Resident Evil Revelations 2 - $19.99 at Best Buy

Hope the PC version hits 75% off this year. Loved the first Revelations.

RE origins is waaaaay better than this one. If you want a real survivor horror try out RE 0 on HARD difficulty.

I played Revelations on Wii U and enjoyed it. I might bite on this one. $15 (GCU) is a fair price for me.

Both PS4 and Xbox One install the entire disc onto the hard drive. Both can do this in the background while you play something else, unlike last gen where both made you wait on the install screen. 360 however was optional install though. I didn't buy system based on controller. I bought them based on the type of games they have. Last gen, the 360 clearly had better software and online network, especially the first half of the decade of its life. Then the PS3 software line up closed in. This gen, both are essentially the same. However, if you like Japanese niche games, the only home console to play them is the PS4, and occasionally PC. Microsoft pulled out completely from Japan this time and in return, Japan ditched them. I have always purchased Microsoft consoles first in the past because of their software line up and their willingness to pull Japanese developers in. Not this time. I bought the PS4 nearly two years ago and just recently bought the XBO only because it was cheap during the holidays to play just a handful of exclusive games on it, and maybe a small few that perform better than the PS4. Yes, I value Japanese games more than western games. You know, the ones with cool looking dudes holding swords or chicks with skimpy outfits on the game covers vs muscular hairy males holding guns. xD

For the controllers, IMO the 360 pad was the best and it's a hair better than the XBO and PS4 controllers in terms of overall ergonomics. Besides the D-Pad, it's essentially perfect, a very durable controller with no bells and whistles and natively works on PC. As for the OG Xbox controller, I didn't like the super sized launch pads. The later revised Controller S was great, but the 360 pad also destroyed it. One feature I did like on the OG Xbox and PS2 controllers was the pressure sensitive buttons. That was removed and never came back in later gens.

The Wii U, I have that too and it has its exclusive games. I have about 10 games on it and they are all very good, but it's nearing its end and I only see a couple more games that I might buy for it. The funny part is, I probably will end up with more Wii U games than Xbox One games in the end of both systems' life.
I like the OG xbox big controller due to the feel in hand vs the ps2. I agree completely on your reason of the consoles and controllers. I got xbox due to halo and some of the games including som cool games like Tales of Vesperia and notice that multi-platform games work better on xbox over ps3. I have both consoles and the ps3 has some nice exclusive (last of us is awesome) I recall reading long ago about console wars and didnt like how people was bashing one another. Each console is great on its own and offers something different. What I like from Nintendo is that they not trying to beat Sony or Microsoft, but doing what they do best. Shoot, sometimes still play GBA games

and some old school games. I wish they would make a remake of Resident evil 2 and 3 because been wanting to replay them, but remastered. Hope they dont be lazy about those two remakes.

I played Revelations on Wii U and enjoyed it. I might bite on this one. $15 (GCU) is a fair price for me.
wonder why they didnt make it for the wii u? I picked up the 360 for $6 long ago at Target. Have u play both and is the Wii U better then the xbox and ps3?

No, it was really a lot like Revelations, but that one seemed much more original to me.

So far, I am unimpressed. This game is worth $15 and if I had to rate it, it would be a 6.5/10 ... with that .5 going to it just because it is a RE game.
This has to be better then Operation Racoon City lol

This has to be better then Operation Racoon City lol
I never played ORC, but I haven't heard anything good.

What irked me about Revelations 2 is the first two chapters are just recycled from each other. I kept getting the sense that Capcom was just trying to maximize its profits by banking on the RE name and recycling much of what we saw in the first Revelations game.

The multiplayer also feels extremely shoe horned.

IDK what this game cost new, but $15 is a fair price for it. More than that is too much, IMO.

Well if the Resident Evil & Zero Collection sale GOOD.  Will will see 2, 3 or 4  on Collection 2.  Then 5 & 6 on Collection 3.   

Probably true. They might be able to port the 360/PS3 version to the Wii U, but it would probably be less than the targeted 30fps on average like pretty much all 3rd party ports and they would probably use too much of their resources to optimize it. Since Wii U doesn't exactly has the userbase like the other last gen systems, they fear their effort/money would be wasted. As a business, that's not sounding so they rather skip it.

bread's done
Back