Resident Evil 5 Xbox Elite Bundle $399 - Back In Stock @ Amazon!

roguejedi5

CAGiversary!
Resident Evil Xbox Elite Bundle Priced @ $399 Ships 3/13/2009:

9239344cv1a.jpg
9239344cv3a.jpg

• Elite Console w/Exclusive Red Finish
  • Wireless Controler w/Matching Red Finish
  • Resident Evil 5 game
  • 120GB HDD
  • Exclusive RE5 Premium Theme
  • Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix (XBLA Game Code)
  • Wired headset
  • HD AV Component Cable
  • HDMI cable
  • Ethernet Cables
Available for Pre-Order @

iconamazon.gif
Amazon
iconbestbuy.gif
BestBuy
GameStop

-------------------------

I wish the color was a darker red, but this is a pretty good deal since they are giving all this without any markup from the price of the elite.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='addicted2games']Trade your old 360 to GS and use that to preorder the new one. I traded one of my 360's like a month ago and got $105 credit for a launch system. Dont know what the trade in value is now.[/quote]

I think i would buy it from Amazon so I dont have to pay tax, if I do decide to get one.

[quote name='Trollsmeesh']Do you know how much it is at Amazon? :3[/quote]

Amazon doesn't charge you anything until the product ships, because they are awesome.

[quote name='Wayne Cabana']Amazon doesn't charge you anything until the product ships, because they are awesome.[/QUOTE]

So do I just go on with my order like I am buying it and then at the end it will show me I don't have to put anything down?

Last edited by a moderator:
Freakin' awesome!

I can't believe I am actually excited about buying another 360 but this is pretty much exactly what I have been waiting for. It definitely is a "wink wink nudge nudge" the way he casually mentions the PS and such.

I really wish Best Buy would put up their in-store pickup preorders (like they have for the DSi). I'm hoping to use my BB card for financing deals. (I could pay it off, but if BB is willing to give me free money for 6-18 months, why not let them? ;) )

The pre-order is only $50 at GS. By the way how much is a replacement plan for a 360 at GS? It would be kind of hard to buy a 360 without one. It doesn't matter if its a Jasper or not. They are new its not proven if they don't RROD. Its just a perception that they won't. We will see when they have been out for extended period of time.

[quote name='speedrunner17']The pre-order is only $50 at GS. By the way how much is a replacement plan for a 360 at GS? It would be kind of hard to buy a 360 without one. It doesn't matter if its a Jasper or not. They are new its not proven if they don't RROD. Its just a perception that they won't. We will see when they have been out for extended period of time.[/quote]

Microsoft provides either a 2 or 3 year warranty on all new 360s if they red ring.

Oh that's nice to know. It would save me on buying a replacement plan. I'm thinking it would be at least $50 at GS. Could buy a game or two with that money.

Wow tax and shipping on the BB site add nearly $40 extra in cost, Amazon seems like the way to go. Can anyone confirm 100% that BB recently changed their policy and no longer allows you to go in and swap consoles for new warranty buyers?

With that said, as has been noted before, probably wouldn't work out with these anyway as they're a limited edition and probably won't be in stock if (more like when, in my experience) the console breaks.

In regards to the MS warranty, I know that w/ regular 360's you get a refurb back that most likely isn't your own. With the LE consoles (Halo, and Black elite to an extent) does anyone know if you're guaranteed to get the same color console back?

Wait, so should I get this from Amazon for $399 free shipping no tax? I live in CA. If these are indeed Jaspers I think I should get one. My recent Gameinformer magazine said that Microsoft is going to announce yet another price drop for the 360 so should I wait and then buy this bundle $50 cheaper?

[quote name='speedrunner17']The pre-order is only $50 at GS. By the way how much is a replacement plan for a 360 at GS? It would be kind of hard to buy a 360 without one. It doesn't matter if its a Jasper or not. They are new its not proven if they don't RROD. Its just a perception that they won't. We will see when they have been out for extended period of time.[/quote]

40 Dollars. Not to bad. Much better then dealing with Microsoft when you want an instant turn around. Ask before you pre-order and make sure you can swap out this one for another system of your choosing. I had an elite that died during a a shortage and it took a month before that store got anymore in stock. That had plenty of Pros, Halos, and arcades on the shelf though.

Might sound like a dumb question, but does anyone know if the RE5 game comes in the regular box? Like is the game in this bundle gonna look exactly like the box if you bought the game on its own?

[quote name='Bucknut']Might sound like a dumb question, but does anyone know if the RE5 game comes in the regular box? Like is the game in this bundle gonna look exactly like the box if you bought the game on its own?[/quote]

Probably will come in the standard case, with a big "NOT FOR RETAIL SALE" thing printed on it

[quote name='Trollsmeesh']Because it matches the controller that is already out. :p[/quote]

Actually, the red controller they've already released is noticeably brighter. At least, when I compare the one I have to the pictures, it looks that way.

EDIT: I take it all back, every word. I just watched Major Nelson's video and the controller color looks just like the LE one that I already have.

[quote name='Sw33tbombs']Wait, so should I get this from Amazon for $399 free shipping no tax? I live in CA. If these are indeed Jaspers I think I should get one. My recent Gameinformer magazine said that Microsoft is going to announce yet another price drop for the 360 so should I wait and then buy this bundle $50 cheaper?[/QUOTE]

They will probably keep the price at full retail until the majority of these sell out, which probably will be like a month or two.

Either that, or say "But look at the bundle you get!" and still sell these at $399 while the "normal" (non-Jasper) Elites drop to say $349.

That said, I wouldn't necessarily wait around for a price drop. The Halo 360s were found cheap at Hot Topic like a year after they were released but I don't think we'll see that happen again.

i might have to pass on this one. it was tempting but i did some calculations

Jasper Arcade from Dell with a 100$ (75$ ebay) GC= 170-25= 145
120 GB HDD ebay- 100 dollars
HDMI Cables= 5 bucks
HDAV cables=15 dollars third party
Resident Evil= 60 bucks
SFHDTREMIX= 15

All that adds up to 340 assuming u need both component and hdmi cables and you were going to buy SF2 and RE5 Regardless

so you're paying 60 bucks for the red paint and headset and premium theme. going this route guarantees a jasper. might be flawed. but thats how i saw it. nd i only need hdmi and i have SF2 on PS3 so that shaves another 30 and i can find a used 120gb for 75.

psh, nothing elite about a console with no built-in wifi. oh boy, you either get to rig up something ghetto, or spend way too much on the official 360 wireless adapter that doesn't match.

I also think we'll see another 360 price drop this year since the PS3 will likely drop in price soon. another $50 would kind of surprise me. Probably $20-30. I could see something like a $299 PS3 and a $269 360 Pro/Premium whatever the hell they're calling it now. They'll need at least a $50 drop on the "elite" once the PS3 drops.

The 360 looks a lot better than the original Xbox, but Microsoft still hasn't made a nice looking console. The red looks tacky to me, although I'd take it over a single game franchise stamped on my console. I don't want a "pimped out" console or one that looks like a teenager's room. A quiet console that fits in with the rest of my entertainment center is more the look I personally like/desire.

They'll probably move a ton of these "elites" since it's bundled with Res. Evil 5. Playstation should counter with just a coupon for the game free with purchase of a PS3. You get a cleaner/nicer looking console that also plays blu-rays.

[quote name='j0ey0ey']i might have to pass on this one. it was tempting but i did some calculations

Jasper Arcade from Dell with a 100$ (75$ ebay) GC= 170-25= 145
120 GB HDD ebay- 100 dollars
HDMI Cables= 5 bucks
HDAV cables=15 dollars third party
Resident Evil= 60 bucks
SFHDTREMIX= 15

All that adds up to 340 assuming u need both component and hdmi cables and you were going to buy SF2 and RE5 Regardless

so you're paying 60 bucks for the red paint and headset and premium theme. going this route guarantees a jasper. might be flawed. but thats how i saw it. nd i only need hdmi and i have SF2 on PS3 so that shaves another 30 and i can find a used 120gb for 75.[/quote]

don't forget that the Elite is the only one that comes with the AV cable that allows digital out with HDMI (sure there is a work around, but still) and in my case I am using el cheapo GS credit as opposed to bill-paying cash.

So anyone find out about Best Buy's warranty policies? Since I get chase freedom reward points from BB and also zone points, the 40 in tax and stuff might be worth it if BB's policies are still up to snub.

So this is a confirmed Jasper.. hmm.. This might be an impulse buy for me if there are still any left on release at my Gamestop since I have a little bit of store credit.

The color of this thing is ugly as sheet ! You think they could have done Market Focus Groups to pick a better color or at least a different shade of red. BLECHH !!

Also, the new Dsi bizarre blue color is UGLY too !! WTfuck are these companies thinking sometimes !?!?

[quote name='Xfactor4']The color of this thing is ugly as sheet ! You think they could have done Market Focus Groups to pick a better color or at least a different shade of red. BLECHH !!

Also, the new Dsi bizarre blue color is UGLY too !! WTfuck are these companies thinking sometimes !?!?[/quote]

I like the red personally, plus with the black dvd drive and black memory card "flaps", you can slap on a black face place and it would assimilate perfectly with your all black audio equipment.

[quote name='Stang232']I was originally gonna pick up RE5 for the PS3, but now I guess I will get it with this Xbox 360 bundle. Does anyone know if either system is going to have some exclusive DLC for RE5? I got screwed by getting GTA4 and Fallout3 for PS3... don't want to get screwed again...[/quote]

The DLC is confirmed for the PS3 at least. http://www.psu.com/Resident-Evil-5-DLC-to-include-new-game-mode-News--a006397-p0.php

This doesn't mean that there won't be a DLC for the 360 though. If you're in the market for a 360 and like the color, get this bundle. I will live vicariously through everyone who purchases this. I wish I hadn't bought my 360 2 weeks ago. haha

Have the people who "hate" the color actually seen it in the shiny plastic flesh? Everyone should know by now that photos and artwork are rarely color-accurate --esp. given all the possible variables between the object, their screen and yours.

Red Jasper 360 Elite + RE5 and extras -- this might be worth my picking it up (unless the actual 360 is strangely repellent).

[quote name='lobo louie']With all the color choices that have been available for the 360, I think the basic white still looks best. Of the newer colors, the Halo one much better than the black elite, red elite and simpson's yellow. [/QUOTE]

Yeah, I think white looks best too. I've always liked the looks of the system a lot. Only 'problem' with that is it means I actually don't like how special editions look! :lol:

Dang, if this is a Jasper and if not for the color, it's just an awesome bundle.

My girlfriend loves the color, and probably wants me to buy one for her, but but...I want the Jasper darn it! And...yeah. (Plus she doesn't have an HDTV yet anyway, so can't use it for a while yet.)

[quote name='Stang232']I was originally gonna pick up RE5 for the PS3, but now I guess I will get it with this Xbox 360 bundle. Does anyone know if either system is going to have some exclusive DLC for RE5? I got screwed by getting GTA4 and Fallout3 for PS3... don't want to get screwed again...[/QUOTE]

going along with 360 version among multiplat games is the safest bet

[quote name='fidgeteer']Have the people who "hate" the color actually seen it in the shiny plastic flesh? Everyone should know by now that photos and artwork are rarely color-accurate --esp. given all the possible variables between the object, their screen and yours.

Red Jasper 360 Elite + RE5 and extras -- this might be worth my picking it up (unless the actual 360 is strangely repellent).[/QUOTE]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/majornelson/

Here are some pix, I think the "red" you see on your monitor depends mainly on the color profile your Vista/XP using, also on your monitor settings

[quote name='Jonsoncao']going along with 360 version among multiplat games is the safest bet[/QUOTE]

Not really... I mean if you have a controller you like better for a particular game or if it has multiplayer and you want to use it with one system or the other, but...

It's the same red as the controller you can buy in stores right now... Why else would that color controller popped up? It's not like its a product "RED" item or anything, its just to hook it all up together. I personally think it's damn nice looking, definately makes it stand out in the entertainment center.

The "Jasper" issue is what is going to sell it to most gamers that already have one 360, and the combo game/system/color is going to sell it to the masses.

[quote name='fidgeteer']Have the people who "hate" the color actually seen it in the shiny plastic flesh? Everyone should know by now that photos and artwork are rarely color-accurate --esp. given all the possible variables between the object, their screen and yours.[/quote]

Well, folks can always look in stores at the limited edition red 360 controllers...the appear to be close if not identical in color to the RE5 bundle (and it would make sense since why would MS make another color of red when they already are using one). I think MS noticed those people selling their halo 3 green controllers on ebay for $100 plus because there was no other way for halo 3 system owners to get a matching controller and this time MS opted to release matching controllers themselves, albeit in the most expensive fashion via the packed in charge and play kit).

I think that some folks will dig the color and others will hate it with not many people in the middle. Overall it is not terrible package given the additional items packed in and that is a jasper, which are likely hard to find on standard black elites at the moment. But I'll think I will stick with my $260 Frankenstein elite arcade 360 (jasper arcade system plus 120 GB hard drive) although I do find color of the RE5 bundle appealing.

[quote name='etcrane']Wow tax and shipping on the BB site add nearly $40 extra in cost, Amazon seems like the way to go. Can anyone confirm 100% that BB recently changed their policy and no longer allows you to go in and swap consoles for new warranty buyers? ?[/QUOTE]

That's correct, consoles covered under Black Tie Protection are going to get sent out as opposed to PRP systems that get swapped out.

So basically it seems like Amazon is by far the best deal of the 3, simply because BB no longer offers a worthwhile warranty and charges tax (and shipping atm) and Gamestop ... well is Gamestop ... so there will be no good deals. Amazon Canada sounds even better ... any tips on how to get one to the U.S. outside of having a friend in Canada?

FYI, amazon.ca will not ship the 360 to the USA. Try adding one to your cart and checking out with it. It will say:

"*** We're sorry. This item can't be shipped to your selected destination. You may either change the shipping address or delete the item from your order by changing its quantity to 0 and clicking the update button below. ( See geographical restrictions.) ***"

Vous voulez voir cette page en français ? Cliquez ici.

Wondering if your gift purchase will arrive in time for the holidays? See our Holiday Ordering Deadlines Help page.

International Shipping Rates

Currently, Amazon.ca is able to ship books, CDs, DVDs, and VHS videos to most international addresses (see restrictions below). Electronics cannot be shipped internationally.
Your packages may be subject to the customs fees and import duties of the country to which you have your order shipped. Any customs or duty charges are always the responsibility of the recipient.

Please also note that, for your protection, any order valued at CDN$250 or more will be sent via a trackable method.
Click the links to the left for shipping-rate information specific to your order's destination.

Shipping Restrictions

Amazon.ca can ship items from our Software and Computer & Video Games Stores only to destinations within Canada.
Also, we cannot currently ship any items to addresses in Afghanistan, Angola, Cuba, Iran, Iraq, Kosovo, Montenegro, Serbia, and Sudan.

Funny but when I bought some movies over Xmas they didn't give me this bull. Oh well, better to know now rather than later.

-- Alex

When will the 360 have another price cut? Right after the PS3? Gameinformer said there will be one so would that price drop affect this bundle? If this package was $325 I would buy it right NOW.

[quote name='etcrane']....and Gamestop ... well is Gamestop ... so there will be no good deals....[/quote]

If you've been keeping up with the Blockbuster/Gamestop flipping action, Gamestop is the best deal by far. A lot of us have credit the cost literally pennies on the dollar. (i.e. the games and 360 that I traded in were originally purchased with credit that I got from flipping).

[quote name='Sw33tbombs']When will the 360 have another price cut? .[/quote]

I think this bundle all but guarantees a price cut in the next couple months. You are basically getting the Elite for $325 +$60 game + $15 game. I think we will see the Elite hit $349 soon w/ the pro ~$269 and the Arcade ~$179.

I think MS is just waiting on Sony to make their move, no sense dropping it before Sony and forcing them to follow suit.

"I think this bundle all but guarantees a price cut in the next couple months."

I think MS is just waiting on Sony to make their move, no sense dropping it before Sony and forcing them to follow suit.[/quote]

...aww so it's going to be in a few months? So when there is one, are you saying this bundle won't be affected by it?

I tend to be an eBay fan myself, never really found the benefit in flipping because Gamestop rarely has good sales and the credit never seems to match the cash I can get on ebay, even after fees. I guess it's a good deal if you have tons of credit built up, but I just can't get myself to buy lots of clearanced crap games and then game the system. Most of the stuff I sell on ebay, if not something I owned, is something I would personally take a look at. I understand the flipping mantra but it hasn't been for me much lately at least as far as Gamestop goes ... too bad Amazon, GS, and BB don't take paypal ... that would make some things easier ;-)

[quote name='Sw33tbombs']"I think this bundle all but guarantees a price cut in the next couple months."

I think MS is just waiting on Sony to make their move, no sense dropping it before Sony and forcing them to follow suit.[/quote]

...aww so it's going to be in a few months? So when there is one, are you saying this bundle won't be affected by it?[/quote]

My opinion...the RE5 360 stays at $400 (unless, of course, they can't sell them) because it has more "value" then the standard Elite. RE5 Elite w/ games for $400, Black Elite w/o games for $350. Just like the Halo 360 was priced higher than the Pro.

Yeah, I can't imagine this bundle going down in price... I have a feeling a price cut will occur shortly after about 90-95% of these are gone from retail.

Of course, we can always hope that Sony does something bizarre and cuts the prices on the PS3 early so MS has to retaliate. ;)

bread's done
Back