Resident Evil 5 Xbox Elite Bundle $399 - Back In Stock @ Amazon!

roguejedi5

CAGiversary!
Resident Evil Xbox Elite Bundle Priced @ $399 Ships 3/13/2009:

9239344cv1a.jpg
9239344cv3a.jpg

• Elite Console w/Exclusive Red Finish
  • Wireless Controler w/Matching Red Finish
  • Resident Evil 5 game
  • 120GB HDD
  • Exclusive RE5 Premium Theme
  • Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix (XBLA Game Code)
  • Wired headset
  • HD AV Component Cable
  • HDMI cable
  • Ethernet Cables
Available for Pre-Order @

iconamazon.gif
Amazon
iconbestbuy.gif
BestBuy
GameStop

-------------------------

I wish the color was a darker red, but this is a pretty good deal since they are giving all this without any markup from the price of the elite.

Last edited by a moderator:
I won't have enough money to purchase one for about 2 weeks so I'm hoping places like bestbuy will still have them in stock. Last time I checked they said they had 2 or so but they were not sure if they were getting more shipments in anytime soon.

Ok am I reading this correct that I have to mail Microsoft something to get the transfer kit and then wait for it to come before I can use the new hard drive?

Important If you want to transfer your saved games and other content from your existing hard drive (the source drive) to a different hard drive (the destination drive), do not attach the destination drive to your Xbox 360 console until you have transferred the contents of the source drive according to the instructions in this section. Any content that you stored on the destination hard drive before the content transfer will be lost.

The red is definitely better looking that I thought it would be, just happy to have a Jasper.
My game box for RE was cracked and broken though.

Checking out a BestBuy a little further away from me since the closest one to me was out of them. I hope I get it!

Wow. I thought I was free from the temptation because it was out of stock yesterday. Now it's still around. Crap. Soooooooo tempting, plus I want some SFIV too!

I like the red but I already have a arcade jasper with the extra memory card on the motherboard. If I didn't, I would be all over this.

[quote name='mmercer13']The red is definitely better looking that I thought it would be, just happy to have a Jasper.
My game box for RE was cracked and broken though.[/quote]

Mine was too on the top and bottom on the same places, maybe the machine did it putting them in.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Megalith']Oh this is such bullshit, even Amazon has it in stock.

Why did everyone just sit on their asses yesterday and pretend it was limited.[/quote]

umm maybe becuase no one here works for microsoft, nor can they detect the future. SFIV tournament sticks, RE5 limited edition xbox 360 elite, blah blah blah. you win some, you lose some; dont hate the player, hate the game

[quote name='redshadow']Did you sniff the xbox? Or kiss it?

Either way...It's just a game console...[/quote]

Sniffed it:p The original audio was perfect, but my sister was annoying me.

Just came back with one from EB. Best Buy also had about 25 of them right up front. These shouldn't be hard to find for now.
Bbb

I saw about a dozen RE5 Systems at Best Buy at Arundle Mills in MD around 6 PM this evening...A few were in the center of the store but most were by the interior mall entrance.

today I walked in to a gamestop at around noon and they had 1 Xbox resident evil system, so I bought it.

This leads me to the following...

I had pre ordered one at Amazon but since I bought it at gamestop with $200 in store credit, I will refuse the shipment when it arrives at my home in March 19th.

Does anyone know if I will get charged for shipping it back when I refused to take it from UPS?
Has anyone refused items from Amazon before?

Thanks in advance

These aren't going to be truly limited, more like the Halo edition limited. I picked one up at BB, they had 22 and I am in Alaska. There were 6 at my TRU (I tried to get in on the deal for the pro but it was a no go) and they are at the Walmarts to, so I figure if there are that many up here in the middle of nowhere, they can't be too limited.

I also scored some more Watchmen tickets with mine as well, so anyone wanting to get one at BB should see if they still have the tickets floating around.

[quote name='amusedtoe']So go to the store and out of the 20 we got they already had 2 returned bricked. That put me off it pretty quick.[/QUOTE]

Mod newbs?

[quote name='alexandertyler']Anybody get their transfer kits to work for the 120 gb to 120 gb hdd transfer? I tried several times with no joy.

-- Alex[/quote]

Wow that is lame.

Thanks for the heads up, I also wanted to do this.

[quote name='Doomtime']Wow that is lame.

Thanks for the heads up, I also wanted to do this.[/quote]

Apparently the reason mine does not work is because I had transferred my 20GB HDD to the 120GB HDD way back when and you can only transfer a HDD once!

I said screw it, borrowed a memory card, copied all of my game saves, then reassigned all of my market place downloads to the new console. It has taken me several hours but I am almost done moving everything or re-downloading them.

Good luck to everybody else.

-- Alex

[quote name='alexandertyler']Apparently the reason mine does not work is because I had transferred my 20GB HDD to the 120GB HDD way back when and you can only transfer a HDD once!

I said screw it, borrowed a memory card, copied all of my game saves, then reassigned all of my market place downloads to the new console. It has taken me several hours but I am almost done moving everything or re-downloading them.

Good luck to everybody else.

-- Alex[/quote]

Actually,

If you read http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/systemuse/xbox360/console/datamigration.htm It says specifically that the transfer only works FROM a 20GB HDD to a 120GB HDD.

"You have the option to perform a one-time transfer of content from a 20GB Xbox 360 hard drive to another Xbox 360 20GB or Xbox 360 120GB hard drive..... The transfer kit cannot move content from the larger 120GB drive."

Might as well just have plugged your old drive into the RED elite and called it good. It's not like they made any drastic changes or improvements to the HDDs, they're still just Hard Drives. And very expensive ones at that. If i were to bite on this LE Red system, even though i already own an elite and it works fine, I'd just keep my trusty old HDD in the RED and maybe keep the elite around just in case.

[quote name='redsoxfan87']Actually,

If you read http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/systemuse/xbox360/console/datamigration.htm It says specifically that the transfer only works FROM a 20GB HDD to a 120GB HDD.

"You have the option to perform a one-time transfer of content from a 20GB Xbox 360 hard drive to another Xbox 360 20GB or Xbox 360 120GB hard drive..... The transfer kit cannot move content from the larger 120GB drive."

Might as well just have plugged your old drive into the RED elite and called it good. It's not like they made any drastic changes or improvements to the HDDs, they're still just Hard Drives. And very expensive ones at that. If i were to bite on this LE Red system, even though i already own an elite and it works fine, I'd just keep my trusty old HDD in the RED and maybe keep the elite around just in case.[/QUOTE]

Sucks that the 120 gig drives bought separately don't match the Red & Black Elite theme though ... I'd probably be bothered by it enough to go through the hassle of transferring everything over just because the gray on black would bother me ... ;-). They had around 10 of these at Best Buy tonight ... can't wait til Amazon puts them on sale, then perhaps I'll bite.

Might as well just have plugged your old drive into the RED elite and called it good. It's not like they made any drastic changes or improvements to the HDDs, they're still just Hard Drives. And very expensive ones at that. If i were to bite on this LE Red system, even though i already own an elite and it works fine, I'd just keep my trusty old HDD in the RED and maybe keep the elite around just in case.[/QUOTE]

There's another link that said you could go from 120 to 120, but that appears from the posts above to only work if its a one time transfer, so if someone transferred 20 to 120 then they couldn't transfer again to another 120.

How many times in the same thread are people gona say that the 120 to 120 transfer does not work? At least now we know if you have never transferred you can def. go 120>120.

[quote name='gepet0']The new jasper units does the pro have onboard memory as well? I was wondering if all the jasper boards were universal?[/quote]

AFAIK only the Arcade Jaspers have extra onboard memory, in order to save the NXE entirely in memory.

[quote name='BackInBlack']How many times in the same thread are people gona say that the 120 to 120 transfer does not work? At least now we know if you have never transferred you can def. go 120>120.[/QUOTE]

I think we would know a little better if someone was able to successfully do it.

Might as well just have plugged your old drive into the RED elite and called it good. It's not like they made any drastic changes or improvements to the HDDs, they're still just Hard Drives. And very expensive ones at that. If i were to bite on this LE Red system, even though i already own an elite and it works fine, I'd just keep my trusty old HDD in the RED and maybe keep the elite around just in case.[/quote]

Actually,

If you read this article from the MS website updated on 12/23/2008 (Revision 5.0) and that was posted in this thread on page 22, you would see that the 120GB --> 120GB HDD transfer is supposed to be possible.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/937279?sd=xbox

-- Alex

Got my System in last night. took me a couple hours transferring my saves from my old xbox 360 to the new elite using a 56 meg memory card.

I had to trick to save files though since you can't Copy or Transfer them from one xbox to the other.

Perfect Dark Zero i had to go in the game, load my game, Change copy save location to the memory card, then load my data from the memory card to the new 36-, load up PDZ, and load the data, and change the save slot again to the new Hard Drive, and then save it. Kinda Troublesome.

I found no solution however on how to transfer my DOA4 data. It wont let me change save devices in game and i cant copy or transfer the data. So i guess that save data is lost. Ugh.

Got my system yesterday. Sure is pretty =)

I Saw it mentioned earlier in the thread, so I thought I'd speak up as well. I don't have any interest in my code for Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix. . . So I'm going to sell/trade it. Figured I'd post it here before I slapped it on ebay.

I'm wanting $10 (Paypal) or an itunes gift card in trade. PM me if you are interested =-) I'll go ahead and put up a trade thread in the appropriate forum as well.

And to save the question, yes. . . I have already used the RE5 Theme code ;)

Welp returned the arcade through my warrenty. Got the price of the 279.99 I payed. Then just bought this with a new warrenty. It's pretty bad ass. Red controller with black accents! w00t!!! Putting my black recharge pack in it! So damn sweet

[quote name='Logical Dolphin']AFAIK only the Arcade Jaspers have extra onboard memory, in order to save the NXE entirely in memory.[/quote]

Any reason that benefits having an Arcade over an RE5 console, like the NXE running faster or something?

I am seriously debating this because I dont know if Jasper Arcade > Jasper RE5 console internally.

[quote name='IronsideGrunt']Any reason that benefits having an Arcade over an RE5 console, like the NXE running faster or something?

I am seriously debating this because I dont know if Jasper Arcade > Jasper RE5 console internally.[/quote]

I seriously doubt there is any noticiable difference with the NXE performace. I think Microsoft made the switch because it was cheaper to include the memory inside the console rather than on an external card.

[quote name='Mako1215']Welp returned the arcade through my warrenty. Got the price of the 279.99 I payed. Then just bought this with a new warrenty. It's pretty bad ass. Red controller with black accents! w00t!!! Putting my black recharge pack in it! So damn sweet[/quote]

What store did you buy yours from?

I know Best Buy doesn't even sell in-store warrenty exchanges anymore, they make you send it off to one of their repair centers for service.

WHAT THE fuck MAN!!!

I got my console yesterday, opened it up took out the game from the cardboard and I noticed some green plastic pieces inside- I looked on the top and a whole piece of the case was cracked!!! My game case got fucking CRUSHED. Can I get a new case from amazon? Will they shipped me an unbroken one?

[quote name='Sw33tbombs']WHAT THE fuck MAN!!!

I got my console yesterday, opened it up took out the game from the cardboard and I noticed some green plastic pieces inside- I looked on the top and a whole piece of the case was cracked!!! My game case got fucking CRUSHED. Can I get a new case from amazon? Will they shipped me an unbroken one?[/quote]

STFU already. All you've done is swear and whine constantly in this thread.

bread's done
Back