Resident Evil 5 Xbox Elite Bundle $399 - Back In Stock @ Amazon!

roguejedi5

CAGiversary!
Resident Evil Xbox Elite Bundle Priced @ $399 Ships 3/13/2009:

9239344cv1a.jpg
9239344cv3a.jpg

• Elite Console w/Exclusive Red Finish
  • Wireless Controler w/Matching Red Finish
  • Resident Evil 5 game
  • 120GB HDD
  • Exclusive RE5 Premium Theme
  • Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix (XBLA Game Code)
  • Wired headset
  • HD AV Component Cable
  • HDMI cable
  • Ethernet Cables
Available for Pre-Order @

iconamazon.gif
Amazon
iconbestbuy.gif
BestBuy
GameStop

-------------------------

I wish the color was a darker red, but this is a pretty good deal since they are giving all this without any markup from the price of the elite.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Sw33tbombs']NO BLACK CHROME???? WHAT THE fuck IS THAT SHIT?! SAYS NOT FOR RESALE ON THE BACK???? fuckKKKK I WASSTED $400 BUCKS- sorta. What a downer...[/QUOTE]

I hope you're being sarcastic and if you're not......seriously. Get a life.

Who gives a care about a "not for resale" UPC on the game? Unless you are one of those return fraud types, I'm glad its a downer for you.

Whoa ... I nominate Sw33tBombs for most intense posting in a thread 2009. On a related note, it looks like these aren't holding their value on eBay quite like people thought, well I should say the prices don't appear to be soaring to the Buy It Now heights that people think they're going to get from what I've been seeing over the past few days.

Also, for those who didn't see Fido's Frys post, these will be in stock tomorrow at Frys. Happy to hunting to those in the market ... I'm holding out for the Fairytale Fights 360 that will be announced next month ;-).

[quote name='v0yce']Does anyone know if there is any way to get MS points refunded or something if you already have SF HD Remix?[/QUOTE]

No, but you can sell the code or just give it to someone else...

[quote name='v0yce']Does anyone know if there is any way to get MS points refunded or something if you already have SF HD Remix?[/quote]

I'll buy the code if u already have it :D

[quote name='eastx']No, but you can sell the code or just give it to someone else...[/QUOTE]

Sold mine on eBay for $10...listing lasted about 10 minutes.

I'm sure I could have got more if I had included the theme code.

Question, if you install a game to HDD, when you delete it to make space, does all of your saved game data get erased? That's what I heard- except you can keep your achievements. If this is true, I don't see any point in installing it. You're taking up 8 gigs- sure the disc won't spin, but those 8 gigs are used up- forever, unless you want to restart your game from the beginning and lose everything you've earned.

[quote name='Sw33tbombs']Question, if you install a game to HDD, when you delete it to make space, does all of your saved game data get erased? That's what I heard- except you can keep your achievements. If this is true, I don't see any point in installing it. You're taking up 8 gigs- sure the disc won't spin, but those 8 gigs are used up- forever, unless you want to restart your game from the beginning and lose everything you've earned.[/QUOTE]

That's false. The game install shows up as 1 file in the hard drive browser. Game saves and downloads are completely separate.

[quote name='etcrane']Whoa ... I nominate Sw33tBombs for most intense posting in a thread 2009. On a related note, it looks like these aren't holding their value on eBay quite like people thought, well I should say the prices don't appear to be soaring to the Buy It Now heights that people think they're going to get from what I've been seeing over the past few days.[/QUOTE]

Thats because every best buy in the country has them. Not so limited edition after all...

I work there and it came in on the trucks last night, we recieved 4 consoles. Im in Erie, Pennsylvania. Call your local Sams club, they may have it and not even know it though so just talk to the right person that will look for it. It first come first serve, I thought these were preorder only? I was shocked when I received them. I want to buy one cause it looks badass but I think I might just get the red controller. I got 2 360s as it is. Hope I helped someone whos looking for it.

[quote name='Ribbercage']I work there and it came in on the trucks last night, we recieved 4 consoles. Im in Erie, Pennsylvania. Call your local Sams club, they may have it and not even know it though so just talk to the right person that will look for it. It first come first serve, I thought these were preorder only? I was shocked when I received them. I want to buy one cause it looks badass but I think I might just get the red controller. I got 2 360s as it is. Hope I helped someone whos looking for it.[/quote]

Thanks for the tip. This might make a good back-up.

Guys quick question.

Did anyone have luck getting this with their Best Buy warranty? One guy I called at one store said no since it is a promo. A woman at another store said they will give me store credit and I can re-purchase any of them.

[quote name='KurtCobain']Local Best Buy had 10 of them. I grabbed one. Yes, it is sexy. And it was the actual RE5 box, not just a cover over an Elite box.[/QUOTE]

were there people making line and got a paper handed out meaning you are getting one or did you just walk in when they open?

[quote name='Outrun9']were there people making line and got a paper handed out meaning you are getting one or did you just walk in when they open?[/QUOTE]

There was a small line, maybe 6 people, but they didn't hand out anything. I live in the middle of no where, we don't have fancy things like crowds or free paper.

Any word from Capcom on how "limited" this really is? I don't see the price dropping on it but I'd rather just pick it up a bit cheaper on ebay.

[quote name='technole']Who gives a care about a "not for resale" UPC on the game? Unless you are one of those return fraud types, I'm glad its a downer for you.[/quote]

Damn dude, never said it was a downer. I only asked because I don't want the game and the person I am selling it to asked.

It was a "Jump to Conclusions" mat. You see, it would be this mat that you would put on the floor... and would have different CONCLUSIONS written on it that you could JUMP TO.

70384439_ba1fd5b9de.jpg

[quote name='rarebucky']Any word from Capcom on how "limited" this really is? I don't see the price dropping on it but I'd rather just pick it up a bit cheaper on ebay.[/quote]

good luck people on ebay think these bundles are supposed to be a gold mine

Funny thing is, most eBay sellers are offering free shipping and not making much over the $399. Even if you make $450 or $500, by the time you factor in shipping (expensive to ship something as heavy as a 360), the tax they most likely paid, plus eBay and Paypal fees I can't see anyone making much of a profit. The only folks who will truly profit are those who sold these consoles before today, or in the extreme circumstance that they sell out over the weekend and become hard to find in the next week or two.

Holy Moly! $399
You mean they have it for what it retails for?

Stop the presses!
Someone make this a front page post!

Did anyone have luck getting this with their Best Buy warranty? One guy I called at one store said no since it is a promo. A woman at another store said they will give me store credit and I can re-purchase any of them.

I just had success at a local BB. My 6 month old elite died (RROD) last week and I have been waiting to use the BB replacement plan for this bundle. Since my box was under the 1 year mark and had an issue covered by the manufacturer my replacement plan is still active. Hopefully I won't have to use the plan again with the new chip set. Now back to 4 more hours of work =(............

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']It available at online.
transparent_pixel.gif
[/quote]

bought two @ amazon total: $799.99

I thought that was a fairly decent deal.

In terms of swapping HDD's...I just took off the 120 from the prior console and put snapped in on the RE console, and everything seems fine, the arcade games worked. I haven't gone through all of them yet.

[quote name='bsesb2003']In terms of swapping HDD's...I just took off the 120 from the prior console and put snapped in on the RE console, and everything seems fine, the arcade games worked. I haven't gone through all of them yet.[/quote]

The only hassle will come from having to reinstall all of your games onto HDD (assuming you had any). Those installs become invalid once you use them on the new console.

Also, your Arcade games may be unplayable when you're not signed in to Live...I think.

[quote name='bsesb2003']In terms of swapping HDD's...I just took off the 120 from the prior console and put snapped in on the RE console, and everything seems fine, the arcade games worked. I haven't gone through all of them yet.[/quote]

They won't work if you sign off of Live, though. You have to re-download them. Google search for info on how to do it, you may be able to reset your license on xbox.com so you can use them on your RE console, even while offline.

I don't know how many people read this who live in the Phoenix area but I just left the Best Buy near Frank Lloyd Wright Blvd/Hayden in Scottsdale and they had 10 of these systems on the floor.

No problem. There were 2 at the very front when you walk in the store, and they had the other 8 further back by the game section. I would imagine you'll have no trouble getting one considering it's noon and I can't imagine they've sold much, if any at all of them by now.

By the way, they let me use my Best Buy warranty for it! Thanks guys!

AND
I told them that I kept my hard drive at home and they can just take it out of the box, but they forgot to and when I got home, I noticed I now have 2 120 GB HDs:)

[quote name='Scorch']They won't work if you sign off of Live, though. You have to re-download them. Google search for info on how to do it, you may be able to reset your license on xbox.com so you can use them on your RE console, even while offline.[/QUOTE]

Aaah, thanks for the tips!

[quote name='h2dk']Is this: Exclusive RE5 Premium Theme

preinstalled on the hard drive?[/QUOTE]

No, you get a code -- also the RE 360 is back up on Amazon.

I went there this morning, they have 8 on the floor and 20 on the RSS system (Some worker forgot to turn off the RSS from the kiosk display). I also checked Collector's Edition that they have 7 copies for the PS3 & 9 for the XBox 360.

[quote name='Taboner']By the way, they let me use my Best Buy warranty for it! Thanks guys!

AND
I told them that I kept my hard drive at home and they can just take it out of the box, but they forgot to and when I got home, I noticed I now have 2 120 GB HDs:)[/QUOTE]

I'm sure they also have your phone number on file and will call for the other one when they discover the error.

Why would this be limited ... Microsoft is in the business of selling consoles, not fueling the videogame collectible market. Nothing is limited in this market ... the only guarantee of something being limited and thus more valuable is if the product has a specific number attached to it and the production run is limited to that number. Limited edition consoles are similar to the "holiday edition" consoles ... sure these will disappear once the hype for RE5 dies down and gamers move on to the next big thing, but Microsoft wants to grow their user-base, not alienate people who see this bundle and then can't find it anywhere. It's a good value for those looking to upgrade, but definitely not some sort of investment that will pay off in the long term.

Guess what's back in stock at Amazon btw ... ;-)

[quote name='bsesb2003']No, you get a code -- also the RE 360 is back up on Amazon.[/quote]

Where is the code located? I went through it once and didn't see anything

disregard...I see it is on the same card as the XBLA game

I just got back from BB where I used my replacement plan on my pro to get this. They had 4 in stock when I got there. My born on date was 01-23-2009 and its a jasper so I am happy. I must say that the red is a lot better in person than I thought it would be just like other people have posted.
I now need to find a way to trade my theme and SF II HD to get the PS3 version of SF II HD since I play my fighting games mostly on my PS3.

I seriously don't understand people's obsession with whether or not it's going to be "limited."

It's.

A.

Video.

Game.

System.

Who freaking cares? If you buy something like this really hoping that it's going to be worth a lot of money someday, or whatever, I think your priorities are a tad mis-guided. And considering the total cluster**** of an economy we're in right now, do you REALLY think there are going to be a ton of people running out and begging to spend $400 on this Xbox 360 when there's an Arcade version they can buy for $200, buy them used off Craigslist, etc? Right now (thankfully,) people have other priorities. And yeah if you're a guy who has disposable income right now and you can afford it, great. You should be thankful. But for people to be so gung-ho about a video game system being limited, worth a lot, or whatever right now, I think there are SLIGHTLY more important things.

I think the day where a video game system sells for no more than MSRP on Ebay will be a great, great day to be honest. It's utterly ridiculous to see things such as this bought for more than the MSRP. Hell it's ridiculous to see ANYTHING bought for more than MSRP.

I have this system, and I couldn't give a crap whatsoever whether it ends up being worth anything or not. Again. It's just a video game system.

[quote name='mva5580']I seriously don't understand people's obsession with whether or not it's going to be "limited."

It's.

A.

Video.

Game.

System.

[/quote]

Thank you.

I mean, how many Halo 3 Edition consoles were produced and can still be purchased at B&M stores?

I think the most limited recent gen console has to be that gimped Metal Gear Solid 4 PS3, which wasn't neccesarily "limited".

Ugh... does it really matter what the console looks like? Like fathers say to fat daughters "It's what's on the inside that matters". It's an elite with a jasper. It could have polka dots on it. Don't really care. All this uproar about limited and color. Yikes.

Oh this is such bullshit, even Amazon has it in stock.

Why did everyone just sit on their asses yesterday and pretend it was limited.

I went by Best Buy at about 5pm, when I got off work, to pick up RE5. They had an entire table in the middle of the video game section dedicated to these. They must've had at least 15 in stock.

[quote name='Stang232']Ugh... does it really matter what the console looks like? Like fathers say to fat daughters "It's what's on the inside that matters". It's an elite with a jasper. It could have polka dots on it. Don't really care. All this uproar about limited and color. Yikes.[/QUOTE]

I was more interested in the Elite/Jasper part.

I'm still so torn on this, can't decide between this and a new video card. Question though am I going to have to track down a transfer kit if all my stuff's on a 20GB HDD? That would suck to lose all my saves.

bread's done
Back