Resident Evil Essentials PS2 (Veronica X, Outbreak, RE4) $20 at Amazon

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']Goddamn that title/OP needs a grammatical facelift, but excellent deal nonetheless.[/quote]

this

It is a GOOD time to be a PS2 owner right now. All the classics can be had on the cheap and they're still turning out quality titles.

[quote name='Master Shake']Damn that is a good deal if you don't have RE4 and Code Veronica.[/quote]

agreed! this is an amazing deal. I already have RE4 so im good on this deal!
transparent_pixel.gif

If you buy this bundle pack, make sure to play Code Veronica before RE4. The reason for this is that if you decide to play RE4 first, playing through Code Veronica (or any other Resident Evils except #5) will feel like drudgery and a step back in time.

I'm not trying to say that Code Veronica is a bad game, since I enjoyed it immensely back when it was first released on the Dreamcast, but all other survival horror games (except for RE Remake on the GC) will pale in comparison once you experience the awesomeness that is RE4!

[quote name='aerozero']When does this sale end?[/quote]

Wish I could help, there's no telling with Amazon drops. Sometimes they randomly discount things for weeks, days or sometimes even just an hour.

[quote name='heyheyhey11']its a great package(minus re outbreak) for resident evil starters.[/quote]

Other than the online servers are long dead, Outbreak is still a great game, if not, better than the other 2 failures. =\

What about OUTBREAK and the load times? I have just the PS2 slim. I played OUTBREAK a long time ago on a fatty and I couldn't stand the load times. They were unreal.

I hope that new resident evil game isn't anything close to reuc. As a re nerd myself that game put to sleep everytime I wanna finish it so
I can see the end.

It was so bad, I sold it right after I beat jill's episode.

Hopefully, re2 port on ds or re2 remake on wii will be great

[quote name='Master Shake']Amazon still has it in stock for $20, it just ships in 2-3 weeks.[/quote]

thanks, i might buy another one in a few days.

does anyone know if this collection (and I'm assuming its the same version as the one sold at gamestop sale) have the original versions aka non-greatest hits? The red bar kills me every time I see it haha.

cool, I have a used copy of RE4 I can trade in (they gave me an original cover and manual with a gh disk...and called me stupid when I politely asked for a non gh disk for collector's reasons lol). 20 dollars for 3 great games in a cover box set is a steal. Though I may just order this through amazon and not deal with lamestop. Thanks refusedchaos, donbosco1, and TC.

i have the resident evil 0 and remake port for the wii and can confirm they do NOT use the true wiimote functions at all. It plays exactly like the gamecube one but using the wii mote.

[quote name='donbosco1']The cover looks different, but it seems that GS has the same title for the same price.[/quote]

Yep. It is part of their Game Days sale. There is a 10% coupon you can use in-store, as well. Unfortunately, GS guts most of the stuff for this sale, so YMMV on finding a sealed copy.

bread's done
Back