Resident Evil: Outbreak — File 2: PlayStation 2 $29.99 Best Buy

wait so does this mean i can buy the game for 15 bucks?! I can use the gamer gift card for 5 off and then the 10 rebate on the capcom website. If so i might actually pick this up.

The $10 Capcom refund makes it almost good enough to resell.

Here's the fine print: You have to purchase Resident Evil: Outbreak, too.

There's always a hitch, huh?

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']The $10 Capcom refund makes it almost good enough to resell.

Here's the fine print: You have to purchase Resident Evil: Outbreak, too.

There's always a hitch, huh?[/QUOTE]
Yeah, there is always a hitch. Plus, the fine print #3 on the rebate says that you have to mail in the original UPC's of both games so if you are like me and don't like to cut up the box cover, it could be a problem. At least the EB voucher lets you mail in copy of the UPC or in some cases, requires no UPC at all.

I enjoyed the first game for a time. The only way I'd pick this one up is if the unbearable load times were cut down without having to buy that damn HDD.

[quote name='EstoyLoco']I enjoyed the first game for a time. The only way I'd pick this one up is if the unbearable load times were cut down without having to buy that damn HDD.[/QUOTE]

They have been cut down, according to the IGN review.

[quote name='kkt']Yeah, there is always a hitch. Plus, the fine print #3 on the rebate says that you have to mail in the original UPC's of both games so if you are like me and don't like to cut up the box cover, it could be a problem. At least the EB voucher lets you mail in copy of the UPC or in some cases, requires no UPC at all.[/QUOTE]

Ouch! You have to destroy the insert art? That's ridiculous even for a non collector like me.

I need to read that fine print some more.

[quote name='Filmire']They have been cut down, according to the IGN review.[/QUOTE]

Can you still isntall game files to the HDD like with the first game?

[quote name='Masterkyo']$30 still is too much .... beside i am not into RE series (maybe i don't like the control) but I like Resident Evil 4 on GC ;)[/QUOTE]

no way. RE:O is incredibly fun if you play with your friends over the phone. my friends and i even play on downtown mode and we have a blast.

this game is well worth 30 bucks. i just wish it didnt lag so much :/

I got The first Outbreak for $9.99 @ BB a couple months ago. I won't mind cutting out the UPC symbols on both if I can get Outbreak 2 for $15.

[quote name='tenzor']I knew I should've waited on this.:cry:[/QUOTE]

Same here, but I really like RE games, so I was too impatient :(

[quote name='bugg33']Does B+M follow the Online price?[/QUOTE]

Not always. I'd say there is a 60% chance you'll see a different price in store. At which point they will claim Best Buy.com isn't the same store so they won't price match.

[quote name='Xoria']no way. RE:O is incredibly fun if you play with your friends over the phone. my friends and i even play on downtown mode and we have a blast.

this game is well worth 30 bucks. i just wish it didnt lag so much :/[/QUOTE]

Ditto, playing on the phone with friends makes it fun...especially when someones phone starts to beep and it dies! Anywho thanks alot ill be picking this up tomorrow morning

[quote name='cheapass Gundam']Can you still isntall game files to the HDD like with the first game?[/QUOTE]

Yep you can still do that. Supposedly that's much faster too.

[quote name='Weedy649']Ditto, playing on the phone with friends makes it fun...especially when someones phone starts to beep and it dies! Anywho thanks alot ill be picking this up tomorrow morning[/QUOTE]

Check out teamspeak. http://goteamspeak.com . It's very handy for online games that don't support voice chat if you have a PC nearby. You can even use a PS2 headset w/ your PC.

[quote name='n00bie']Not always. I'd say there is a 60% chance you'll see a different price in store. At which point they will claim Best Buy.com isn't the same store so they won't price match.[/QUOTE]

So, has anyone checked yet if in this case if B&M has the same price?

[quote name='Filmire']So, has anyone checked yet if in this case if B&M has the same price?[/QUOTE]
Checked it yesterday and the Best Buy in Brooklyn Center, MN had the game listed at $29.99.

I would have to definately recommend this game to anyone who was waiting for a price drop. The game itself is more like an expansion pack than a full on sequel, but it's fun as hell. ALso one cool thing no one mentions about this game is that online, there's special events every so often that have special requirements. So far my favorite special event was

Stage:Flashback
Hard difficulty
Infinity mode (infinate bullets)
Nightmare mode (double zombie Hp and damage)
10x result points recieved

Prize: Axeman Costume unlocked ( i think, cause i already unlocked it b4)

I was pissed that the price dropped occured so quickly (2 weeks as someone mentioned) But I don't regret my purchase. If you love the 1st game, your gonna love this one. And the load time was reduced for Dvd players (I use HDD, literally 2-3 seconds load time per room).

[quote name='Xoria']no way. RE:O is incredibly fun if you play with your friends over the phone. my friends and i even play on downtown mode and we have a blast.

this game is well worth 30 bucks. i just wish it didnt lag so much :/[/QUOTE]

How do you play over the phone if this is broadband only :p. Unless you mean online with your DSL.

Anyways Capcom screwed the people who bought the game early. Not even a month later and the game is priced at $29.95 at their own website. I love the game still, but the game should've been at a fixed price for a while whether $49.95 or $29.95.

[quote name='gokou36']How do you play over the phone if this is broadband only :p. Unless you mean online with your DSL. .[/QUOTE]

He means they use it for communication since theres no voice support in game.

ex. Speaks into phone "Dude, lookout behind you"

Reply "DIE!!"

[quote name='gokou36']How do you play over the phone if this is broadband only :p. Unless you mean online with your DSL. [/QUOTE]

He's talking about using the phone to speak to teammate as they play.

bread's done
Back