
Tomb Raider Underworld
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
Valkyria Chronicles
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 09
X-Blades

:360: 360
Afro Samurai
Armored Core; For Answer
Bajo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts
Blitz, The League II
Call of Duty 4: MW
Crash: Mind Over Mutant
Dead space
Destroy All Humans 3: Path of the Furon
Fable 2
Fallout 3
Far Cry 2
FEAR 2: Project Origin
FIFA Soccer 09
Gears of War 2
Guitar Hero: World Tour
Halo 3
Infinite Undiscovery
Last Remnant
Left 4 Dead
Lego Batman
LIPS w/ 2 Wireless Mics (Required)
Lord of the Rings: Conquest
Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa
Madden NFL 09
Madden NFL 09 Collectors' Edition
Midnight Club: Los Angeles
Mirror's Edge
Monopoly
Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe
Naruto: The Broken Bond
NBA 2K9
NBA Live 09
NCAA Basketball 09
NCAA Football 09
NHL 09
NPPL Championship Paintball 09
Prince of Persia
Pro Evolution Soccer 09
Pure
Quantum of Solace
Race Pro
Rise of the Argonauts
Rock Band 2
Saints Row 2
Scene It 2
Shaun White Snowboarding
Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution
Skate 2
Sonic Unleashed
SoulCalibur IV
Tales of Vesperia
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 09
Tom Clancy's End War
Tomb Raider Underworld
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 09
X-Blades

Offer Expires: 4/5/09

Thanks anthonyd46 for the scan:
2s197oy.jpg

Really isn't the best list but seeing it expires 4/05, some games might drop by then

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='earvcunanan']Wow... this works out really nice for me. I have Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts and Far Cry 2 -- both in which have crap TiVs at GameStop anyway. Thanks OP![/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing.

Anyone know if you can upgrade this to the CE version? I have this on order and rather have that than the reg.

[quote name='Sharp Katana']are the trade ins good towards the CE as well or just the regular edition?[/QUOTE]

well it isnt very clear but on the very bottom of the sheet with all the lists, it says "net retail will differ for special edition" so i am assuming u are able to get the CE but just pay the difference

[quote name='ninja dog']Return/rebuy.

man, nevermind. people are being dense in this thread :)[/quote]

interesting your calling me dense? do you think target will let you return those games then immediately turn around and rebuy them? this has already been discussed several times and they won't do it. let me know how it works out for you...

Last edited by a moderator:
Can the CAGs that pick up the cheap games from Target please post what you picked up and for what price?
I wan't to get on this deal but I need some advice/guidence.
Thanks

[quote name='havuk']interesting your calling me dense? do you think target will let you return those games then immediately turn around and rebuy them? this has already been discussed several times and they won't do it. let me know how it works out for you...[/QUOTE]

I'm calling everyone who's saying there's no way to make this a good deal dense.

And yeah, people have mentioned doing that at Target. Some people have mentioned getting denied a price match on clearance games, but I don't see how they could block you from returning/rebuying. it's in their policy and the right clerk won't give a fuck.

Either way, $10 off the game. which is fine for those of us who were going to pay close to full price for the game anyway.

[quote name='Neorub']Can the CAGs that pick up the cheap games from Target please post what you picked up and for what price?
Thanks[/QUOTE]

Check the Target clearance thread.

a couple of the games:
--Last Remnant
--Far Cry 2
--Soul Calibur IV

With the amount of effort it takes to make this deal even mildly close to decent I'd rather just spend the extra $10 and not get it from GS.

[quote name='Neorub']Can the CAGs that pick up the cheap games from Target please post what you picked up and for what price?
Thanks[/QUOTE]

Lego Batman - $12.48
Blitz II The League - $9.98

With this combo you save roughly $20 off RE5. You'll have to check your Target prices though, as I went to three different ones yesterday and these titles were being sold from $20-35.

Hm... seems like a lot of effort to turn this ice cold deal into a luke warm one. For Gamefly subscribers, it's easier to just rent it and then keep it for ~$42-45. I'm sure not going to drive around hunting for cheap games to trade, as they'd have to be about $10 each to even make this deal comparable.

Now, if this were a free copy of RE5 with two trades, it might be worth the effort :)

[quote name='Tomeeboy']
Now, if this were a free copy of RE5 with two trades, it might be worth the effort :)[/quote]
Yeah I never understood the extra $20 on top of trading in two fairly new games. Luckily I got two copies of GTA4 at Blockbuster when they were selling two PS3 games for $14.99.... total. $7.50 for a copy of GTA4 was a steal.

i bought Far Cry 2 at a Target for $29 and i'm gonna return and rebuy it at another Target where it was marked down to $15 with a gift card i have.

i also bought Fracture for $9.98 with that same gift card . i'll sell Fracture on eBay for $15 or so and use that to buy GTA IV on the PS3 this way i can just keep my Bioshock. so all in all i'll end up turning a $25 gift card i got for Christmas into $40 on Resident Evil 5.

Sweet I got Quantum of Solace for like 13 bucks and beat it so if I can find one of these others cheap somewhere then I might do this. Might see if I can find one of the others for cheap to do this.

[quote name='hmbtnguy']Lego Batman - $12.48
Blitz II The League - $9.98

With this combo you save roughly $20 off RE5. You'll have to check your Target prices though, as I went to three different ones yesterday and these titles were being sold from $20-35.[/QUOTE]

but you can just sell lego batman on ebay for $30 and get what ever you want.

[quote name='62t']but you can just sell lego batman on ebay for $30 and get what ever you want.[/QUOTE]

The $10 difference gets smaller when you include ebay and paypal fees.

NBA Live 09 (PS3) is pretty much worthless with a tiv of just $10 so it'll be perfect for me in this deal

I realize there are ways to make this a decent deal especially CAGS but alot of these games they sell used for $55 so if you trade in 2 and give up the $20 they are essentially getting $130 for RE 5...

I just love it when you go in and they greet you with that "did ya bring in any games to trade in today??"

[quote name='SakBee']NBA Live 09 (PS3) is pretty much worthless with a tiv of just $10 so it'll be perfect for me in this deal[/quote]

wow that is crap. I have it for the 360 too.

OP thanks for clarifying what the fine print said. I guess I will ask gamestop if I decide to do the trade in.

landed a copy of Uncharted for $15 when i went to return / rebuy Far Cry 2. i'm thinking i could sell Uncharted for $30 on eBay though which means a petty $15 in profit but what the hell.

should I trade in gta4 and uncharted to get this? I got uncharted from goozex and gta4 from play n trade when they had a deal for three used games all for 39.99 i picked up midnight club la and bad company along with that deal

I'm a fan of resident evil but 60 bucks is too much 4 a game. Especially when the game will only last for 8 hrs with little reply value.... It makes more sense to get Street Fighter 4

[quote name='rbailey07']I'm a fan of resident evil but 60 bucks is too much 4 a game. Especially when the game will only last for 8 hrs with little reply value.... It makes more sense to get Street Fighter 4[/quote]

Agreed. I need to beat Resident Evil 4 before I will consider this (hell, 1 2 and 3 as well). Maybe by then i can find the game cheap at Blockbuster's going-out-of-business sale event.

[quote name='Nastrodamous']now add in ebay and paypal fees[/quote]
-$2.XX for ebay
-$1.xx for paypal
-$2 for shipping
+waiting 10-21 days to get the money unless they give you good rep

[quote name='BarbblerElf']-$2.XX for ebay
-$1.xx for paypal
-$2 for shipping
+waiting 10-21 days to get the money unless they give you good rep[/quote]

what do you mean waiting 10 to 21 days to get the money unless they give you good rep? i sold a few games on ebay last week sold on monday and the cash was sitting in my paypal by wednesday ready to spend or transfer to my bank account which only takes 48 hours tops .

[quote name='havuk']what do you mean waiting 10 to 21 days to get the money unless they give you good rep? i sold a few games on ebay last week sold on monday and the cash was sitting in my paypal by wednesday ready to spend or transfer to my bank account which only takes 48 hours tops .[/QUOTE]

it depends on who's paying for the item. I just sold 4 things on ebay and 3/4 had to wait 10-21 days unless they give me good feedback. Only one of them was an instant transfer.

Always require instant payment on items you sell on eBay. I've sold a ton of games and hardware and have never had to wait more than a day for payment.

oh i wasn't aware of the feedback/payment requirement. i'll definately start requiring immediate payment if selling something, thanks for the info.

Gamestop is just awful. I went in to trade in Blitz The League 2 (which I got for 15) and Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 (which I got as a gift), so I figure not a bad deal. After the gamestop employee messed with the computer for around a half an hour he tells me that the flyer must be printed wrong and that Blitz The League 2 shouldn't be on there. UNREAL!!! He tells me to come back tomorrow and try again when the store manager is there. No more business from me at that store.

[quote name='mchanks']Gamestop is just awful. I went in to trade in Blitz The League 2 (which I got for 15) and Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 (which I got as a gift), so I figure not a bad deal. After the gamestop employee messed with the computer for around a half an hour he tells me that the flyer must be printed wrong and that Blitz The League 2 shouldn't be on there. UNREAL!!! He tells me to come back tomorrow and try again when the store manager is there. No more business from me at that store.[/quote]

Gamestop does sometimes change the list of eligible titles for these promotions in the middle of it. There's a possibility that the register honestly wouldn't give the promo, and that employee didn't have the authority to override the trade-in.

they probably removed everything that can be purchased for under 20 dollars off their computers. -_-

Too bad I traded in Mirror's Edge a month ago. Although if I still had it, I'm looking at either CoD: WaW or Vesperia as the 2nd since I never liked them.

[quote name='mchanks']Gamestop is just awful. I went in to trade in Blitz The League 2 (which I got for 15) and Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 (which I got as a gift), so I figure not a bad deal. After the gamestop employee messed with the computer for around a half an hour he tells me that the flyer must be printed wrong and that Blitz The League 2 shouldn't be on there. UNREAL!!! He tells me to come back tomorrow and try again when the store manager is there. No more business from me at that store.[/QUOTE]

Blitz II was removed from the list? Damn.. that was one of the games I was planning to trade in since I got it for $10 at Target.

[quote name='mchanks']Gamestop is just awful. I went in to trade in Blitz The League 2 (which I got for 15) and Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 (which I got as a gift), so I figure not a bad deal. After the gamestop employee messed with the computer for around a half an hour he tells me that the flyer must be printed wrong and that Blitz The League 2 shouldn't be on there. UNREAL!!! He tells me to come back tomorrow and try again when the store manager is there. No more business from me at that store.[/QUOTE]
they're not necessarily awful the game had a $20 price drop and now retails for $19.99 new. i just hope Far Cry 2 makes it the two weeks i need it to go without the same thing happening.
http://www.gamestop.com/search.asp?...de+matchallpartial&Ntt=Blitz+The+League+2&N=0

I am going to bite on this deal and get rid of Banjo and NHL 09.

Also, remember that if your games have a TIV of more than 20 you are not limited to getting only 20 for each game. For example, lets assume NHL 09 has a TIV of 22 and Banjo has a TIV of 12. The computer would give you an additional 8 bucks for Banjo bringing the TIV to 20 and it would give you the full 22 for NHL 09 bringing the total to 42 and not 40.

This deal also stacks with edge.

I went to gamestop today to try to take advantage of this, didnt know you had to wait until release. I hate gamestop, but I have two games from the list i'll never touch again. I found out that you have to wait until the 13th. its cool. He's like "You can put 5 dollars down and then just bring them in later". I declined, and his co-worker was like 'You know, because of the bad economy Capcom is only shipping enough copies to fill preorders, as a way to reward their loyal customers'.

First of all, that was two lies to validate one statement.

And not since guitar hero 2 for the xbox 360 have I had to look at more than two stores to find a big budget game. I left, even though I really wanted to rant at him. But I didnt want to be THAT customer.

This makes me wonder if GS stores have certain quotas to make each month...like reservations or games traded to them. It does seem like everytime I stop by at GS, they want my old games or want me to reserve an upcoming game. They are starting to sound worse than a car salesman.

I Think My Gamestop Store Is Retarded Or Something, I Traded In Uncharted & GTA 4 for PS3 and the guy tells me that uncharted has a $35 trade in value and gta 4 has a $25 trade in value when put towards resident evil 5. So I was thinking to myself, wait that's $60 all together, so I didn't say anything. Then He somehow took the trade in values and combined it with the 20% deal going on, even though u can't combine deals. So I got a trade in of $72 for both those games and resident evil 5 with tax was 65, so I got back $7. I Love RETARDED GAMESTOP EMPLOYEES! But I Hate The Chain As A Whole.

[quote name='AsianOnRoute69']I Think My Gamestop Store Is Retarded Or Something, I Traded In Uncharted & GTA 4 for PS3 and the guy tells me that uncharted has a $35 trade in value and gta 4 has a $25 trade in value when put towards resident evil 5. So I was thinking to myself, wait that's $60 all together, so I didn't say anything. Then He somehow took the trade in values and combined it with the 20% deal going on, even though u can't combine deals. So I got a trade in of $72 for both those games and resident evil 5 with tax was 65, so I got back $7. I Love RETARDED GAMESTOP EMPLOYEES! But I Hate The Chain As A Whole.[/QUOTE]

You also got ripped off $5.00 for tax. They can't charge you tax if you pay with store credit (I know there are a few states that do, but I'm pretty sure 90% of them can't). You may want to check in to that.

[quote name='LegendK7ll3r']You also got ripped off $5.00 for tax. They can't charge you tax if you pay with store credit (I know there are a few states that do, but I'm pretty sure 90% of them can't). You may want to check in to that.[/QUOTE]

here in california they can :(

[quote name='LegendK7ll3r']You also got ripped off $5.00 for tax. They can't charge you tax if you pay with store credit (I know there are a few states that do, but I'm pretty sure 90% of them can't). You may want to check in to that.[/quote]
Don't try to get that transaction's tax back though! They might try to get their money back.

bread's done
Back