Resident Evil 5 & Resident Evil 6 $14.99/$11.99 GCU @ BBY

Couldn't they just fit 4,5,6 on a single collection disc? Did they really have to print then separately? I know had staggered releases...but still...

For 5 and 6 (almost even for 4) they should have rebranded the games as a new franchise.  They weren't terrible games so much as they were terrible Resident Evil games...I guarantee you they would have been received much better as a new franchise.  

For 5 and 6 (almost even for 4) they should have rebranded the games as a new franchise. They weren't terrible games so much as they were terrible Resident Evil games...I guarantee you they would have been received much better as a new franchise.
RE4 is by far the best game in the franchise. It couldn't have been received any better with the universal praise it got. Nothing could have changed the reception 6 got. That game flatout sucked.

RE4 is by far the best game in the franchise. It couldn't have been received any better with the universal praise it got. Nothing could have changed the reception 6 got. That game flatout sucked.
Agreed... 4 was great...5 was good/ok....6 I really didn't want to finish that game....and 4 years later it is still unfinished. I am sure all 3 games can be placed on 1 to 2 BR discs. Honestly I might just wait for the RE2 Remake and eventual RE3 (if sales are strong for it)

Agreed... 4 was great...5 was good/ok....6 I really didn't want to finish that game....and 4 years later it is still unfinished. I am sure all 3 games can be placed on 1 to 2 BR discs. Honestly I might just wait for the RE2 Remake and eventual RE3 (if sales are strong for it)
5 is great for couch co-op, which is the reason I double dipped on it earlier today. Playing it with my brother was a blast, and since my gf likes shooting stuff and zombies I hope it'll be as fun with her.

I enjoyed RE5 enough to get all the achievements in the base game but Shiva's idiotic AI nearly drove me insane. I am not a big fan of co-op but I had to get somebody to help me get through Professional difficulty.

For RE6 it seems like they tried to cram too much content into the game. Probably would have been a lot better had they focused on quality over quantity. The AI partners were invincible in combat though so that was a huge improvement to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was just walking around the mall and got 5/6 for the ps4. I beat 5 but never did purchase 6 last gen. I heard negative things about it but for the price can't hurt.

I was just walking around the mall and got 5/6 for the ps4. I beat 5 but never did purchase 6 last gen. I heard negative things about it but for the price can't hurt.
It's ok. I beat it last year during a random backlog binge on my 360. It was fine, but my interest was dwindling towards the end. RE4 was definitely better, and I had more fun with RE5.

RE6 is way too long and it's just a crap game overall. I got bored way before I could finish more than one campaign (there's around four or so IIRC)... yet I loved RE 4 and 5.

Big run on RE6! Not available for shipping and under 3 per store within 50 miles. Unavailable at most. Picked up Re5 tho.

Surprised there is so much interest in these.  5 was solid.  6 would have been a better game if they could have focused and trimmed out some boring bits.  It's overwrought from start to finish.  Why so many people want it all of a sudden this generation when it was so widely despised a couple of years ago is beyond me. 

I have a soft spot for RE5. It was a really fun co-op game when it first came out, I hope they kept the egg glitch just for old times sake.
I just finished RE5 remastered and we did the egg glitch, but it's slightly different than it used to be.

1. Start a coop session as the host
2. Have your partner trade you the eggs (ammo, grenades, health)
3. Have the host end session
4. Exit out of the session
5a. As the host choose to overwrite your equipment and save.
5b. Make sure the person who gave you the eggs etc DOES NOT overwrite their equipment

6. Rinse, repeat, get monies.

both of these games were fun as hell playing coop with a friend, will go through them again on the Xbox One when it eventually goes on sale

Was good yesterday, but the sticker on the game said $19.99. Picked up RE5. Already played it last gen, but I remember it being an awesome game and it's about as good as it gets for same screen co-op. 

You're hurt!

I need some ammo!

Thanks, partner!

Lots of great memories flooding back haha

Thanks OP! Went ahead and did an online order for in store pickup. I also noticed the sticker on the game read $19.99 and didn't see a sale price card in store. Weird, but I'm happy with this price for RE6.

I didn't bother finishing RE6. It's a bad game not just a bad RE. Also the cut scenes were terrible and probably meant to be "enjoyed" by 12 year olds.

All for PS4

Resident evil: Revelations 2 $10

Resident Evil Origins Collection $20

Resident Evil 5 $12

Resident Evil 6 $12

Resident Evil 4 ... waits for good sale price

Resident Evil 7 ... Waits for GOLD EDITION version.  You better watch out for CRAPCOM :)

RE6 wasn't horrible awful. Like others have said it was really just too much at once and it was way overpolished. The gameplay mechanics aren't broken or anything and the game plays and looks ok. If you are broke I guess it's a good game because they give you your money's worth. 4 decent length campaigns plus Mercenaries and other extra modes and bonuses. I felt like Chris' campaign was almost wholly unnecessary and maybe even Ada's backstory campaign. 

Was good yesterday, but the sticker on the game said $19.99. Picked up RE5. Already played it last gen, but I remember it being an awesome game and it's about as good as it gets for same screen co-op.
Thanks OP! Went ahead and did an online order for in store pickup. I also noticed the sticker on the game read $19.99 and didn't see a sale price card in store. Weird, but I'm happy with this price for RE6.
These will always say $19.99 until they sell out or get sent back. Only used games drop in price and get re-stickered.

bread's done
Back