Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City Special Edition $24.99 YMMV In-store only

Fukurou

Banned
Went to Best Buy today and saw Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City Special Edition for $25 for the PS3. Thought it was a pretty good deal so I grabbed one. It was the last one there. I forgot to check if the Xbox 360 version was the same price. This is in-store only. The website doesn't have the PS3 version on it anymore and the 360 version is still $50. So if you want this game, next time you're at Best Buy, take a look to see if they have it. The SKU is 3967334

Also, let's keep the flames to a minimum, okay? This wasn't the best game ever, but it might be worth it at this price.

Probably very hard to find at this point, but wouldnt surprise me if this was a corporate price drop. I had a really hard time tracking down the special edition two weeks after release when Target had labelled their special editions at $34.99. I ended up getting lucky as one of the 8 Best Buys in my area had one copy left, so my manager PMed it and I did in-store pickup.

As far as the game is concerned, my friends and I had a blast with the coop campaign!

[quote name='MochaRaf']Probably very hard to find at this point, but wouldnt surprise me if this was a corporate price drop. I had a really hard time tracking down the special edition two weeks after release when Target had labelled their special editions at $34.99. I ended up getting lucky as one of the 8 Best Buys in my area had one copy left, so my manager PMed it and I did in-store pickup.

As far as the game is concerned, my friends and I had a blast with the coop campaign![/QUOTE]
Wasn't that the Collector's Edition?

Is this the Best Buy special edition or the collectors edition?

if its the Best Buy special edition then its not a great deal. you could get the Rac City used at gamefly for 9.99 and then just buy the DLC weapons if you want but their not that great.

There were 2 editions besides the regular edition. The special edition which had the steelbook, and then one called the Best Buy Limited Edition.

I'm assuming he meant the PS3 special edition with the steelbook, because that is no longer on their site, while the BB Limited edition is.

Special Edition. This one right here.

resident-evil-operation-raccoon-city-limited-edition-ps3.jpg

There is no collectors edition. There is a Special edition and a Best buy Limited edition. If its the Best buy its not a good deal. Its the regular game, except with a yellow best buy tag on the cover.

The actual special edition is a steel book, with slipcover and patches. If this is what your referring to TC, then its so rare to actually find at a best buy anywhere. your damn lucky. (not that its really rare or sought after, you can get it online for 30 some bucks)

Edit: okay I see that was addressed haha... Still, gonna be hard to find for anyone. Great deal though if you can find it. I just got it from amazon for 22, so Im good.
By the way a very cool package. I love steel books and slips, and to have them both is a must buy.

Great game too. Its got a lot of undeserved hatred for no reason. Especially now that the RE6 demo is out, it makes ORC look that much better...

Let me see if I have this right. There are 3 different forms of the game. The regular one, the Best Buy Limited Edition, and the Special Edition, right? There isn't any Collector's Edition with a statue or artbook or anything?

Okay, great, thanks TPerry.

bread's done
Back