Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles $41.99/Metroid 3 $43.99 + 99¢ shipping + $3 off

NintendoFanGirl

CAGiversary!
You can preorder Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles for Wii for $41.99 + .99 cents shipping at familyvideo.com. Scheduled for release Nov 14:

http://shop.famvid.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=274356

Here are some other Wii deals:
DEAD Mario Strikers Charged $42.99 (preorder-July 31)
http://shop.famvid.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=273403
DEAD Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree $43.99
http://shop.famvid.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=269578
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption $43.99 (preorder-Aug 21)
http://shop.famvid.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=274710
DEAD Transformers: The Game $43.99
http://shop.famvid.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=270767
DEAD Ratatouille $43.99
http://shop.famvid.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=273415

I preordered RE4 Wii from them and they shipped immediately. Use code NEWPGMEM for $5 off (new members only). For existing members, try code NEWMEM3F for $3 off (thanks Josef).

nope, still not shipped. I'm not too worried though, my Guitar Hero Rocks the 80's shipped on the Tuesday it came out, and I had it Thursday, so the shipping's not that bad (I'm actually thinking I'll just pick it up at BB today, then return the Fam. Vid. copy when I get it)

[quote name='Zmonkay']nope, still not shipped. I'm not too worried though, my Guitar Hero Rocks the 80's shipped on the Tuesday it came out, and I had it Thursday, so the shipping's not that bad (I'm actually thinking I'll just pick it up at BB today, then return the Fam. Vid. copy when I get it)[/QUOTE]

Thanks.

Anway, can you believe I looked in this thread and completely missed the deal? I thought this was the old metroid deal! OOps! Well I jumped on this baby as soon as I realized. Also glad that the price was lower so the discount would bring it below $40.

Thanks for the deal!

Metroid Prime 3 for $39 well you can count me in. Thanks OP, I ordered from familyvideo before and they are a pretty good site and the shipping isn't that bad. Hopefully I should receive the game by this weekend.

[quote name='Scrubking']So has anyone's Metroid order shipped yet? Damn, I may not be able to wait for this.[/QUOTE]

I bit on the $40 deal too . . . and I probably can't wait either.

I'll likely do something bad like get it at Target and return the sealed one from Family on the Target receipt :)

I emailed them to find out what the deal was. My order still hasn't shipped and it was supposed to ship yesterday. I hate this crap.

[quote name='badramen']At 5:36 this morning, I got an email saying MP3 was shipped.[/QUOTE]

They didn't even send me an email. I had to check the site and at around 2pm it told me my order had shipped. Now let's see how long it takes.

[quote name='Scrubking']What's a good place to buy from if I plan on returning the shipped copy back to a store for refund?[/QUOTE]

I've found Target to be pretty easy with returns. Wal-Mart tends to have a big crowd of poor-looking people in line at the service desk.

I got a shipped email today! I can wait it out . . . waiting a week is work $13 in savings (including tax).

Well if MP3 doesn't go on Backorder like my order with Persona 3 did, then i'll order it from them when I cancel my Buy.com order (used GCO to much lol)

I got my order as well.

However, FamilyVideo did lose a couple points with their customer service. We emailed them twice about a potential double order with a second account. I think there was a typo in the email address in our first account, as I couldn't log back into the account anymore to make sure the address wasn't wrong (we just moved) and we never got order confirmation. So I made another account with the right email and ordered it again, and I emailed them to look for a duplicate account or order. They said there wasn't any. When we got two pending charges on the credit card, I asked them again, and they still said there wasn't any. Lo and behold, two Metroid Primes show up at my door :p At least we got both copies. We'll see if any friends want the game before we complain to FamilyVideo.

[quote name='judyjudyjudy']I got my order as well.

However, FamilyVideo did lose a couple points with their customer service. We emailed them twice about a potential double order with a second account. I think there was a typo in the email address in our first account, as I couldn't log back into the account anymore to make sure the address wasn't wrong (we just moved) and we never got order confirmation. So I made another account with the right email and ordered it again, and I emailed them to look for a duplicate account or order. They said there wasn't any. When we got two pending charges on the credit card, I asked them again, and they still said there wasn't any. Lo and behold, two Metroid Primes show up at my door :p At least we got both copies. We'll see if any friends want the game before we complain to FamilyVideo.[/QUOTE]

I can also confirm that FamilyVideo's customer service is mediocre at best. They have never responded to ANY emails I've sent them and if they change something you have to hope that their web page reflects it or your out of luck. They also took forever to cancel one of my orders so make sure you cancel early.

Also don't bother with that in-page email form they have just contact them directly at [email protected]

UPS screwed up my Metroid order!!! :bomb: They dropped it off without a signature OUTSIDE my apartment building an hour before I got home, so someone clearly stole it (crappy neighborhood). They never do that though. They always make multiple attempts if i'm not home.

Why oh why didn't i order the cheaper USPS shipping.

But I had a good customer service experience at least with FamilyVideo. Sent email to get the tracking number, got immediate reply, found out the news about it being delivered already, called them up, got answered right away, and got a refund on my order since the game is out of stock for a few weeks now.

Guess i'll have to pay full price for MP3 now, since i'm not waiting any longer.

[quote name='doc005']They charge when the item ships.[/quote]

I paid by paypal and my account was charged right away when I preordered Halo 3.

[quote name='NintendoFanGirl']You can preorder Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles for Wii for $41.99 + .99 cents shipping at familyvideo.com. Scheduled for release Jan 08:
[/quote]
Where are you getting that Umbrella Chronicles is scheduled for a Jan 08 release? Every site (including that link you provided for Family Video and capcom.com) has it November 13th, 07.

99¢ shipping
Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles : Wii
bar_start.jpg
pixel.gif
bar_end.jpg
Availability: This product will be in stock and ready to ship on Wednesday 14 November, 2007.
Release Date: 11/14/2007 UPC:013388350025 Manufacturer:Capcom Number of Players:
Platform:Wii Category:Shooter ESRB Rating: (none available)

http://www.familyvideo.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=274356

I ordered Metroid on Aug 27th...
Got an email saying that it shipped Aug 30th...
Have not received my game yet as of Sept. 11th...
Should i be concerned?

bread's done
Back