Resident Evil 5 Xbox Elite Bundle $399 - Back In Stock @ Amazon!

roguejedi5

CAGiversary!
Resident Evil Xbox Elite Bundle Priced @ $399 Ships 3/13/2009:

9239344cv1a.jpg
9239344cv3a.jpg

• Elite Console w/Exclusive Red Finish
  • Wireless Controler w/Matching Red Finish
  • Resident Evil 5 game
  • 120GB HDD
  • Exclusive RE5 Premium Theme
  • Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix (XBLA Game Code)
  • Wired headset
  • HD AV Component Cable
  • HDMI cable
  • Ethernet Cables
Available for Pre-Order @

iconamazon.gif
Amazon
iconbestbuy.gif
BestBuy
GameStop

-------------------------

I wish the color was a darker red, but this is a pretty good deal since they are giving all this without any markup from the price of the elite.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='placebo555']Jasper 12.1 150w and was built 01/23/09. :applause:[/quote]

Jasper here. Mine has the same born-on date too! Nice.

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']God what an awful CE (minus the case)...[/quote]

Ya, I'd say you have to be a pretty serious colllector to spend $30 extra on this

[quote name='Megalith']I would have ordered from Newegg if these idiots didn't charge tax and shipping.[/quote]

I tried to order 100 SD Cards the other day and they wanted to charge me $125 for shipping! Seriously, how much do SD cards weigh?!

I remember back in the day almost everything on there site was free shipping, it was awesome. I used to buy everything I needed on separate orders because you also got free gifts with a lot of stuff as well.

[quote name='skyywelker']

I remember back in the day almost everything on there site was free shipping, it was awesome. I used to buy everything I needed on separate orders because you also got free gifts with a lot of stuff as well.[/quote]

AND you still seriously ask yourself why they stop that now? YAY free shipping, im going to make it even MORE expensive for them by being an @ss and ordering 5,000 SD cards in seperate orders, and then complain 2 years later when they start charging for shipping about how unfair it is.

[quote name='lorkeng']AND you still seriously ask yourself why they stop that now? YAY free shipping, im going to make it even MORE expensive for them by being an @ss and ordering 5,000 SD cards in seperate orders, and then complain 2 years later when they start charging for shipping about how unfair it is.[/quote]

Haha, he got yout there ;)

I hadn't used them in awhile until recently (upgrading my rig) and I was surprised that they don't charge tax, at least for my state. I don't recall them doing that before (than again it had been at least 3+ years since I had used them).

[quote name='lorkeng']AND you still seriously ask yourself why they stop that now? YAY free shipping, im going to make it even MORE expensive for them by being an @ss and ordering 5,000 SD cards in seperate orders, and then complain 2 years later when they start charging for shipping about how unfair it is.[/quote]

Yes that is exactly what I did, way to jump to conclusions. I guess I should have been more clear to avoid assholes like you jumping all over me. When I built my computer a lot of the more expensive parts came with free gifts, so I ordered them all separately to be eligible for all the free gifts. I'm pretty sure if they are selling something with free shipping and giving a free gift away with it they are not going to do so if they are losing money on the deal.

I also think the reason the free shipping went away was because gas prices (therefore shipping charges) went way up. Furthermore I'm pretty sure they were never going to give away free gifts with $3 SD cards.

In conclusion go fuck yourself douschebag

HOLY FUUUUUUUUCK my elite shipped today and it's coming tomorrow! The shipping estimate was the 18th and it said I would get it between 25th-31st! WOW, it's coming much much earlier fuck yeah bitches

so what are the chances of Wal-Mart putting these out at midnight? and i can confirm that non-SuperTargets are NOT getting the console only the game--not sure about Super Targets tho

[quote name='skyywelker']I tried to order 100 SD Cards the other day and they wanted to charge me $125 for shipping! Seriously, how much do SD cards weigh?!

I remember back in the day almost everything on there site was free shipping, it was awesome. I used to buy everything I needed on separate orders because you also got free gifts with a lot of stuff as well.[/quote]

Nicely said:applause:

[quote name='mva5580'][/quote]

Is the DVD cover chrome or black? Does the copy of RE5 have NOT FOR RESALE on the back or a normal barcode?

[quote name='skyywelker']Yes that is exactly what I did, way to jump to conclusions. I guess I should have been more clear to avoid assholes like you jumping all over me. When I built my computer a lot of the more expensive parts came with free gifts, so I ordered them all separately to be eligible for all the free gifts. I'm pretty sure if they are selling something with free shipping and giving a free gift away with it they are not going to do so if they are losing money on the deal.

I also think the reason the free shipping went away was because gas prices (therefore shipping charges) went way up. Furthermore I'm pretty sure they were never going to give away free gifts with $3 SD cards.

In conclusion go fuck yourself douschebag[/QUOTE]

You are complaining about a companies shipping costs. That is totally up to their jurisdiction. If you dont want to buy from newegg, solely for shipping reasons alone, then you have no one to blame but yourself. Sorry, but you are looking like quite the asshole here. Take a breather man.

[quote name='gomikeoh']You are complaining about a companies shipping costs. That is totally up to their jurisdiction. If you dont want to buy from newegg, solely for shipping reasons alone, then you have no one to blame but yourself. Sorry, but you are looking like quite the asshole here. Take a breather man.[/quote]

Ya man I can see your point, i probably do look like an ass here. It's just that I order from newegg all the time and usually find there shipping to be pretty reasonable as compared with some other places, that's why that $125 shipping charge really took me by surprise.

With the way they do business they could probably charge more on most things and I'd still be ok with it. Hell, I ordered my RE5 360 late last night and they shipped it today, should be here tomorrow, you can't beat that!

Playing RE 5 on my slick new Elite... Same as others... this IS a Jasper... 12.1A with a born on date of 1/15/2009 and 150W power supply. Back to playing....

[quote name='mva5580']Chrome, and yes it has a "Not for resale" on the back.[/quote]

Crap...I thought the one Major Nelson opened had a "shiny" black tray

Like here:

re5consoleup-31.png

Last edited by a moderator:
..............it's really not that big of a deal.

But if the color of the DVD tray cover is a deal breaker for you, then I guess it's a deal breaker for you. Sorry for your disappointment.

[quote name='h2dk']Crap...I thought the one Major Nelson opened had a "shiny" black tray

[/quote]

I'm with you, I thought most of us were hoping for the rumored 'black chrome'. Oh well, I'm still hearing most people saying it looks better in person than it does in pictures and it looks pretty good in the pictures

Actually, if you look closely, based on what we now know (due to people posting pics), the tray was always chrome. When they took the photo, their may have been a dark reflection from the lower half of the tray (or they shaded it that way if it's photoshopped).

Man, I can't believe I had to type a paragraph regarding the color of a disc tray....

I was one of the first to pre-order through Amazon. I recieved mine yesterday and I'm sitting in Kuwait, Amazon never seems to cease to amaze me.

fwiw i called one of the Super Wal-Marts near me who said they had a truck coming in and they're suppose to have the RE Xbox on the floor by 12:01 am so if you want one tonight there ya go....i'm heading over there in a few mins and will post back w/ results

[quote name='mva5580']..............it's really not that big of a deal.

But if the color of the DVD tray cover is a deal breaker for you, then I guess it's a deal breaker for you. Sorry for your disappointment.[/quote]

The Halo 360 had an orange tray, thought this one had a black one. By no means is it a deal breaker, just would have been that much sweeter.

-- Alex

P.S. Anybody know if there are going to be red rechargeable battery packs for sale separately?

[quote name='alexandertyler']

P.S. Anybody know if there are going to be red rechargeable battery packs for sale separately?[/quote]

I'm just putting my black one in it

[quote name='Taboner']I'll check my Best Buy tomorrow so I can use my warranty and get one.[/quote]

That's what I'm doing except I'm upgradeing. My Arcade has been acting like shit lately.

I upgraded my Premium to an Elite for $50 in December 2007. Now since the price is the same, I am getting the new one for free:)

Well I have RE5 CE coming to and I'm selling the one in the bundle to my brother for 50$ so it only costs me about 80$ upgrade thanks to my wonderful 60$ BB giftcard.

[quote name='Taboner']I'll check my Best Buy tomorrow so I can use my warranty and get one.[/quote]

anyone know if this will work at gamestop as well? I know they were only doing pre-orders at first too but just wondering if anyone who works there or knows someone who works there can tell me if I can take back my elite and switch it off for one of these. if so, this deal would be the best for me so far.

[quote name='intoxicated662']anyone know if this will work at gamestop as well? I know they were only doing pre-orders at first too but just wondering if anyone who works there or knows someone who works there can tell me if I can take back my elite and switch it off for one of these. if so, this deal would be the best for me so far.[/quote]

Dont think so. I believe GameStop warrenty is completely different.

GameStop only switches out consoles for system errors. They wouldn't exchange my PS3 w/ a broken disk drive even though I payed extra for the warranty:(

For some reason my red xbox wont play the Resident Evil 5 Disk it came with? I put it in and it trys to read it and then it just acts like theres no disk in. It plays all my other games fine though. Anyone else have this problem?

[quote name='mva5580']..............it's really not that big of a deal.

But if the color of the DVD tray cover is a deal breaker for you, then I guess it's a deal breaker for you. Sorry for your disappointment.[/quote]

Nah...I just had my wife convinced that if I swap on a black faceplate, it would blend in with the rest of the equipment (she doesn't care for the chrome on the PS3 either)

[quote name='placebo555']For some reason my red xbox wont play the Resident Evil 5 Disk it came with? I put it in and it trys to read it and then it just acts like theres no disk in. It plays all my other games fine though. Anyone else have this problem?[/quote]

Mine had a DVD read error half way when I used the install to hard drive option. I tried it again and it installed successfully and been playing for awhile with no issue. Other than that no problems.

Best Buy just opened the bundle up for in-store pickup orders, might be a much better option for anyone who hasn't gotten a preorder in anywhere else...

I'm tempted to do it, even though I have one in transit, but it won't be here til Tuesday...

[quote name='Justin42']Best Buy just opened the bundle up for in-store pickup orders, might be a much better option for anyone who hasn't gotten a preorder in anywhere else...

I'm tempted to do it, even though I have one in transit, but it won't be here til Tuesday...[/QUOTE]

Yep just noticed that. Ordered one for in-store pickup. Woot.

I have to definitely say if you are on the fence and looking to get an elite, get this bundle! Oh and the red looks so much better in-person.

I do kind of wish they bundled the play-n-charge battery and adapter with this like they did with the Halo SE. But with the Capcom games included I can see they already are giving you plenty for the elite price.

But how are we supposed to get a matching red rechargable battery aside from buying the red controller kit? My white batteries are not a showstopper, but it would be cool to get some red ones.

bread's done
Back