Resident Evil: Mercenaries 3D (3DS) $29.99 at Amazon

Jawmuncher

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
61M706Q7%2B3L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Resident-Evil..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0MYTXSBHZC1HEMGZV9SE

Looks like OOT wasn't the only game to get 10 knocked off it's price.
Highly recommended I personally say this is the best game on the 3DS (If you aren't a big fan of Zelda).

30 is well worth the price plenty of game play there to justify it.
I'll comment on the 1 save file though, this isn't a big deal at all if you're buying it new. Since starting from scratch is pretty much pointless, since once you unlock everything the objective from there is to go for higher scores. It was lame of Capcom to restrict it like that but they already said they won't be doing that again after the huge backlash it received because of it. (The game was Amazon Bombed in reviews just because of that)

[quote name='heyheyhey11']Zelda and evil residents can wait until hits 15.[/QUOTE]

It will likely be a long wait, for Zelda anyway.

[quote name='Gosha']These games should be 29.99 normally.[/QUOTE]

I own 6 or so 3DS games and Im beginning to come to the same conclusion. I heard sales for this game in particular have been fairly low, prices may drop even further.

[quote name='abhinav']I own 6 or so 3DS games and Im beginning to come to the same conclusion. I heard sales for this game in particular have been fairly low, prices may drop even further.[/QUOTE]

Honestly sales for just about any of the games not made by nintendo have been pretty low.

Amazon user reviews really crap on this game lol. But the fact that milkcom just ripped out the mercenaries mode from resident evil 4 and 5 and are charging you 40 bucks for it i cant blame them. Ill wait for revelations instead of paying for this.

Despite the flak this game has been getting, my need for something fun to play on my 3DS far outweighs what little care I have for it not being a "complete" game. In for one. Thanks OP.

dude what has happened to this deals section of CAG? what happened to black ops prestige bundle for 15 bucks? now over have of these threads are either about the 3ds of some very bad pre order deals!

[quote name='shawngreen1520']dude what has happened to this deals section of CAG? what happened to black ops prestige bundle for 15 bucks? now over have of these threads are either about the 3ds of some very bad pre order deals![/QUOTE]

When theres no killer deals floating around you get what you can get.

This game is shockingly resistant to bombing, and apparently has been selling rather well.

Despite the save issue bullshut (which may hilariously be more a matter of programming laziness than a conspiracy against used sales), the game IS actually incredibly fun.

If you couldn't give two shits about mercenary mode in RE4/RE5 then it's not for you, but if you found those modes any fun at all this is basically those modes with a ton of stuff to unlock. It's technically fairly bare bones right down to terrible UI menus, but the gameplay translates PERFECTLY to the 3DS and the online co-op works amazingly well.

If Capcom has any free time between outsourcing/cancelling games, they'll one day make a sequel with a budget greater than $20 and it'll be glorious.

I'll wait it out. Hopefully somewhere will have it for $19.99 soon. Every 3DS game that I've purchased so far has been $19.99 or lower lol. I'm becoming cheap with my old age :).

-DarkLegacy

[quote name='fundogmo']Despite the save issue bullshut (which may hilariously be more a matter of programming laziness than a conspiracy against used sales), the game IS actually incredibly fun.

If you couldn't give two shits about mercenary mode in RE4/RE5 then it's not for you, but if you found those modes any fun at all this is basically those modes with a ton of stuff to unlock. It's technically fairly bare bones right down to terrible UI menus, but the gameplay translates PERFECTLY to the 3DS and the online co-op works amazingly well.[/QUOTE]
+1ing this.
I went ahead and picked up Mercs 3D for full price simply as a fan of the Mercenaries mode since its introduction in Resident Evil 3. If you enjoy the gameplay of RE4/RE5 Mercs and arcade style score attack (simply trying to beat your old score or compete with friends) then the game is a very solid, and very fun experience.

While the price probably will continue to drop on this one, I for one think it's a fairly solid buy for $30. At least (as stated before) if you're a fan of the gameplay anyway.

This game should be $9.99, or a mode in Revelations instead of a standalone title. 3DS games should be $29.99 new anyway. $40 is ridiculous for what 99.9% of 3DS software offers in terms of content, graphics, and development costs.

[quote name='Chris in Cali']This game should be $9.99, or a mode in Revelations instead of a standalone title. 3DS games should be $29.99 new anyway. $40 is ridiculous for what 99.9% of 3DS software offers in terms of content, graphics, and development costs.[/QUOTE]

Is it confirmed that Revelations to include a Mercenary mode?
If it is that would be really great. Do you have a link to the source?

[quote name='sherisdoppel']Is it confirmed that Revelations to include a Mercenary mode?
If it is that would be really great. Do you have a link to the source?[/QUOTE]

I don't think he was saying that Revelations had a mercs mode, just that "The Mercenaries 3DS" should have been a minigame in Revelations rather than its own cart.

This game doesn't even deserve deal threads lol. This game is trash. Wouldn't recommend buying it for anything less than $10. I got it and traded it almost immediately onto Goozex. I wouldn't personally pay anything more $5 for it, but some may find more enjoyment than I did.

[quote name='DaedalusIkari']I don't think he was saying that Revelations had a mercs mode, just that "The Mercenaries 3DS" should have been a minigame in Revelations rather than its own cart.[/QUOTE]

Oh, I was too excited for the two wards "Revelations" and "mercs" that I didn't read it thoroughly, haha.

as much as I want to get this game, I have a feeling it will be pretty cheap on Black Friday...

[quote name='abhinav']I own 6 or so 3DS games and Im beginning to come to the same conclusion. I heard sales for this game in particular have been fairly low, prices may drop even further.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='fundogmo']This game is shockingly resistant to bombing, and apparently has been selling rather well.[/QUOTE]

I am actually quite interested in what sales have actually been for this game. With all of the bad press and how short the game is, low sales wouldn't surprise me. This is the first time I have heard that it is selling well.

[quote name='GaveUpTomorrow']I am actually quite interested in what sales have actually been for this game. With all of the bad press and how short the game is, low sales wouldn't surprise me. This is the first time I have heard that it is selling well.[/QUOTE]

i wont be surprised if it hits below $15.

My PS3 & 3DS have been getting the most play time from me as of late, so I caved in and bought it. :roll:

I'm sure I'll have fun with it; but only about $20 worth or so. But I'm almost done with Splinter Cell 3D and Pubic :)lol:) Ninja, then it's off to Ghost Recon and this will be a good way to break from the long sessions of GR.

[quote name='GaveUpTomorrow']I am actually quite interested in what sales have actually been for this game. With all of the bad press and how short the game is, low sales wouldn't surprise me. This is the first time I have heard that it is selling well.[/QUOTE]

Met it's goal of 400k, apparently
http://brutalgamer.com/2011/07/28/c...ries-3d-and-ssfiv-arcade-hit-projected-sales/

Yeah yeah, shipped to retailers and such, but the rumors/wishes of the game dying at retail are fairly overestimated.

Also, by the time Revelations DOES come out, this game will likely be $10 so you can pretend it's DLC on a separate card. For those of us weirdos who think Mercenaries was secretly the best part of RE4 (or definitely the best part of RE5) who wanted to play it early at a higher cost, we got to, so everybody wins!

I started playing this more and more since I got it and I really like it. Pretty challenging and looks great on the 3DS. I do have some issues with it like the menu systems and that it doesn't really feel like a "game" more like challenges. $20 would be the sweet spot I think.

[quote name='shawngreen1520']dude what has happened to this deals section of CAG? what happened to black ops prestige bundle for 15 bucks? now over have of these threads are either about the 3ds of some very bad pre order deals![/QUOTE]

BO prestige was a price error that lasted for one night. Until the Christmas season, most of the super hot deals will be either price errors, limited supply, or YMMV at B&M.

Rest of us are still here looking for saving some money on games we want to purchase anyway.

Welcome to retail cycles.

bread's done
Back