Resident Evil 5 for Xbox 360 $39.95 brand new ebay...legit?

he;s been on ebay for 8 years, and has to move 200+ copies of game. Why the hell would they be stolen? Nextgengames.com or something like that had it for $43 and i ordered mine from there, and got it. Toys R US had a $20 gift car with it (60-20 = 40). The chances of this being stolen, are incredibly slim.

Take a closer look at this seller. I think his account may have been hijacked. He had not sold much in the last several months (at least had not received feedback) and tended to sell low end DVDs (like $5 or so) in the last several months (with the exception of the most recent feedback for an Ipod) Now all of a sudden he had 27 new copies of halo wars, ipods, elite xbox systems for $250, 50 copies of RE for $20 less than retail etc. Buyer beware with this. Might be a scammer.

100% positive, new game. Who cares how he got em, they're cheap and you'll be covered under Paypal.

Its a win win

EDIT:

This guys account may of been stolen so you might end up getting shit. He's selling a whole bunch of different shit after only selling a few things the last couple months.

[quote name='kklems']Take a closer look at this seller. I think his account may have been hijacked. He had not sold much in the last several months (at least had not received feedback) and tended to sell low end DVDs (like $5 or so) in the last several months (with the exception of the most recent feedback for an Ipod) Now all of a sudden he had 27 new copies of halo wars, ipods, elite xbox systems for $250, 50 copies of RE for $20 less than retail etc. Buyer beware with this. Might be a scammer.[/QUOTE]

Also, his most recent feedback was for an item that started selling on 25th-26th. The buyer left him a good feedback today at the latest. There's no way UPS ground can deliver in one day or same day. If you check item history, you can see how many copies he has for sale. I also think his account may have be hijacked.

Problem with Paypal is by the time they try to get your money back (if it's a scam), it may be too late and he'll get away with the money.

Always pay with a credit card through Paypal-- don't pay with funds in your account, checking account, debit card, etc-- because then you can dispute the charge with your credit card company. To not get your Paypal account suspended you have to go through their mess of a system first to try to recover the money, but once you get the "we can't get your money" email you can dispute it with your credit card company and get it back that way. I think Paypal "allows" 1-2 disputes a year without harm to your account although more than that could still get your account suspended. (and doing a chargeback without going through Paypal to at least try to recover the money is instant ban)

I got $400 back on a bad Ebay transaction that way [a "like new" item arrived in a bashed up box and had something internally broken, at first I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt that UPS messed it up and I asked if he wanted me to just get it fixed and have him compensate me for it, but due to UPS getting involved they shipped it back to him and then he emailed me telling me that I purposely broke the item and was trying to scam him out of money and refused to pay me back]... the seller emailed me out of the blue like 3 months later cursing me out for sending a collections notice to him. (which I didn't, he was too stupid to realise Paypal was trying to collect after he never responded to any of the complaints against him)

hmm..if you look at all his feedback hes got three negatives and one neutral.:whistle2:k and how the hell does he have 233 copies of halo wars lol thats crazy.

Guys, guys, do not forget the golden rule of being scammed.

If it's too good to be true, then it probably is.

Do not bite. Buyer beware.
Like derder said, is $20 you save over a game worth trying to recoup it after you end up getting scammed with no game ?

ummm im going to sell my resident evil5 unopen for 40 bucks....cause i thought the demo was garbage, and i got it for free with my RE5 Elite...so it could be legit...

Dude is cleaning up...15+ Elites sold, numerous games...all he has to do is clear the money from his paypal account and close up shop. Walk away with 10+ grand. By the time paypal gets around to freezing his account, it will be empty.

Thanks for all your feedback. I'm just waiting for my RE5 copy from Amazon. It seriously does look too good for legitimacy.

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']^
can't they track it to the bank account and go after him with law enforcement?

it can't be that easy to get away with this[/quote]

Probably easier than you think, especially if the money is transferred out of the country (likely a hijacked ebay/paypal account. They will go after the account owner who will have no clue what is going on)

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']Im on live chat right now with ebay help, im telling them whats going on so they can be ready to suspend his account and look into this ASAP[/quote]

I was just about to do the same thing. Likely it is too late for those that already sent payment, but could prevent more idiots from jumping in

[quote name='Got Rice Boy']ummm im going to sell my resident evil5 unopen for 40 bucks....cause i thought the demo was garbage, and i got it for free with my RE5 Elite...so it could be legit...[/quote]

There's a big difference between one guy selling one copy of a game for cheap, and someone else selling dozens of them for cheap.

Just talked with someone, and with the info I provided they looked into it and have changed his account settings, they couldnt go into specifics but it looks like they are keeping a close eye on this one and he wont be able to make any new listings, though who knows what will happen with the ones he's already got money from

Bottom line, its a scam, but they are on the case, but for privacy purposes they couldnt tell me too much

i saw this guy earlier today and thought he looked like a hijacked account (or bought an account). if hijacked, people will get scammed. if people get their stuff, then it was definitely stolen

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']His listings have been canceled! Looks like I just saved a ton of people from being scammed!!!

Victory![/quote]

Awesome!

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']His listings have been canceled! Looks like I just saved a ton of people from being scammed!!!

Victory![/quote]

Thanks a lot. You saved a lot of people's hides!

bread's done
Back