Resident Evil 5 Xbox Elite Bundle $399 - Back In Stock @ Amazon!

roguejedi5

CAGiversary!
Resident Evil Xbox Elite Bundle Priced @ $399 Ships 3/13/2009:

9239344cv1a.jpg
9239344cv3a.jpg

• Elite Console w/Exclusive Red Finish
  • Wireless Controler w/Matching Red Finish
  • Resident Evil 5 game
  • 120GB HDD
  • Exclusive RE5 Premium Theme
  • Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix (XBLA Game Code)
  • Wired headset
  • HD AV Component Cable
  • HDMI cable
  • Ethernet Cables
Available for Pre-Order @

iconamazon.gif
Amazon
iconbestbuy.gif
BestBuy
GameStop

-------------------------

I wish the color was a darker red, but this is a pretty good deal since they are giving all this without any markup from the price of the elite.

Last edited by a moderator:
My Amazon order just changed to "shipping soon" also. I might even get mine before Friday because I paid the $4 for 1 day shipping.

[quote name='newlu']My Amazon order status just changed to shipping soon....I should have it by friday (thanks to Prime)
transparent_pixel.gif

[/quote]

Haha! I am seriously not happy!!

Are people still ordering these? March 18th shipping for me too...

[quote name='newlu']My Amazon order status just changed to shipping soon....I should have it by friday (thanks to Prime)[/quote]

[quote name='cromb24']My Amazon order just changed to "shipping soon" also. I might even get mine before Friday because I paid the $4 for 1 day shipping.[/quote]

[quote name='placebo555']Same here "shipping soon" and I got next day so hopefully it will ship today so I will get it tommrow!![/quote]

Ditto, ditto, and ditto. Looks like Amazon is gearing up.

[quote name='Trollsmeesh']I wish I had the money for this, another two weeks at the minimum. :/[/quote]
Do what I am doing, sell your old one and if you don't want the LE codes and SF sell them too.

Just got an e-mail from Amazon...the system has shipped and will be arriving tomorrow.

Copied this from my e-mail:
via UPS (estimated delivery date: March 12,2009).

Gotta love Amazon and beating the 3/13 street date!!

[quote name='h3llbring3r']Do what I am doing, sell your old one and if you don't want the LE codes and SF sell them too.[/quote]

The problem is I don't have an old one. :/

I had the 400 dollars cash, but put it towards my 95 Camaro. :X

I just have to wait it out. :wall:

If my 360 were to red ring and I have the Best Buy warranty, could I get this bundle since it is the same price as a regular Elite?

[quote name='TortillaSoup']If my 360 were to red ring and I have the Best Buy warranty, could I get this bundle since it is the same price as a regular Elite?[/QUOTE]

If you have the old replacement warranty, yes. They'd just give you a gift card for the amount of your original purchase.

If you have the newer service plan, no. Check your paperwork to see which you have.

(Edit to add, unrelated but figured there was no need for another post, that my bundle preordered from Best Buy just shipped... I was all set to just get one in person on Friday morning [and maybe take the day off] but turns out a meeting that may be crucial to my job's future got scheduled for 10am on Friday... so I chickened out and ordered online... best of luck to you guys hunting one..!

And has anyone seen any other reports, other than Major Nelson's video, about these ALL being Jaspers?)

[quote name='cromb24']Just got an e-mail from Amazon...the system has shipped and will be arriving tomorrow.

Gotta love Amazon and beating the 3/13 street date!![/quote]
+1

[quote name='cromb24']Just got an e-mail from Amazon...the system has shipped and will be arriving tomorrow.

Gotta love Amazon and beating the 3/13 street date!![/quote]

[quote name='rick3000gto']+1[/quote]

+2

[quote name='BackInBlack']I have to sell my 360 on Friday, can't open until then. :(
transparent_pixel.gif

[/quote]

Why torture yourself like that?

[quote name='TheSaint11']Why torture yourself like that?[/quote]

I don't want my buyer to flake out on me :pray:
I want to make sure my current 360 is sold before I open the new one.

[quote name='BackInBlack']I doubt a console with no artwork could be very limited, i could be wrong.[/quote]

You are wrong.

Oh god, why the fuck did I cancel my Amazon order last night.

I go on newegg now, and they're charging $30 in taxes along with $15 shipping. fucking fuck.

I think it's hilarious that the video looks like an employee opening up the system at his Gamestop store. Look at the very end of the video, you can see a row of yellow-stickered games on a bottom shelf, and what looks like the entrance to their back room.

I just hope it was his and not one of the reserve customers :lol:

[quote name='grundy']I think it's hilarious that the video looks like an employee opening up the system at his Gamestop store. Look at the very end of the video, you can see a row of yellow-stickered games on a bottom shelf, and what looks like the entrance to their back room.

I just hope it was his and not one of the reserve customers :lol:[/QUOTE]

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, good catch.

[quote name='grundy']I think it's hilarious that the video looks like an employee opening up the system at his Gamestop store. Look at the very end of the video, you can see a row of yellow-stickered games on a bottom shelf, and what looks like the entrance to their back room.

I just hope it was his and not one of the reserve customers :lol:[/QUOTE]

Shit. I just realized that.

Also is this system going to be really that limited? I thought for sure it would be out for awhile. Good news for the re-sellers I guess.

[quote name='Megalith']This is so fucking lame. What are the chances of Amazon getting more in tonight?[/QUOTE]

Uhhhhh slim and none. Perhaps you should have just ordered from newegg immediately instead of waiting another day. And I really don't understand why they're not charging tax one day and are the next. And anyway I just went through the process to test it, and they still weren't charging me tax. So either you live in one of the very few states they do charge tax in, which means it would've been like that yesterday too, or you were looking at something wrong.

Another edit. Newegg still has them available by the way, so just order it and get it over with. I'm pretty sure the 3 states they listed as having to pay tax are CA, TN, and NJ. So if you live in one of those 3 states, you're just going to have to bite the bullet and pay tax.

[quote name='grundy']
I just hope it was his and not one of the reserve customers :lol:[/quote]

That is totally something GameStop would do.
"We just opened it for display purposes! Not so we could play around with it and look inside the box! We swear!"

I just hope it was his and not one of the reserve customers :lol:[/quote]
Holy $h!t :bomb:- It totally is a Gamestop, look at the channeled wall system, commercial carpet and yellow-stickered used games. No wonder they are using gloves and gingerly opening the packaging. This about what I would expect from their employees. You need to rip this, re-edit the audio and repost it with a title like: Gamestop employees gut your new consoles, not just your games.

That video doesn't really CONFIRM it is a Jasper, he flips the power supply cable by so fast I couldn't quite tell, and he just reads the manufacture date, he doesn't say it says 12.1A.

I fully believe these WILL be Jaspers, that video just doesn't really confirm fully that they are.

(edit: switched to HQ and it does look like a Jasper power adapter...)

[quote name='halofreak64']awesome my xbox shipped today coming in tomorrow.
transparent_pixel.gif

[/quote]

I saw the LTD edition Red one.. I almost ordered one... Wish I had now... coulda given the ugly black one to my daughter.

Shame on me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got my Amazon shipping confirmation for tomorrow as well, SWEET!

As for the video, definitely a Gamestop, most likely an employee's Xbox. They did the same at my Gamestop with the Halo 3 LE.

Enjoy everybody!

Later,

Alex

[quote name='bsesb2003']I have an Elite now, but liked the RE Elite, but you cannot transfer 120 to a different 120 via the cable, so I may just flip the RE Elite.[/quote]

Cant you just swap one HD for the other? No transfer cable needed?

[quote name='Justin42']If you have the old replacement warranty, yes. They'd just give you a gift card for the amount of your original purchase.

If you have the newer service plan, no. Check your paperwork to see which you have.[/quote]

Hmmm, I may have to get my paperwork. When was the policy changed? I got my Elite + Warranty in Sept 2007.

first time poster, been following this site for a while but been to lazy to create an acocunt. anyway, my second xbox360 RROD in novemeber (or december) cant remember and i have been holding out for a jasper elite. i almost got an elite when BB and gamestop did the $50 gift cert promotion, but held out because i could never find a jasper. real happy i did.

i pre ordered this at gamestop last week and would be in line for the RE5 party starting at 10pm tomorrow night for the launch of the bundle. been playing the demo on my PS3 for a whiel now and really excited about it. i actually went out to get RE4 for PS2 to play on my PS3 for $9 at gamestop since i have never played it before. it has been holding me until RE5. i am not a big fan of RE5 but appreciate that this is a good game and can't wait to play it.

i want to get L4D with it, but its still pretty expensive for me since i try not to spend more than $40 on a game unless i reaally want it. might drop in a copy of race pro since that is $34.99 used and i am a big racing fan.

anyway, i am going on and on and my fingers are falling asleep. oh yea, last thing, i went to a couple of gamestops today and they all said thier pre orders are sold out, so i have a feeling this bundle is going to be have to come by if you didn't pre order.

all the best to the rest of you.

[quote name='bsesb2003']I have an Elite now, but liked the RE Elite, but you cannot transfer 120 to a different 120 via the cable, so I may just flip the RE Elite.[/quote]

I was debating about getting an RE5 system myself but I was uncertain about this key point and looking at Xbox's page on this, it says you can't move stuff from the larger 120 drive

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/systemuse/xbox360/console/datamigration.htm

But it sounds more like the files can only be moved once rather some hardware limitation on the 120 drive (the instructions only refer to 20GB drives as the origin drive to be have files moved off to another drive)....Has anyone actually tired using a transfer cable with an Elite 120 GB drive to another 120 GB drive?

Also you could just drop your current 120 drive on the RE5 system and pimp off the RE5 drive off separately...Yeah, you'll need do that license transfer thing at xbox.com, but that should work, shouldn't it?

[quote name='perfectnobody']first time poster, been following this site for a while but been to lazy to create an acocunt. anyway, my second xbox360 RROD in novemeber (or december) cant remember and i have been holding out for a jasper elite. i almost got an elite when BB and gamestop did the $50 gift cert promotion, but held out because i could never find a jasper. real happy i did.

i pre ordered this at gamestop last week and would be in line for the RE5 party starting at 10pm tomorrow night for the launch of the bundle. been playing the demo on my PS3 for a whiel now and really excited about it. i actually went out to get RE4 for PS2 to play on my PS3 for $9 at gamestop since i have never played it before. it has been holding me until RE5. i am not a big fan of RE5 but appreciate that this is a good game and can't wait to play it.

i want to get L4D with it, but its still pretty expensive for me since i try not to spend more than $40 on a game unless i reaally want it. might drop in a copy of race pro since that is $34.99 used and i am a big racing fan.

anyway, i am going on and on and my fingers are falling asleep. oh yea, last thing, i went to a couple of gamestops today and they all said thier pre orders are sold out, so i have a feeling this bundle is going to be have to come by if you didn't pre order.

all the best to the rest of you.[/quote]

Why not get it from NewEgg and sell the gift cert on eBay? You'll save on tax buying from NewEgg.

[quote name='K_G']I was debating about getting an RE5 system myself but I was uncertain about this key point and looking at Xbox's page on this, it says you can't move stuff from the larger 120 drive

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/systemuse/xbox360/console/datamigration.htm

But it sounds more like the files can only be moved once rather some hardware limitation on the 120 drive (the instructions only refer to 20GB drives as the origin drive to be have files moved off to another drive)....Has anyone actually tired using a transfer cable with an Elite 120 GB drive to another 120 GB drive?

Also you could just drop your current 120 drive on the RE5 system and pimp off the RE5 drive off separately...Yeah, you'll need do that license transfer thing at xbox.com, but that should work, shouldn't it?[/QUOTE]

dont have the facts on this, but my best guess is you should be able to use your old 120gb just fine on the new system if you cannot transfer yourr files. i guess i understand why you would want to keep the new 120gb, but i wouldn;t worry too much if you have to use your old one since i ahven't heard the HDD's breaking down as much as the consoles themselves. with regards to licensing of games you already bought, so long as your console is online and you are logged on, i think you should be fine.

again, this is just my guess..

[quote name='outsider']Why not get it from NewEgg and sell the gift cert on eBay? You'll save on tax buying from NewEgg.[/QUOTE]

gift cert????

oh prey do tell...lol

Regarding the "limited"-ness of the system.. I've been told it's just for launch day, but there may be some in stores for a while, depending on how many were initially made for the launch overall. Supplies on everything are going to be a little more slimmer this year due to the economy.

I'm sure this will be hard to get ahold of on launch day, but after a few weeks, it may be readily available.

Anybody that thinks that this is going to be limited is fooling themselves. Microsoft is not Madcatz and will mass produce the shit out of these LEs and these will be found everywhere. Local Walmart already has 12 of these put out today.

I keep bouncing back in my head if I should pick one of these up or not. I have enough reward zone coupons to offset the tax. I have a launch 360 and would like the bigger hdd and want RE5. Need to decide before Friday morning i suppose.

Well I finally went for it, I've been going back and forth but I decided my Halo 3 Edition HDD was just too small, plus ever since it was replaced for the RROD I've been waiting for it to happen again. I went for the newegg deal with 2% cashback and I think it came to like $406 shipped.

I sold my Wii to my sister today and will probably sell my Halo 360 on ebay so I may even come out a little ahead on this deal.

I wonder if these will be hard to find like the MGS4 PS3 bundles or be everywhere like the Halo 3 Limited Edition bundles were? I don't think they sold as well as they would have if they would have included the game.

bread's done
Back