Resident Evil Wii - Rip Off

fluffy69

CAG Veteran
i just wanted to tell someone about this rip off. you have to know, i live in germany and i never played resident evil 4. i was realy concidering on getting the gamecube version, when i heard that they will remake the game for the wii for a 30 $ price tag. that is awesome, i thought and waited for the wii version to come out. when it came out in the us for that suggested retail price it scored high ratings, what made me even more excited. so i waited for the german release and released it is. capcom released an old game they just had to modify for whopping 45€! thats 5 bucks less then zelda! there is absolutly no way i will buy that game! you may say that 45€ for re4 is still a fair price, concidering the quality of the game. i think the germans get riped off! you cant sell a game in one country as a low price game and take it to full price in another country. that doesnt seem fair to me. maybe ill pick up the gamecube version after all. right now im upset. i just had to let you guys know.

That's... BS. At first I was going to say that you guys pay more for games but if it's only 5 marks less than Zelda, that is a rip-off.

As you said, as good as this game is it's still a GC game with new controls.

But, I have to say it, this game's awesome!:)

The game's still easily worth its original MSRP in my book.

But, the fact that we get it in the states for 1/2 of a new 360 game does make that pricing a tad suspect.

[quote name='daroga']The game's still easily worth its original MSRP in my book.

But, the fact that we get it in the states for 1/2 of a new 360 game does make that pricing a tad suspect.[/QUOTE]

ehh you just have to be resourceful, i got my for 25 with a coupon, i dont many cags paid full price

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']ehh you just have to be resourceful, i got my for 25 with a coupon, i dont many cags paid full price[/quote]What?

OP you should know that just because a product is one price in the US that doesn't mean it's going to be the same price in Europe (in fact prices in Europe are usually higher, if I remember correctly the PS3 costs about $1000 in Europe vs $600 in the US, and the other consoles have similar markups). I'm sure Capcom's American branch decided to make the US version $30, while Capcom's European branch decided to make the European version 45€.
Even if Capcom released the Wii version of RE4 in the US for $50 I still would have bought it. It's just that good, and the Wiimote controls are truly amazing.

[quote name='fluffy69']i just wanted to tell someone about this rip off. you have to know, i live in germany and i never played resident evil 4. i was realy concidering on getting the gamecube version, when i heard that they will remake the game for the wii for a 30 $ price tag. that is awesome, i thought and waited for the wii version to come out. when it came out in the us for that suggested retail price it scored high ratings, what made me even more excited. so i waited for the german release and released it is. capcom released an old game they just had to modify for whopping 45€! thats 5 bucks less then zelda! there is absolutly no way i will buy that game! you may say that 45€ for re4 is still a fair price, concidering the quality of the game. i think the germans get riped off! you cant sell a game in one country as a low price game and take it to full price in another country. that doesnt seem fair to me. maybe ill pick up the gamecube version after all. right now im upset. i just had to let you guys know.[/QUOTE]

Considering you haven't even played the game, I find it hard to swallow your rationale that it's a ripoff just becuase it costs less than Zelda in Germany.

I'm theorizing that becuase BMW's and Mercedes Benz cars cost so much more in America, they must be ripoffs as well.

Still a valid conclusion regardless the means... :lol:

[quote name='bmulligan']Considering you haven't even played the game, I find it hard to swallow your rationale that it's a ripoff just becuase it costs less than Zelda in Germany.

I'm theorizing that becuase BMW's and Mercedes Benz cars cost so much more in America, they must be ripoffs as well.[/quote]

a mercedes or a bmw are expensive cars in germany too and you can buy a ps3 for 599€ here (about 780$). the wii costs 250€ (with wii sports) and the xbox premium goes for 399€. even the iphone will cost 450€. you see everything else is fair priced. EXCEPT resident evil 4 and thats whats bothering me.

Everything in Germany has fair pricing except RE4 Wii? You better take your charts and graphs to the President of Capcom Germany and tell him to fix things ASAP. Here is a photo of him-
wily.gif

[quote name='fluffy69']a mercedes or a bmw are expensive cars in germany too and you can buy a ps3 for 599€ here (about 780$). the wii costs 250€ (with wii sports) and the xbox premium goes for 399€. even the iphone will cost 450€. you see everything else is fair priced. EXCEPT resident evil 4 and thats whats bothering me.[/QUOTE]

If a PS3 is about $780 and a Wii is about $325 in Germany than you should be used to getting ripped off already.

Or we should just be ashamed at how poorly the USD is performing in the global market.

[quote name='bmulligan']If a PS3 is about $780 and a Wii is about $325 in Germany than you should be used to getting ripped off already.[/quote]

If our dollar is worth less, then our goods cost less and are more attracdtive to overseas buyers. Of course, none of this has anything to do with the price of a PS3 in China. Germans probably have a shitload of sales tax to pay on goods anyway. I think it's called value tax, or value added tax.

[quote name='fluffy69']a mercedes or a bmw are expensive cars in germany too and you can buy a ps3 for 599€ here (about 780$). the wii costs 250€ (with wii sports) and the xbox premium goes for 399€. even the iphone will cost 450€. you see everything else is fair priced. EXCEPT resident evil 4 and thats whats bothering me.[/QUOTE]

How is all that stuff you quoted "fair priced", and RE for Wii which has the same markup not?

Resident Evil 4 (wii) for $30 is still expensive in my book since i owned GC version. I'll pickup whenever it drop down $20. Begin CAG's is HARD... very hard.

I finally found this game at Meijer yesterday. It's been out of stock at every retail outlet by me since release.

I just got home from work and plan to pop this baby in after dinner. I sure hope it's worth the $30 I paid for it. We'll see.

[quote name='CouRageouS']Yea but think of all the great prices you get on delicious German chocolates, we pay out the ass over here :shock:[/QUOTE]

Not to mention you guys get kick ass beer, and you get to drink it 5 years earlier.

bread's done
Back